Russia - Суперлига 2014/15

• That means now that Omichka and Dinamo Krasnodar are out of Champions League for next season?

Omichka for sure.

I think neither Uralochka NTMK nor Zarechie Odintsovo won't use CL spot because of money and in that situation Dinamo Krasnodar will buy CL spot as probably Wild Card to Club World Championship.

• Terzic was sacked as Omichka coach: http://www.omskinform.ru/news/78789

Thank God...

Why do you think this is right? I liked how they played this season, especially some weeks ago.. This seasons roster was weaker than last year for example, he made a wise choice by signing Isaeva, who never knew what shape she'll be in, he risked and got the best of her.. Nastya S. is injured all season long and she was a very important player for them last year.. Young Kurilo played extremely good.. This is disappointing for sure, but Babeshina got injured and she was having such a nice season.. I can't really speak because I didn't watch this matches against Zarechie but failure like this is not worth for such a penalty, but oh well..

• What Krasnodar did is SHAMEFUL! Look at their roster, I mean come on! And they are not even in semifinals.. No words for that team..

Calderon should go play in Volero next season as a non receiving OH, and replace Mamma.. She wasted her time in Krasnodar this season

• What Krasnodar did is SHAMEFUL! Look at their roster, I mean come on! And they are not even in semifinals.. No words for that team..

Calderon should go play in Volero next season as a non receiving OH, and replace Mamma.. She wasted her time in Krasnodar this season

Well, having big names in roster doesn't mean that you have a team for a title :wavy: they were too much dependent on Kosheleva as OP :!: having both Calderon and Kosheleva together on court could be too risky on the other hand, I don't know how would reception line deal with it (Kosheleva-Sokolova/Garay-Kryuchkova). Calderon wasted herself on bench without doubts :whistle:

Gold medal - World League 2013 Prediction Game
    Bronze medal - World League 2012 Prediction Game

• Why do you think this is right? I liked how they played this season, especially some weeks ago.. This seasons roster was weaker than last year for example, he made a wise choice by signing Isaeva, who never knew what shape she'll be in, he risked and got the best of her.. Nastya S. is injured all season long and she was a very important player for them last year.. Young Kurilo played extremely good.. This is disappointing for sure, but Babeshina got injured and she was having such a nice season.. I can't really speak because I didn't watch this matches against Zarechie but failure like this is not worth for such a penalty, but oh well..

Agreed, he didn't need to be let go. They have been disappointing in the last few gmes of the sason, staarting with the CEV cup return leg where they go knocked out. It didn't help that Babeshina was out for 2 weeks. She returned though and had a good 2nd game against Zarechie but they were knocked out in the Golden Set. I guess they had higher expectations.

As for Krasnodar, they should have benched Garay and play Calderon, she didn't get enough games and she could have helped a lot with her attacks. Kosheleva needed to practice as a receiving OH,because she plays that for the NT and she definitely needs to do better in reception, but, they played her as OP. Her receiving couldn't have been too worse than what Garay was doing. Now her reception will be even worse for the NT.

Is Garay staying? If not, I am sure Calderon will get her OPP spot back. I know Fabiola is staying for another season.

Calderon should go play in Volero next season

Of all the teams, why did you say Volero? If I remember correctly, this isn't her first season in Krasnodar and I think I read that Calderon is married to a Russian and has a child, I could be wrong though

• Of all the teams, why did you say Volero? If I remember correctly, this isn't her first season in Krasnodar and I think I read that Calderon is married to a Russian and has a child, I could be wrong though

Because she is a Volero Zürich player. She is under contract with Volero but on Ioan for Dinamo Krasnodar.

• I remember it was a 3 year deal for Calderon in Krasnodar. So unless they'll terminate it, I think she'll be staying in Krasnodar for one more year.

• Omicka have had good matches this season they have been unlucky a little...babeshina,carillo,the middle etc....they have played with russian players and did well..on the other hand Krasnodar has been a big disappointment with that roster they have......garay isnt leading scorer her work is to receive to defend to digg and when needed to attack but seems she couldnt do her main work well.seems Sokolova is a done player.and she is just good as bench player for strong teams...plus> russian teams miss world class mbs....

• Quarter-Finals:

Dinamo Kazan - Avtodor Metar 3-1 3-0

Dinamo Moscow - Proton 3-0 3-0

Dinamo Krasnodar - Uralochka NTMK 3-2 2-3 Golden Set 12-15

Omichka - Zarechie 1-3 3-0 Golden Set 11-15

• Semi-Finals:

Dinamo Kazan - Zarechie Odintsovo

Dinamo Moscow - Uralochka NTMK

* to 2 wins
    * matches 16 and 20.04
    * if will be tie 1:1 - will be Golden Set

• What happened to Alena Golosnova? Wasn't she in Uralochka HTMK at the beginning of the season? At 22 years of age isn't she a bit young to be an "Ex-Player"?

