Germany - DVL 1. Bundesliga 2014/15

• Stuttgart takes 3rd set too :super:

It's a really nice match with many long spectacular rallies!!!

Another spectacular set and Dresden takes the match to tiebreak....

Indeed, it's being a very good match. Stuttgart is a great team to watch as spectator.

• And the Champion is DRESDEN :cup:

The tie-break was just as spectacular as the whole match, Dresden from 10:12 to 15:12. Today their "bench players" Dijkema and Marcelle made the difference in the end and that is what Stuttgart is still missing...

• Congratulations down the river :flower:

Too bad, Stuttgarts setter lost a bit her head during the last points......

• Dresdner won fifth set and it's the champion. Congratulations to them.

Bad receptions in the final points of final set sentenced Stuttgart. It won't be fourth match, it's a pity, Stuttgart deserved another match in this play off at least.

• Anja Brandt to stay two more seasons in Schwerin.

More news from Schwerin: the return of Denise Hanke becomes quite probable, Denise Imoudu might go on loan to another team where she can be starting setter to gain more experience. Laura Weihenmaier wants to leave despite having a contract for next season because she was not satisfied with her amount of playing time (which I can't understand :what: ), Saskia Hippe, Jana-Franziska Poll and Carina Aulenbrock also will leave. Schwerin wants to keep Lonneke Sloetjes and Yvon Belien but both are currently checking offers from all over Europe with their agent.

Looks like a lot of things will change in Schwerin...and I don't think it will be good for them. They did not really play a bad season after all, if they had kept the current team together and made just a few changes they could have reached good results next season, but if they have to start from zero again it will be hard :whistle:

• Michelle Bartsch stays in Dresden, but Shanice Marcelle decided to leave. Also Juliane Langgemach seems to leave, she wants to start studying besides playing Volleyball and wants to play in a team where she can have more playing time. Molly Kreklow and Cursty Jackson also are unlikely to return...
    Lisa Izquierdo, Katharina Schwabe, Louisa Lippmann, Myrthe Schoot and Lisa Stock also are under contract for next season.

• News from Wiesbaden:
    -Swiss NT-Player Elena Steinemann renewed her contract with VCW
    -Karine Muijlwijk leaves Wiesbaden and moves to Hamburg to live with her Boyfriend. She also will not play for the NT anymore. I guess she will end up playing Aurubis...

• After refusing to play European Cups for financial reasons for the last few years, VC Wiesbaden will finally play in CEV Cup next season thanks to increased financial support from one of their main sponsors. They also renewed the contract with Iveta Halbichova as 2nd setter besides Kaisa Alanko.

• Matthias, Could you possibly tell me how the czech players in German league played this season? I know that Bednarova got rid of(I might be wrong..). How did Kvapilová, Sajdova, Stankova and Svobodníková play? I don't think they will be starters in Czech NT except Sajdova, but I'm kinda curious how they spent their season.

• Bednarova's level dropped a lot in the last years, this season she was weak in all elements, even reception which used to be her strength. She still was the emotional leader of her team but purely in terms of performance she wasn't good.
    Kvapilova was very good in the first half of the season, later she couldn't keep the level, also because opponents prepared better for her. She played most matches as OPP even though she originally is OH, overall she was among the top scorers of the league, actually I think even top scorer of regular season.
    Sajdova was ok, for sure one of Vilsbiburg's better players, but not spectacular.
    Stankova barely played so I don't think she can do anything in NT.
    Svobodnikova was very good before her injury, both in attack and block, if she can get back to that level she can be starter in NT IMO.

• Thanks! :drink: Sad to hear about Bednarova, hopefully she gets to be in good shape again this year, she's basically the czech version of Heike Beier or Brizitka Molnar :D

• Looks like the chances for Stuttgart to get the necessary money to play in CL are quite good now, their main sponsors have given positive signals and there could also be other sources of money.
    Alessandra Jovy-Heusser and Martina Malevic will leave the team, Tamari Miyashiro will discuss her options with Karch Kiraly and then decide, but basically she would like to stay.

• Looks like the chances for Stuttgart to get the necessary money to play in CL are quite good now, their main sponsors have given positive signals and there could also be other sources of money.
    Alessandra Jovy-Heusser and Martina Malevic will leave the team, Tamari Miyashiro will discuss her options with Karch Kiraly and then decide, but basically she would like to stay.

Martina Malevic was big lost of money..She didn't help...Where she will play next season after bad one