2015 FIVB Club World Championship - Zurich / Switzerland - 5/5

• What a weird thing to ask. :what: There's absolutely no talk about a possible retirement for Juciely.

actually there was a rumor that she would want to get pregnant this year, so she would stop playing, but Bernardo must have asked her to stay for more time

• Was an exciting game, a lot of long rallies. Imo the difference was made by the middles... Rexona got almost every slide ball trough. I liked Grbacs setting better than Thompsons, it had more variarions in speed and balls. But Thompsons defense skills are awesome! So hard decision as a coach ;)

Yes I'm suprised by Grbac because She didn't play that good in NT...She has very smart sets and a lot of variations very interesting to watched but before She was making a lot stupied mistakes but in Volero She is playing very good ..doesn't She ?

• In Poland we still have our grandma - Magdalena Śliwa on courts :D she's 45 years old (turn 46 in November), few months older than Fofao :wavy:
    in Piła Irina Archangielska is still in team, but she's rarely playing, she'll be 50 this year...

Magdalena Sliwa would want Irina Archangielska to be in her team to feel better :lol:

• Yes I'm suprised by Grbac because She didn't play that good in NT...She has very smart sets and a lot of variations very interesting to watched but before She was making a lot stupied mistakes but in Volero She is playing very good ..doesn't She ?

Smart is the right word. Whereas Thompsons played a lot of high balls on the outside positions Grbac used more quick balls and variation. But Olessia hitting you can give the block as much time to position as they want and she still gets trough enough :) I can understand that the coach plays with CT because she is badass in defense. Voleros players are better in hitting than in defense and there Thompson comes in being quick and agile and getting up a lot of balls.

Sidenote to the game: In the second set, when Rexona almost had it Granvorka came in and served very well and got Volero back in the game. Why I note that? For once a swiss player "saved" Volero Zurich even though they lost the set in the end. :thumbsup:

• Well Courtney maybe didn't SET so well yesterday, and Grnac was better but it's foolish to compare those two. Grbac is a pretty boring setter, who sometimes has some great moments, but overall she has a simple game.. She does set the middles, but nothing great. Thompson is the second setter of the US NT and has beaten Alisha for London and now Carli, Hugglund Kreklow.. She sets pretty quick, clean balls and is prettycreative.. The thing in Volero is this season Mammadova is not scoring as she should and in transituon her safest option is Olessia and sometimes Rabadzieva and Ninkovic.. so however they are playing right now i think those 2 are on a different level and CT is not chosen for her defensive skills but her setting

• Well Courtney maybe didn't SET so well yesterday, and Grnac was better but it's foolish to compare those two. Grbac is a pretty boring setter, who sometimes has some great moments, but overall she has a simple game.. She does set the middles, but nothing great. Thompson is the second setter of the US NT and has beaten Alisha for London and now Carli, Hugglund Kreklow.. She sets pretty quick, clean balls and is prettycreative.. The thing in Volero is this season Mammadova is not scoring as she should and in transituon her safest option is Olessia and sometimes Rabadzieva and Ninkovic.. so however they are playing right now i think those 2 are on a different level and CT is not chosen for her defensive skills but her setting

Courtney T is better setter than Grbac but You can't say that Grbac is boring setter and I don't know did you watched game yesterday but She sets a lot of balls to MB and they were good but before her balls to MB were awfull.. And that balls were very fast...but overall Courtney is better but sometimes Grbac can help

• i think european teams play better against each other bcz thier styles are similar etc...but japanese/asian and southamerican teams have different styles ,and vice versa .

Krasnodar against Hisamistu can play better than expected or have difficulty like EcV did...
    they have to win the match 3-0 or 3-1

• Courtney T is better setter than Grbac but You can't say that Grbac is boring setter and I don't know did you watched game yesterday but She sets a lot of balls to MB and they were good but before her balls to MB were awfull.. And that balls were very fast...but overall Courtney is better but sometimes Grbac can help

I did watch and I said I wasn't talking about a certain game but overall. If the comments about Cortney being chosen for her defense are about yesterday, then okay. I was talking generally

• Of course CT is a world class setter ( way better than Grbac) and probably Rychluk also wants these high balls. Often the super tall players are not as fast as the smaller and some extra milliseconds may come in handy.
    It can also be that Rexona was prepared for her setting style and not so for Grbacs so that when she played it seemed more effectice.

Sometimes when we compare one player to another or make critics we seem to forget that they are all world class players ;)

• 2x0 for Rexona and they guarantee the 1st place

• So any Semifinals can be placed still.

If Hisamitsu win we will have:
    Rexona-Ades x Eczacibasi VitrA
    Hisamitsu Springs x Volero Zurich

If Krasnodar wins 3x0/3x1 we will have:
    Rexona-Ades x Dinamo Krasnodar
    Eczacibasi VitrA x Volero Zurich

And If Krasnodar wins 3x2:
    Rexona-Ades x Hisamitsu Springs
    Eczacibasi VitrA x Volero Zurich

• Krasno's reception :aww: 7 points in a row. Well done.

• I'm so embarassed for this team...

• Go Hisamitsu SPRINGS! Japan team like kamikaze. I hope they not lose match. otherwise they look as ready to hara-kiri.