2014 FIVB World Grand Prix

• Did Russian fellows watched this match? This is what bad referee-ing is all about. Russian money even could change Hawkeye decision, perfect!

You are so used that games being held in Turkey everytime it ends with scandalous decisions in favour of Turkey, that you just can't stand when things go not in your favour.

• You are so used that games being held in Turkey everytime it ends with scandalous decisions in favour of Turkey, that you just can't stand when things go not in your favour.

:lol: :thumbsup:

• You are so used that games being held in Turkey everytime it ends with scandalous decisions in favour of Turkey, that you just can't stand when things go not in your favour.

Well referees never changed the decision against Hawkeye in Turkey or even changed the Hawkeye decision directly by manipulating the system. You Russians know very well how to bribe and what corruption is. It should hurt though to pay that much to the referees and win a game barely. I only felt sorry for the Russian players because they did not look comfortable with those decisions either.

• Did Russian fellows watched this match? This is what bad referee-ing is all about. Russian money even could change Hawkeye decision, perfect!

Im sorry...but I think this time there is nothing to do with money...that line camera is the worse possible.

There is no point in having technology if first, the refs dont know how to use it...second if there is no standard call.

FIVB should first of all define a rule for it! A rule that apply to every place. Second they should train the people behind the cameras...cause they take way to long to analyze the images...fourth the should use the cameras in the right angles!

• It is Russia´s fault referee´s decisions were so wrong? I dont think so. Btw, Sonsirma was a little bit annoying claiming. But we have to understand her too. It could have been a 11-12 instead of 10-13. The point should have been restarted. Anyway, there should be a limit of challenges per set. Sometimes I thought Marichev was challenging and challenging just for distract Turkey. There were so many challenges called for non sense! So obvious fault, like when Startseva crossed all the line

• Im sorry...but I think this time there is nothing to do with money...that line camera is the worse possible.

There is no point in having technology if first, the refs dont know how to use it...second if there is no standard call.

FIVB should first of all define a rule for it! A rule that apply to every place. Second they should train the people behind the cameras...cause they take way to long to analyze the images...fourth the should use the cameras in the right angles!

It is as simple as it is. Did the hawk eye said it was no touch? Yes. Then why did they change it? They even changed the decision of Hawkeye. One has to be blind to avoid that.

• Well referees never changed the decision against Hawkeye in Turkey or even changed the Hawkeye decision directly by manipulating the system. You Russians know very well how to bribe and what corruption is. It should hurt though to pay that much to the referees and win a game barely. I only felt sorry for the Russian players because they did not look comfortable with those decisions either.

You're right. I bet Gamova shared a half of her truck of money for this most important victory against Turkey!

• It does not look like they were able to set up and test the hawk-eye system enough.

They didn't get it set up in time for the first match. They don't have the cameras in the best place. And the cameras they do have are not super high def. The challenges take a long time to review. And when they do review, there is a lot of ambiguity with the calls.

So far the use of this system is inferior to the one used in World League Final Round (Italy), the Polish system, or the Korean system :|

• We(Turkey) played well. We could win second set also and lost cause of perfect refrees! Our aim was have a medal at the end of GP and still can have. Let`s see.

Btw, Koshe and Gozde :obey:
    Sherban and Meliha/Molnar JR :aww:

• Gozde is so annoying. Who does she think she is? Referees gotta stop tolerating this kind od attitude.
    Russian team looks more hopeless day by day. Even when Neri was out they couldn't capitalize, Onal and Melina almost beat them :wall:

She was right there. Very good attitude. In first or second set there was almost same position, challenge camera said there was no foot fault but the referee didn't change his decision. In the position you mentioned here, referee gave the point Turkey first and it was a critical one. Then Russia used their challenge and challenge said there was no foot fault. Referee was almost giving point to Turkey but Russians wanted to challenge again and referee immediately changed his decision. Then Turkish players went to referee and he gave the point Turkey again but second referee rewatched the position and suddenly system said it was a foot fault. Such an amateur mistake in such a crucial part... It's not about the decision, it's about the way the decision is made. She had to protest this for sure... She could even give red card to the referee :lol:

Congratulations on Russia but I think we deserved this match more. I hope Neriman is healthy. :heart:

• Anyway besides the bad referee decisions, both teams played really bad today.

Russia is relying too much on Kosheleva so whenever she is out, there is no Russia. Gamova's return will make a big difference for them.

In Turkish side, Gözde had up and downs but her downs mostly were during crucial points. However, it was impressive that an OH like her could reach up to 30 points. Kubra Akman was really effective and Bahar was very well too. Neriman was bad but later we saw that she was actually injured. I believe Molnar JR did much better than expected as OH. I also liked Naz's sets when the reception was good, though I don't like that she sets every ball coming from defense to Gözde or Neriman although the opposite is in the front row.

I would like to say Congrats to the Russian girls but not to Marichev and the referees. It was a chaos in the end of the game and referee looked like he is newly graduate and did not want to take any responsibility.

• It is as simple as it is. Did the hawk eye said it was no touch? Yes. Then why did they change it? They even changed the decision of Hawkeye. One has to be blind to avoid that.

But there is no hawk eye in that situation. the hawk eye is jut in for the ball in the lines...that situation was made by camera, and no computer, its just the tv that add the comment for what happened (and why they can change it), and in that case they could be wrong..but again I dont know if they were since the angle was the worse!

• No, actually the referees looked super cheap. Probably Gamova offered a day of her salary.

It was very good, do not fight Russia Today was a good .. :win: :flower: :dance4: What wines have players that judges are incompetent .... And GYOZDE is really annoying, I had to exclude it ....

• Fairly speaking, Sonsirma is no fault on that back-row attack. She turned her foot position to avoid stepping, with only may be the shoe head covers a bit on it. Anyway she didn't take any advantage of stepping. The referee decision would definitely impede the use of back-row attack. I would say Sheilla often steps on the line when she serves if that counts, yet she doesn't take advantage by doing this.

The hawkeye is terrible for making the match so ugly to watch.

• What happened to Belgium - Brazil? It was meant to start at 15:10 (almost 20 mins ago) but it looks from the livescore like it hasn't started yet?

The Turkey-Russia match went very long. And there's a mandatory 30 minute break in between matches.

Belgium-Brazil will start at 6:45 GMT/15:45 local time.

• She was right there. Very good attitude. In first or second set there was almost same position, challenge camera said there was no foot fault but the referee didn't change his decision. In the position you mentioned here, referee gave the point Turkey first and it was a critical one. Then Russia used their challenge and challenge said there was no foot fault. Referee was almost giving point to Turkey but Russians wanted to challenge again and referee immediately changed his decision. Then Turkish players went to referee and he gave the point Turkey again but second referee rewatched the position and suddenly system said it was a foot fault. Such an amateur mistake in such a crucial part... It's not about the decision, it's about the way the decision is made. She had to protest this for sure... She could even give red card to the referee :lol:

Congratulations on Russia but I think we deserved this match more. I hope Neriman is healthy. :heart:

I agree with you that Turkey actually deserved this win more, because they were really fighting all game long and Russians were in and out. I won't even say anything on Russian tactics that's unbearable. But I'm not agree on that Gozde behaviour, she was overacting even if she was right. She was demanding, she was talking endlessly to everyone, that was over the top. I won't even mention her screeming to Scherban's face in the 1 set, I find it funny how all the Turkish users here were up hating Malykh for doing that 1 time in Ankara and now Gozde does that 2 games in a row against Russia and she's a national hero.