Turkey - Acıbadem First League 2013/2014

• As I understand , Halkbank is trying 3-4 different rotations. The players whose position is stable are Kaziyski and Juantorena as OH, Resul Tekeli as MB. The interesting part is libero position. They are letting Can Ayvazoğlu play as libero instead of OH, which is a mistake I think.
    Rotations;
    1. Setter : Raphael, MB: Sabit Karaağaç, OPP: Emre Batur
    Sabit is a terrible blocker .Block will be extremely weak.I don't think they can survive with this rotation.
    2. Setter:Raphael, MB:Emre Batur , OPP: Burutay Subaşı
    Burutay is a left handed player, can attack very efficiently in OPP position but he is short again block will be weak.
    3. Setter: Hüseyin Koç ; MB: Emre Batur , OPP: Mitar Djuric
    This one is interesting. Block will be ok but they will lost Raphael.

Since Stoychev is used to play with very stable and talented squad, he doesn't like working on different options. This is why they are trying to sign a strong Turkish MB to make rotation 1 only option.
    I think they must try Kaziyski OPP and Burutay as OH but I don't think Stoychev will take any risk.

• From what I saw last year, Huseyin Koc is not a bad setter at all. Stoychev likes Rapha too much indeed. We'll see.

• Arkas Spor – Halkbank: 0-3

MVP: Matey Kaziyski (Halkbank)

Arkas Spor: Erhan (3), Mustafa R. (1), Urnaut (10), Mustafa K. (3), Sivula (15), Perrin (18), Hasan (L), Yiğit (-)

Halkbank: Resul (4), Raphael (2), Juantorena (12), Emre (6), Burutay (4), Kaziyski (22), Nuri (L), Kerem (-), Can (-), Hüseyin (-)

Sets: 16-25, 24-26, 23-25

Time: 88 min. (24´, 32´, 32´)

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

• In Super Cup match they played with rotation 2. Burutay played as an OPP but received in the backrow instead of Kaziyski. It really helped Matey and he shined in the offensive end, MVP of the match.
    In first league match they played with rotation 3. Raphael was out. I must say it was a poor performance from Halkbank. They barely beat one of the worst teams of Turkish league, a team let by 40 year old OH. The score looks good but the game was much more competitive than the scoreboard suggests. I don't know what to expect from Djuric but he looked very ordinary as an OPP.He is too slow to play that position, also has very poor technique .He was just trying to hit as hard as he can. Osmany was unrecognisable in the service. I must say my downfall theory on his performance is perfectly working. Also very poor performance from Kaziyski. 40 years old Gökhan Öner outplayed both of them. What is wrong with them? ! Hüseyin didn't use MBs much but in general his performance was good.
    And this is for Raylight ; he must see the efficancy of Halkbank :lol:
    http://www.tvf.org.tr/Sezonlar…20BLD.(3-0)19.10.2013.pdf

• http://www.tvf.org.tr/istatistik/istatistik.php I couldn't find the statistics via this link :what: where did you reach the stats

• A bit strange but the statistics are given in the news section with this link: http://www.tvf.org.tr/index.php?haber=7929
    :cheesy:

Thanks a lot :drink: Federation's website sucks as usual :wall: I wish they would publish individual rankings as they did 3 years ago :whistle:

• Stats for Istanbul - Ankara match?

• Is still injuried Gavin Schmitt for Arkasspor? Did he play last saturday against Konak? Thanks

Schmitt is out of volleyball at least for 6 months and Arkasspor transfered Urpo Sivula from Finland NT instead of him.I guess they plan to play with Gavin for 2014/2015.

2010/2011 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Turkish Cup Winner :cup:
    2011/2012 Eczacıbaşı VitrA - Super Cup Winner :cup:

• Halkbank - Fenerbahçe Grundig : 2-3 (25-22, 25-23, 17-25, 22-25, 14-16) - Sts

It was an epic match and both teams fought hard until the end. Miljkovic & Fonteles :obey:

"Lo sbaglio più grande e quello di credere di aver vinto prima ancora di giocare la partita"

Edited once, last by filedefener ().

• Fenerbahce is at best an above average team . They cant expect this kind of performance from Fonteles in every match .
    The story of the match was Halkbank's reception . They must have the one of the worst reception line-up ever with Nuri-Matey and Osmany.Juantorena -Kaziyski due isnt working anymore .
    Kaziyski's performance so far in Turkish League is shameful .

• Juantorena did what he had to do :whistle: Problem is Kaziyski, who is supposed to be one of the best all-around OH in the world :wall: Nuri's performance also dropped a lot this season, indeed he was on of the top level libero a few years ago :S

Congrats to FB! They always lacks one more strong attacker next to Marshall and Milijkoviç. Fonteles's contribution at offense makes other spikers performance better :drink:

I am afraid Halkbank will be one other example of rich but unsuccessful teams. With these performance, there is no chance for them to beat neither Ziraatbank or Arkas, which is way weaker than the previous years :whistle:

• Halkbank - Fenerbahçe Grundig : 2-3 (25-22, 25-23, 17-25, 22-25, 14-16) - Sts

It was an epic match and both teams fought hard until the end. Miljkovic & Fonteles :obey:

How to find statistics from the Turkish league games?