2016 CEV DenizBank Champions League

• It seems Gamova won't play the match. It seems like she's not there at all.

After Gazprom, another russian team plays a euro final without one of its star players.

Dinamo Kazan assistent coach said he has no idea where Gamova could be to the italian television. :white:

• It seems Gamova won't play the match. It seems like she's not there at all.

After Gazprom, another russian team plays a euro final without one of its star players.

Dinamo Kazan assistent coach said he has no idea where Gamova could be to the italian television. :white:

:what: :white:

THAT is mysterious. She is on the match roster on CEV site...so she is eligible for doping tests, no matter where she is. But if even the assistant coach says he has no idea where she is, that is weird. If they were to hide anything they would say she is in the hotel being sick or something like that...

• Guidetti has to be smiling after getting this kind of performance from Kim Hill in the biggest match of the year. Super solid stat line and very big at the end of each set till she netted at 24-22. Nice to see her silence some of her critics. Hopefully she starts tomorrow and delivers one more solid game and adds another huge medal to her WC MVP gold. Big game performance is what it's all about and it's the maker and breaker of reputations.

• Maybe another doping alert?

• all successes in russia sports history are in the shadow of doping . but they always have a lie.

• Possible reasons:

(I) Meldonium. Then the question is, why did they not miss any games in Russian league? Are there no controls about meldonium in Russia? It's weird how Russian teams come to play Euro Cups finals without stars...

(II) Kazan not paying them. Not very likely I think, one would rather expect the foreigners to not play then.

(III) Kazan thinking they can beat Pomi also without them and preparing some "surprise" for the final. Not very likely either.

(IV) Illness/injury. If it were that, why don't they just say it?

(V) Political reasons. Always a possibilty...

• Hopefully Lina will talk with the tv after the match. Maybe she can say something if it's nothing serious, but I have the feeling this is not the case. Anyway there's a lot of talking about her retiremente next summer, so I expect her to be talking with tv.

Stoljarova is so far the best player for her team.

Picci and Lina are so classy. :rose:

• Honestly, I still have trouble accepting Meldonium as doping, there is no proof it increases performance, but anyway, Its is prohibid now...but If it was doping the case why the hell they would even travel to Italy? It makes no sense...

• Kabeshova used to be a decent passer. What's wrong with her? Same as Kryuchkova, her level dropped a lot. Kazan has 3 NT liberos and noone of them is actually solid. Stoljarova and Lina against Casalmaggiore. I hope thw pinks may end this quickly, so they can save energies for VakifBank, which won 3-0, but struggles along the match.

• Of course that is this doubt now of how long it takes for this Meldonium substance to leave the body, some scientists say it could take months....so maybe they didnt wanna risk the Nt players in an international competition....though I dont see the point in them flying t Italy then...

Anyway, I think it should be reviewed this Meldonium doping honestly....I know Russia has many cases of doping, but this seems just political thing, not really a scientifical thing. Its like cafeine, imagine if from one day to another they prohibid cafeine....imagine how many athletes would get caugh...

• IMO Vasileva is developing a lot in Kazan.