Italy - SuperLega Unipol Sai 2014-2015

• What a game of Modena Volley against Latina! :white: :white: :white:
    Simply unstoppable!
    Incredible game of Kovacevic, Bruno and Vettori. And Latina is a good team but it was destroyed. :obey:

Wrong OH choice by the coach of Latina also helped.

• Wrong OH choice by the coach of Latina also helped.

Starovic was replaced at the end of the second set because he could not put a ball on the ground. :D

• The spikers are interdependant. Remove sideout and OPP suffers. BTW, Trento is in top 3 before the big game with the best team so far - Modena. Matey with 20 succcesful serves and 3 aces was used as a servicing machine, while Lanza carried the load of two players in reception and attack.

• He wanted to compensate for his poor attack :D

• Modena won its 8th game for 3-0 against Latina yesterday, just like Panini Modena led by Velasco in 1985/86. If they'll win also next game for 3-0 they will reach the same result Trento had in 2010/11!

• Modena won its 8th game for 3-0 against Latina yesterday, just like Panini Modena led by Velasco in 1985/86. If they'll win also next game for 3-0 they will reach the same result Trento had in 2010/11!

Next game is with Trento. I hope they won't do it.

• I have a question for Italian users or someone else who has more information. What was the reason for Lube to change their name (and location probably) to Treia? I translated an Italian article and it said it had to do with the sports hall's seats requirement, but it was a very bad translation from Google. First of all, Palasport Fontescodella is in Macerata, right? If it is true that it doesn't have the necessary minimal number of seats for play-offs (it is said to be OK for the regular season and, obviously, for the Champions League), then how come they still play there, but have a different name now? Also, volleyball.it published a picture recently from an almost ready brand new sports hall that is supposed, as far as I understood, to be used by Lube. Where is it and is it true?

• so...
    Lube was born in Treia, which is a really small town in the province of Macerata.
    When they reached the Serie A1 for the first time, in 1995, they moved to Macerata, the capital of the province, because Fontescodella was a better field to play.
    Better yes, but not enough as you said, to play playoffs. Macerata every time had to move to other arenas in Marche region(Ancona, Osimo, Pesaro and so on) to play semifinals or finals.
    So, after 20 years, they decided to build a brand new hall in Civitanova Marche, a city still in Macerata's province, about 30 km far.
    The plan was to play there since the beginning of this season, but, as often in Italy, there was a delay in the works, and the hall will be ready on February 2015.
    Lube decided to play the first part of the season still in Macerata, at Fontescodella, but returning to their origins, changing the name in that Treia which as you understood is the town where all the history of the club began, and where the main sponsor Lube has the headquarter.

Hope it's all clear ;)

• Yes, perfectly clear now, it makes sense! Thank you very much :)

• I told you many times: I can't see Modena winning the Italy Cup or the championship... On the long run Treia will rule domestic competitions, while Perugia has more chances in Europe to make some surprise...

• This is so frustrating. Kurek had a fairly good match (both performance and stat numbers) but the team lost...

It doesn't make sense to me.

Also who does the ratings on the stats? However every one of the home team (losing team) has higher votes than the guest team?

• Trento won vs Perugia, Macerata and Modena... Their record is safe.

• This is so frustrating. Kurek had a fairly good match (both performance and stat numbers) but the team lost...

It doesn't make sense to me.

Also who does the ratings on the stats? However every one of the home team (losing team) has higher votes than the guest team?

Playing with Kurek means less balls to the MBs and this is the reasult. Treia should try Paparoni in his old position as OH. They can't go on this way: Kovar plays like a monster a game and the following one he is the worst player from his team; Kurek, even when he is does well his spiking job, kills the MBs' game by passing. 7% perfect passing is a nightmare and he's helped a lot by Baranowicz, who can run his MBs even with bad reception...

Supporters from Treia are right when they say the polish guy is useless for the team and there isn't any real back up for the OHs...

• Modena was verry poor in reception so MBs had no more chance to attack
    while effective blocking generated so many advandtage for Trento.

Congrate to Trento !!! :drink:

• Playing with Kurek means less balls to the MBs and this is the reasult. Treia should try Paparoni in his old position as OH. They can't go on this way: Kovar plays like a monster a game and the following one he is the worst player from his team; Kurek, even when he is does well his spiking job, kills the MBs' game by passing. 7% perfect passing is a nightmare and he's helped a lot by Baranowicz, who can run his MBs even with bad reception...

Supporters from Treia are right when they say the polish guy is useless for the team and there isn't any real back up for the OHs...

Don't want to contradict you man, but I don't think Kurek was a problem today. Sure, his passing skills are rather weak and today was no exception. However:
    -he received only 15 out of 85 balls and Macerata's total perfect passing was better than their average this season
    -Both Podrascanin and Stankovic attacked pretty much the same number of balls they usually do.

I agree with you when you say Kurek has been disappointing thus far, but I don't think he was responsible for any bad today attacking with 62% while the whole team missed 28 (28!!) serves. That is definitely Macerata's weak link, they will need to work a ton on that.

• About Modena, I'm quite disappointed. I knew that against Trento you can lose, but I did not expect such a bad defeat. The match was the first exit examination for us and we've failed it. Anyway, I hope it's just a case.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Don't want to contradict you man, but I don't think Kurek was a problem today. Sure, his passing skills are rather weak and today was no exception. However:
    -he received only 15 out of 85 balls and Macerata's total perfect passing was better than their average this season
    -Both Podrascanin and Stankovic attacked pretty much the same number of balls they usually do.

I agree with you when you say Kurek has been disappointing thus far, but I don't think he was responsible for any bad today attacking with 62% while the whole team missed 28 (28!!) serves. That is definitely Macerata's weak link, they will need to work a ton on that.

I express myself in a very bad way. I wasn't blaming Kurek for yesterday's lose, but telling that generally he's not the player Treia needs on court, considering the kind of team they are (strongest MB couple of the world). Treia needs a good passer who can also kill the ball when its needed. Kovar is not that player right now, with his up and downs... And still Kurek is useless for Treia. And I agree about weakness of service, but the real weak link right now is the coach, with his bloody decisions... :white: