2015 Montreux Volley Masters - Montreux / Switzerland - 5/26

• He took Malkova out??
    MBs should be Malkova and Zaryazhko...

• Nikoaleva 0/9 and still inside the court

• Last point: ace on Nikolaeva.
    Really, this coach is insane

• I expected Russia to do better than that, but playing 4 very hard fought sets late yesterday evening left traces. At this stage of the summer Japan's technical superiority (which means few errors) brings them victories, but I think as soon as other teams become physically and tactically better, Japan won't be all that impressive.

• Last point: ace on Nikolaeva.
    Really, this coach is insane

Montreux is for trying players and not mainly for winning games. It's one of the few opportunities to see all players on the court because there are many players that are significantly better in matches than in training and vice versa. Montreux is for getting more insights and to draw conclusions, and I'm sure Pankov (or rather Marichev) will do that.

• I find her VERY lazy. But if Dianskaya is going to join team A, then that's okay for me

Dianskaya is NOT on team A, don't know why.. Maybe she refused, however IMO they need her since Nastya S. is coming all year from injuries, Lyubushkina is just a good slider, Fetisova is just a great blocker, Orlova is also a good blocker.. So have no idea why Dianskaya is not there, she is a good blocker, and an attacker too.. she can run a slide and a simple middle attack

• my opinion on Japan -Turkey final..

Japan has best offence organizatison in Montreaux indeed. the duties are clear in the team and everybody know what to do very well..they are fast and playing with few mistakes..their players have good court-visison and know where to send the ball on the court..know how to use opponents' blocks

having tall and strong players is not an advantage if you are not persistent ,consistent and patient enough!

so players like Neriman and Gözde should be persistent and patient... japans can defend your toughest spikes back to back, you shouldnt give up being patient and persistent

they with their defence try to distrupt your order/team-plan..

we have to serve really well to avoid japanese fast sets...even with good serves they are still fast comparing to many teams
    what is important to struggle and not give up...Japan is the fav.

• Japan are training together much earlier than all these teams.. Their league finished pretty early so no wonder they are playing good.. other teams are figuring themselves out.. I am sure they would put Saori on court though

• Dianskaya is NOT on team A, don't know why.. Maybe she refused, however IMO they need her since Nastya S. is coming all year from injuries, Lyubushkina is just a good slider, Fetisova is just a great blocker, Orlova is also a good blocker.. So have no idea why Dianskaya is not there, she is a good blocker, and an attacker too.. she can run a slide and a simple middle attack

she is short middle in russian standards maybe