Well I see now from Alena Golosnova's instagram why she isn't playing volleyball anymore. 21 weeks into the pudding club.

• Why do you think this is right? I liked how they played this season, especially some weeks ago.. This seasons roster was weaker than last year for example, he made a wise choice by signing Isaeva, who never knew what shape she'll be in, he risked and got the best of her.. Nastya S. is injured all season long and she was a very important player for them last year.. Young Kurilo played extremely good.. This is disappointing for sure, but Babeshina got injured and she was having such a nice season.. I can't really speak because I didn't watch this matches against Zarechie but failure like this is not worth for such a penalty, but oh well..

About Terzic: Omichka was the best team of the SL in the first half of the season, and I wrote it here back then. But, since that time, Omichka failed in ALL decisive moments. And, IMHO, it can't be just bad luck. They failed to win Krasnodar at end of the regular season, in order to avoid Zarechie at the ¼ finals; they played miserably in the decisive moments of the champions, when they still had a chance to move to the next round; they lost to Galatasaray in the CEV cup, also miserably, after a great win at home; and, finnaly, they lost the golden set playing at home, against the youngest team of the league, after have trashed them by 3 X 0. So, it seems that mr. Terzic has a serious difficulty in preparing his players for decisive moments. And, btw, who told you that Terzic is the responsible for hiring Isaeva? There also other people at Omichka staff who might have had the idea.

• it seems that Omichka's financial problems are showing off, as Semisonic foresaw here at the beginning of the season: http://dpomsk.ru/sport/11687-t…a_pozitsii_novogo_ru.html

Kutiukova and Carillo will leave, and the situations of Orlova and Shlyakhovaya are still open.

Curiously, Isaeva renew with them, and apparently Kurilo and Irisova will stay too. So, they may keep being a reasonably competitive side.

I'm wonder about Kutia's destination. She's the most consistent Russian player in the moment, and she'll be a valuable asset whenever she arrives. I just hope she doesn't land at Krasnodar. If she moves to Kazan, the team may be a bit short with her and Del Core playing together, but there's also the hope of Chaplina's improvement. So...

And Shlyakhovaya, she may be the answer to Moscow problems with attack in the middle.

• ABOUT THE SEMIS

Moscow's game remind's me a lot of the Russian NT of 2013. Even in it's drawbacks. The rotation where Goncha and Markova are in the back row, and Scherban, Morozova and Pankova are on the net, is the achilles heel of the team. It was exploring this rotation that Kazan won 6 or 7 points in a row in the 3º set of they last meeting. They just to force the service in Scherban and antecipate the block from the middle to the left. As we know, Morozova don't attack at position 3.

A similar situation happened with Russia in 2013, when Goncha and Kosha were at the back, and Pasynkova and Morozova were on the net. But, when thing's got tough, Marichev replaced Morozova for Dianskaya to boost the attack. And here lies the problem with Moscow. They don't have such alternatives on the bench. So, if Uralochka knows how to explore those subtle deficiencies, they'll have a real chance to win, because Moscow has no B plan.

Uralochaka, on the other hand, is problably the team who improved mostly in the second half of the season. And, IMHO, the main responsible for that is Pisarenko. She began the season terribly, but now she's playing very consistently, specially in reception and defence. BTW, Pisarenko, though discreet, is quite a good player. Her role on court and her overall technical level are very similar to Pasynkova's.

Tactically, Uralochka also improved a lot, specially in defence – it was particularly evident in the last match against Krasnodar. Ilchenko, the best spiker of the team, is also growing in reception. Their week point, however, is the Opp. Malofeeva is really average. Anyway, though they're not favourites, I think Uralochaka have a real chance to overcome Moscow.

Zarechie's game is based in block and counterattack. And Pankov will have to craft they block/defense very carefully, because, in the first match against Avtodor, it was clear that Kazan is playing as fast as they can. Plus, they have Gamova, one of the most decisive players in the history of the game. On the other hand, anytime the score tights, Startseva slows down. So, Zarechie can't allow Kazan to open too much points and let Startseva feels comfortable. Besides, Zarechie, of course, will also explore Chaplina's bad reception as much as possible. I don't know if Nikolaeva will be fit for the semis, but I don't believe she'll make much of a difference.

Kazan, on the other hand, have not only an experienced team, but also the best coach of the league. So, they'll explore Zarechie's immaturity to it's limit. And here, the key player is Voronkova. If she plays as she did in the first leg against Omichka, then Zarechie have a chance to overcome Kazan – BTW, Voronkova's performance in that game showed how a good player she'll become when she matures. But, honestly, the most likely scenario is that she'll feel the pressure and give the game to Kazan. Another problem is that Malykh isn't 100% phisicaly. I hope she recovers in time.

In sum, I'll be really happy with a final between Uralocha vs Zarechie, though I know it's unlikely.