2018 FIVB World Championship - Japan

• Kenya is doing decent as well btw suprisingly so far...

I saw Cameroon match also, they jump really high, have a bunch of great spikers. I like them.

South Korea is playing good level, I'm watching Korea vs Thailand rn

• Where could we re-watch missed matches? I would like to see a few, I do not see the option at sportdeutschland.tv ...

Sportdeutschland will have them, but so far none of today's earlier matches have been uploaded yet.

Korea and Thailand are delivering a lot of long rallies, but in the end it's almost always Korea winning them, so the score is more one-sided than the match looks while watching...

• I'm undecided on Japan's new uniforms but Nagaoka's new hair style is a big winner.

• ARG isn't the toughest competition (bummer to play the host on opening day), but Japan is blocking, pipe attacking, serving, and playing defense. Color me impressed. Ai Kurogo doesn't look like a kid any more.

• Now tie-break, it is impossible to predict the outcome, because of the huge fluctuations in performance of both sides - let's hope, it is interesting and not too unbalanced.

• KYK is definitely not in the best form of her carreer but she can deliver at crunch time, problem with South Korea is that you can simply feel that the setter does not trust more then 1 player as a reliable hitter and rightfully so. Was rooting for South Korea but congrats Thailand!

• Congratulations to Thailand, they prevail not often against South Korea, especially not, when Kim Yeon-Koung is on court, but her attack points couldn't turn the tie-break at the end.

• The big tournament favourites won all today their matches, the biggest surprise may have been this upset of South Korea by Thailand, and both African teams did well, considering, that Argentina had two reinforcements compared to VNL, but Kenya was stronger than in the past today, not only Cameroon.

• After reading the statistics from Germany vs. Netherlands, the key difference were way too many errors by German NT compared to Netherlands. I had no time to watch it live, but could follow the live ticker/score at least and there is no doubt, that they delivered a great fight - all knew before, that it would be an uphill battle for Germany against the Netherlands.

• At the recent concluded Asian games, this same Thai girls beat both Japan and Korea to play in the finals vs China. They didn't win, but silver was nice against world #1 team with their A team.

So far I know, Kim Yeon-Koung was not there, was she?