Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/14

• STATS

Vakif was better in most elements, except aces 4-2 and errors 27-35 for Fenerbahce. Garay with weaker day as spiker, but in reception she didn't disappoint. On the other hand Kim had too little support both from Garay and Havlickova, while trio Gozde-Brakocevic-Costagrande worked properly, though for some people Carolina's performance could've been better :whistle: Looking into stats Gozde deserved for MVP ^^ Bahar again with so little amount of points :lol:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• ONCE AGAIN I DON'T FIND IT AMUSING WHEN BAHAR IS BEING MADE FUN OF.. I mean people she is not Furst, Poljak, Akinradewo but please have you watched the match? In fact all matches this season.. Naz is not setting her! Those numbers do not tell the story like it is.. Once again I point out I am not saying she would kill the balls she would get.. Naz of course has her reasons not to trust her, but setting when that's the only option I don't think will fork for neither Bahar nor their team.. Do you know how many times she got set properly? two times.. she executed those balls.. the other balls were tipped.. That's all I have to say.. Have a good night :drink:

• ONCE AGAIN I DON'T FIND IT AMUSING WHEN BAHAR IS BEING MADE FUN OF.. I mean people she is not Furst, Poljak, Akinradewo but please have you watched the match? In fact all matches this season.. Naz is not setting her! Those numbers do not tell the story like it is.. Once again I point out I am not saying she would kill the balls she would get.. Naz of course has her reasons not to trust her, but setting when that's the only option I don't think will fork for neither Bahar nor their team.. Do you know how many times she got set properly? two times.. she executed those balls.. the other balls were tipped.. That's all I have to say.. Have a good night :drink:

Of course she's not a top MB like stars you mentioned, but not getting balls from the setter may also mean that setter don't trust you because you're not a reliable spiker :whistle: this time it was 2/8 balls during 5 sets :!: maybe it don't tell the story, but don't look convincing neither. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to watch matches, so I can rely on mostly on stats and because of it I don't know everything :aww: maybe at least her block contribution was better, but wait... Guidetti deliberately switched Furst with Bahar in order to have better block in front of Kim, in favour of Furst...

• :obey: :obey: Gözde Sonsırma :super: She carried her team with her passion once again! She never gives up! Welldeserved MVP :heart: Seriously playing with & against top OHs made her a world class OH. I'm so happy for her :heart: Bahar Eda Gökçen, all local MBs were awful today :thumbdown: No mercy for them :P

• Of course she's not a top MB like stars you mentioned, but not getting balls from the setter may also mean that setter don't trust you because you're not a reliable spiker :whistle: this time it was 2/8 balls during 5 sets :!: maybe it don't tell the story, but don't look convincing neither. Unfortunately I don't have enough time to watch matches, so I can rely on mostly on stats and because of it I don't know everything :aww: maybe at least her block contribution was better, but wait... Guidetti deliberately switched Furst with Bahar in order to have better block in front of Kim, in favour of Furst...

That's why I said naz has her reasons.. she is not a reliable scorer, but in order other things to function she has to set her some balls.. I hava watched many matches of Vakif and Turkish NT and she was never a great player, but she always got some balls at least in the start of the sets.. now she doesn't.. I have mentioned this before but Ozge used to set her a lot more.. However I agree she is not performing like she should.

• That's why I said naz has her reasons.. she is not a reliable scorer, but in order other things to function she has to set her some balls.. I hava watched many matches of Vakif and Turkish NT and she was never a great player, but she always got some balls at least in the start of the sets.. now she doesn't.. I have mentioned this before but Ozge used to set her a lot more.. However I agree she is not performing like she should.

This really doesn't sound logical, you also agreet with that she is not a reliable attacker so why still insist that she has to get more sets? :what: Setters mustn't set the ball to a player who is a weak attacker, ball contribution doesn't mean that. Moreover she is still getting more sets than Gökçen but still less killing ratio than her :rolleyes:

• This really doesn't sound logical, you also agreet with that she is not a reliable attacker so why still insist that she has to get more sets? :what: Setters mustn't set the ball to a player who is a weak attacker, ball contribution doesn't mean that. Moreover she is still getting more sets than Gökçen but still less killing ratio than her :rolleyes:

Unreliable does not mean incapable. I am saying she should get more sets because that''s how opposing MB will think of jumping together with her and letting Gozde, Costa, Brako 1 on 1.. Some sets in the early set won't really make a difference.. About the killing ration I explained.. Naz only sets her whne the ball can't be set anywhere else, like one handed sets, sets that she could barely reach etc. so no such things can be said about her attacking efficiency. Feel free to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQboCYQAdA :rolleyes:

• Unreliable does not mean incapable. I am saying she should get more sets because that''s how opposing MB will think of jumping together with her and letting Gozde, Costa, Brako 1 on 1.. Some sets in the early set won't really make a difference.. About the killing ration I explained.. Naz only sets her whne the ball can't be set anywhere else, like one handed sets, sets that she could barely reach etc. so no such things can be said about her attacking efficiency. Feel free to watch this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6uQboCYQAdA :rolleyes:

Aw! I know you like Bahar and I agree she is probably the top 3 local MBs in Turkey but we all accept she is bad in attacking. For those sets that Naz had to set to her with 1 hand, when a setter has a high reception (a bad one) which will probably pass over the net, all setter has to do is to touch the ball and expect the MB come for a quick attack. Naz does not set such balls in purpose to her but that's her only option. Bahar is a good blocker against tall teams playing with high sets but she is unfortunately bad in estimating where a fast set will end up as well.
    Most important of all, for a setter it is always better to set to an OH even though you know there will be a double block instead of trying to set to a MB where the timing is off. In the former there is a big chance for transition. Ah and I'm definitely not a russian setter :lol:

• Aw! I know you like Bahar and I agree she is probably the top 3 local MBs in Turkey but we all accept she is bad in attacking. For those sets that Naz had to set to her with 1 hand, when a setter has a high reception (a bad one) which will probably pass over the net, all setter has to do is to touch the ball and expect the MB come for a quick attack. Naz does not set such balls in purpose to her but that's her only option. Bahar is a good blocker against tall teams playing with high sets but she is unfortunately bad in estimating where a fast set will end up as well.
    Most important of all, for a setter it is always better to set to an OH even though you know there will be a double block instead of trying to set to a MB where the timing is off. In the former there is a big chance for transition. Ah and I'm definitely not a russian setter :lol:

Well I know. The opposing blockers know that too. That's why I say there is no need to make fun of Bahar when 6 from those 8 sets were like that. And of course you'll set your OH instead of her but later in the set. What difference will it make on 5-5 or 8-7?

• -What i felt during F4 that Guidetti slowly given up from Gizem Karadayi after finding younger Gizem Orge,and she really rocked in last turkish cup.She is better reciever and really good digger(Of course she is still not good digger as Gizem Karadayi) but considering Guidetti's best feature is defence i think he can make a great libero from Gizem Orge.Maybe not next year but in two years Guidetti will prefer Orge over Karadayi.(Last time He gave up on Nihan and transfered Gizem from Galatasaray) maybe the same story will happen
    -For me now the best turkish libero is definitly Merve Dalbeler and she should take Gizem's place in NT.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• -What i felt during F4 that Guidetti slowly given up from Gizem Karadayi after finding younger Gizem Orge,and she really rocked in last turkish cup.She is better reciever and really good digger(Of course she is still not good digger as Gizem Karadayi) but considering Guidetti's best feature is defence i think he can make a great libero from Gizem Orge.Maybe not next year but in two years Guidetti will prefer Orge over Karadayi.(Last time He gave up on Nihan and transfered Gizem from Galatasaray) maybe the same story will happen
    -For me now the best turkish libero is definitly Merve Dalbeler and she should take Gizem's place in NT.

I agree about the liberos.. Gizem has been unlucky with her injuries this year, but that's how Orge got more chances and used them very good. I liked her as a receiver especially, since I'm used to see Gizem not passing on such a high level.. And Ive said that before.. Merve is now playing the best from all the Turkish liberos, she should be in NT

• Merve played many years as OH (She is 1.83) and as libero it's only her 4th season so considering that,the point that she came now is admirable and not very easy.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Merve in defence is much better than Güreşen at the moment. Örge in reception is much better than Güreşen(She was also the best reciever in U23 by far :win: ). I hope those 2 will be NT liberos. Lets see if Barbolini can give up on Güreşen so sudden :whistle:

• Merve is quite high for a libero, comparing with many lower wing-spikers, but seeing her progress throughout last years she's so outstanding and fully deserves to be NT member :thumbsup: