2015 FIVB World League

• the truth is that there exactly ZERO good reason and explanation of Leon to play for Poland. If he needs Polish (EU) pasport - I have nothing agains it, because we clearly have to help these guys, as some other country used to help us, BUT Leon has nothing to do with Poland. Polish girlfriend is not enough

I hope all this fuss is just to give him passport and him playing for Poland will never happen (or better - will not happen until he is a bit... "more Polish"

this would make Polish volleyball look ridiculous (and would probably start such a process in other teams), and I wouldn't probably be able to support them as much as I do right now. The more that Poland REALLY doesn't need it. We don't have any problem with OH in Poland AND we have 5-6 extremely talented boys waiting in line for this possision (starting with Szalpuk and Śliwka, to end with Kwolek and Fornal)

I really wish Leon good luck and I completely understand that he wants to play for some NT to have possibility to win WC or OG medal, but this is NOT club tournament where players can choose team for which they play. If he marries this Polish girl and have a son and the kid grows up here, in Poland, or her mum puts some effort in raising him as at least half-Polish - I would GLADLY welcome him in Polish NT team, support him and listen to his amazing father in Polsat studio as an expert.

but right now - Leon in NT? No! And this is not only my opinion. Polish players and huge part of Polish fans say the same

• Huge part of Polish fans is those 80% fans of every voting under articles for "yes" about this topic whether you want to see Leon in Polish jersey? Huge part of Polish players is retired ignaczak?

• I am nót Polish, just a fan of your team. However, I do nót like a player who plays for 2 countries. I supposed thát when Poland faces to Cuba in Olympic, when lining for singning anthem, which song will he sing !? Yeah, Ít's nót my stuff, just a piece of my oppion :D With the picture above, I think he will join the NT soon.

• Huge part of Polish fans is those 80% fans of every voting under articles for "yes" about this topic whether you want to see Leon in Polish jersey? Huge part of Polish players is retired ignaczak?

I haven't say "majority", but huge part, you would know that if you read something else than onet forum. And this "retired Ignaczak" has contact with every single one of player in NT, so I think his opinion matters.

besides, if you're so happy about it - if nationality doesn't really matter when it comes to NT, why would even bother to play these kind of competition at all??? Lets just play in clubs entire year :down:

• Not underrating their performance but just check their opponents. None of them belongs even to group 2. Canada is not worse than France but had the misfortune to be in much tougher group so will miss the F4.

I agree with rugby here. France is a great team, no question about it, but the score in their group could be scrutinized further as they played against weaker teams. We'll see about that French team when they come to Bulgaria next week. Also, do not send the Canadians home just yet. Bulgaria is capable of beating Argentina twice. Canada was unlucky with that faulty ref's action in Argentina and at some point set higher priority on other tournaments because they didn't use their full squad in all WL matches. I wrote after the second week that Canada should have no problems to reach the Div. II finals with this game and they surely wouldn't need to wait till the last round had they used all key players in the last weeks.

On the other side, I am extremely glad no one mentions Bulgaria as a team that can return to Division I. Surprisingly, people ignore even the fact that we host the tournament next weekend. We've had great results as underdogs, so I wish it stays the same and everyone focuses on France :)

• I haven't say "majority", but huge part, you would know that if you read something else than onet forum. And this "retired Ignaczak" has contact with every single one of player in NT, so I think his opinion matters.

besides, if you're so happy about it - if nationality doesn't really matter when it comes to NT, why would even bother to play these kind of competition at all??? Lets just play in clubs entire year :down:

Ignaczak was always good at everything what was unnecesary, not to mention about drinking and two times out by coaches. Unfortunately he is not right person who should choose what is the best for NT. Furthermore he is not NT player and only nowdays players' voice is important. We have voice of Drzyzga, voice of Jarosz so far and both are for "yes".

• Ignaczak was always good at everything what was unnecesary, not to mention about drinking and two times out by coaches. Unfortunately he is not right person who should choose what is the best for NT. Furthermore he is not NT player and only nowdays players' voice is important. We have voice of Drzyzga, voice of Jarosz so far and both are for "yes".

LOL, so now we pull out stuff from the history (TEN years ago) to prove the point? :lol: Ignaczak is one of the best libero in Polish history and we actually don't know if he won't come back for OG, so yes, his opinion matter, no matter if you agree with it or not...

and you still didn't answer my question, what is the one good reason for Leon to play for Poland, because the one with him sleeping with Polish girl is clearly ridiculous. If Kurek starts to date girl from Russia, he should play for Russia???

coming back to WL. I really hope we will see Szalpuk in today match. That would be perfect debut for him - with such a strong opponent and in the hall full of Polish crowd. You could see how moved he was during anthem yesterday :heart: (BTW anthem Leon cannot even sing) This is not really important match, so he could play with less presure (and you just know that he will be nervous anyway, so let;s just get over it)

• I agree with rugby here. France is a great team, no question about it, but the score in their group could be scrutinized further as they played against weaker teams. We'll see about that French team when they come to Bulgaria next week. Also, do not send the Canadians home just yet. Bulgaria is capable of beating Argentina twice. Canada was unlucky with that faulty ref's action in Argentina and at some point set higher priority on other tournaments because they didn't use their full squad in all WL matches. I wrote after the second week that Canada should have no problems to reach the Div. II finals with this game and they surely wouldn't need to wait till the last round had they used all key players in the last weeks.

On the other side, I am extremely glad no one mentions Bulgaria as a team that can return to Division I. Surprisingly, people ignore even the fact that we host the tournament next weekend. We've had great results as underdogs, so I wish it stays the same and everyone focuses on France :)

EDIT Everybody and their dogs know that they should be one of the best team in the world, but then decisive moment comes, Rouzier gets green with nervousness and it all goes to shit. I honestly think this French fuss is about everybody being tired of them being "almost" there, so we are like "oh for God sake, win sth already". I like them, because they remind me of what Polish team used to be.

also - they are still in second division just because one match and everyone agree, that France would most probably do better than Australia this year.

but I agree, that Bulgaria has a pretty good chance too, especially at home (on the other hand, do I remember correctly that it was Bulgaria that once had actual problem with playing home and it wasn't helping them at all? Or it wasn't Bulgaria, I don't remember)

• Alright, it sounds like a solid player is about to join a solid team! Admirable.

He is not Polish, but he can become more and more Polish, if things do happen.

• LOL, so now we pull out stuff from the history (TEN years ago) to prove the point? :lol: Ignaczak is one of the best libero in Polish history and we actually don't know if he won't come back for OG, so yes, his opinion matter, not matter if you agree with it or not...

and you still don't answer my question, what is the one good reason for Leon to play for Poland, because the one with him sleeping with Polish girl is clearly ridiculous. If Kurek starts to date girl from Russia, he should play for Russia???

coming back to WL. I really hope we will see Szalpuk in today match. That would be perfect debut for him - with such a strong opponent and in the hall full of Polish crowd. You could see how moved he was during anthem yesterday :heart: (BTW anthem Leon cannot even sing) This is not really important match, so he could play with less presure (and you just know that he will be nervous anyway, so let;s just get over it)

Not ten years, as I sad two times. Anastasi had to throw out him too but that matter was without noise. There appeared one article about Anastasi, drinking and him in 2013 and it disappeared, Anastasi got confused. Ignaczak is not the best Polish libero and has no chances to come back with looking at Zatorski and Wojtaszek just because of age and not only. Maybe it's good I mentioned this, it's high time to stop treat some people like holly cows who don't deserve on that. He has no influence on what our federation wants to do or what our nowdays players think about it. He is not a player who will work with Leon, deal with it. Leon is a Cuban player who has no chance for normal working with the best team mates, he just wanna find new home. You're so behind the times and it's high time to end this topic. Maybe write letter to our president of federation with all your complaints.

• Alright, it sounds like a solid player is about to join a solid team! Admirable.

He is not Polish, but he can become more and more Polish, if things do happen.

If Leon was only solid our NT wouldn't be interested. Leon is a Messi of volleyball who is gonna dominate all volleyball world. He's not Achrem, he's not Gladyr, he's not Tichacek or any other naturalized Polish average player.

• I think it's because France is such a idiotic team :lol: Everybody and their dogs know that they should be one of the best team in the world, but then decisive moment comes, Rouzier gets green with nervousness and it all goes to shit. I honestly think this French fuss is about everybody being tired of them being "almost" there, so we are like "oh for God sake, win sth already". I like them, because they remind me of what Polish team used to be.

also - they are still in second division just because one match and everyone agree, that France would most probably do better than Australia this year.

but I agree, that Bulgaria has a pretty good chance too, especially at home (on the other hand, do I remember correctly that it was Bulgaria that once had actual problem with playing home and it wasn't helping them at all? Or it wasn't Bulgaria, I don't remember)

Aside from the fact that your opinions regarding Leon are anachronistic in the globalization Era (of course he has to marry a Polish girl and wait 2,3 years, but after that he deserves to play, why not?), I actually don't understand why you express your concepts about France by using dirty words. That's disrespectful. Would you like if I start to call Polish team of 80s and 90s a "shitty" team (sorry) because it was very weak? We all can criticize everybody and every teams, but we should bring respect in my opinion.

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• If Leon was only solid our NT wouldn't be interested. Leon is a Messi of volleyball who is gonna dominate all volleyball world. He's not Achrem, he's not Gladyr, he's not Tichacek or any other naturalized Polish average player.

let's just take all the best players in the world. We can give EU passport to Leon, maybe we can give something to Lucas and Anderson too? Pretty girlfriends? Beach house? That would be great :obey: :obey: And we wouldn't have to deal with Nowakowski anymore. That's good enough reason

you're right, it's me, who is an idiot here. As Katar in the last handball championship has shown, we can take whoever we wants until he is good enough for us and we have enough to offer. "National" in "national team" is only there for fun

• Aside from the fact that your opinions regarding Leon are anachronistic in the globalization Era (of course he has to marry a Polish girl and wait 2,3 years, but after that he deserves to play, why not?), I actually don't understand why do you express your concepts about France by using dirty words. That's disrespectful. Would like if I start to call Polish team of 80s and 90s a "shitty" team (sorry) because it was very weak? We all can criticize everybody and every teams, but we should bring respect in my opinion.

I'm sorry for her, Mamdani and all volleyball forum users, it's provocative account, I doubt she is Polish and we have no proofs she is. As I said about 80% of voting whether you want Leon said yes so we shouldn't care.
    France is a great team and I doubt Polish fan would say like this about a team from country that comes coaches of our NT Antiga&Blain and half of French NT players in our domestic league.

• Aside from the fact that your opinions regarding Leon are anachronistic in the globalization Era (of course he has to marry a Polish girl and wait 2,3 years, but after that he deserves to play, why not?)

right now, Leon has absolutely nothing in common with Poland. He doesn't live here, he doesn't have family here, he doesn't work here, he doesn't pay taxes here, he doesn't speak Polish at all and his passport application is alrwady on President's table ready to be signed. Why? Because he dates Polish girl and has been living here for two months? You reallt think I'm anachronistic for not agreeing with that? If so, I can be anachronistic thank you very much.

I never say that he should never play for Poland. I said that he should not play for Poland if his only connection to Poland is his manager. If he marries Polish girl, his kids go to Polish school, he learns Polish, lives in Poland - I have nothing against is. Otherwise - LET'S JUST CANCEL NATIONAL TOURNAMENTS, because the very concept of nation i's anachronistic

I actually don't understand why do you express your concepts about
    France by using dirty words. That's disrespectful. Would you like if I
    start to call Polish team of 80s and 90s a "shitty" team (sorry) because
    it was very weak? We all can criticize everybody and every teams, but
    we should bring respect in my opinion.

sorry, this is not what I meant at all. The only "dirty" word I used was "idiotic" and it wasn't mean to be mean at all. Actually I call Polish NT "these idiots" all the time, it's said with affection :wavy: Because it's a bit idiotic, that France always looses in important matches, it has to be extremely frustrating and I suppose "idiotic" is the lightest word that French fans use after such a defeats. I love French team and I wish them all the good luck.

• I'm sorry for her, Mamdani and all volleyball forum users, it's provocative account, I doubt she is Polish and we have no proofs she is. As I said about 80% of voting whether you want Leon said yes so we shouldn't care.
    France is a great team and I doubt Polish fan would say like this about a team from country that comes coaches of our NT Antiga&Blain and half of French NT players in our domestic league.

yes, because saying that France should have been among the best teams in the world for years right now and they are not only because of their repeated, unexplained, idiotic defeats in important matches is extremely offensive :aww: :lol:

is there any French here? You really feel offended? :lol:

• Leon is living in Poland from 2012 after failed Olympics qualification with Cuban NT. He is grateful to Polish guy who helped him in difficult time. Cuba has difficult situation like no other country, such stupid comparisons shouldn't have a place.

• Regarding Leon. I think you're strict Majka. I agree regarding the marriage, but after 2 or 3 years for me it's ok, the kids and the home in Poland are not so relevant.
    Regarding France. You used also the word "shit" even if not exactly as an insult against France, anyway we are not in a pub in which we drink beer together and talk about sport, therefore it's disturbing to write dirty words like that. By the way, everything it's ok pal :drink:

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Regarding France. You used also the word "shit" even if not exactly as an insult against France, anyway we are not in pub in which we drink beer together and talk about sport, therefore it's disturbing to write dirty words like that. By the way, everything it's ok pal :drink:

this was not an insult at all, I hope it was clear. I love France, and it's the last team I would ever offend.

Regarding Leon. I think you're strict Majka. I agree regarding the
    marriage, but after 2 or 3 years for me it's ok, the kids and the home
    in Poland are not so relevant.

the problem here is that Leon is getting citizenship even without mariage. Also without living here (he does not live in Poland, otherwise he would have extremely long way for work, you guys), without family, without knowledge of Polish language, culture, tradition. Application is already on President's table for no good reason.

and I would be even ok with Leon getting Polish passport because we should give these guys all the help we can (including EU passport and all law facilities), but national team is "national" for reason and he should not play in it until he feels somehow connected with Poland. And talking about his great "emotional connection with Poland' is simply ridiculous right now.

in spite of what my Polish friend says here, Polish fans are not so much happy about it, majority of Polish volleybal forums is rather against it. Well, at least I'm not hypocrite like some Polish who were protesting against Juanto in Italy NT, but are all for Leon in ours, while Leon's situation connot even compare with Juanto's.

Anyway, there's absolutely no way for Leon to play for Poland in Rio, because it's FIVB decision and there's absolutely no way Brasilians and Italians agree with Leon-Kurek-Mika in one team for Olympic if it's not theirs:lol:

• Of course you means all people.
    http://sport.wp.pl/kat,33554,t…d,16669372,wiadomosc.html
    Look under article. 80% for yes in voting, also there are many, many others similar voting of even 1000 people. Internet forums are also not a reason whether we see Leon or not. Leon is just ours. If you don't accept this start to support other NT. Don't call me your friend, you are so shameful without respect to anyone. Lack of forbearance and tolerance. Russians offered him 1 mln euro to get Russian passport and he refused.