Germany - VBL Bundesliga 2015/16

• Denise is definitively a good transfer, but I am not sure about Davide Carli. He has no experience as head coach.

He would never gain experience if there wasn't a club who gives him the chance ;)

Meanwhile, today 19.30 CET live on http://www.vbl.tv (TV production), the 2nd final match Stuttgart vs Dresden. With Stuttgart having had a full week to prepare this time and the shame of the 1st match in their necks, I am sure it will be a more competitive match than last week :super:

• Kaja Grobelna has been amazing in this second set

• Until the middle of 3rd set Stuttgart looked like the sure winner, then their level dropped a bit and Dresden finally started to play the way they can. If Stuttgart can't get back to their level from the first two sets then this is far from over.

• What exciting end of match...

I guess for how well Stuttgart played half the game, It was a deserved winning for them....it would be terible for them if they lost this match after such great start. Congrats Stuttgart.

I've always supported Dresden in Germany, and I still do but this Stuttgart team for some reason, I really like them...

• Good for Stuttgart. I only saw the last 2 sets. Up by 3 and losing it Dijkema had bad choices on her setting. Setting your middle so close to the net with a good blocker in front of her, and twice in a row. Then her second outside hitter who just wasn't coming through.

Is this a best out of 3? Dresden won last week.

• Stuttgart - Dresden 3:2 (25:17 25:20 22:25 23:25 16:14)
    http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2015-16/Women/&2525.pdf
    MVP: Kaja Grobelna (26 pts) / Katharina Schwabe

What a crazy match :white: 2.5 superb sets from Stuttgart, chances to win 3:0, chances to win 3:1, but Dresden refusing to give up. Bartsch and Mikhailenko played very well since 3rd set but it wasn't enough. In tie-break Dresden was leading 3 pts all the time until 14:11, then Mlejnkova kept her nerves on serve and Stuttgart with an incredible will to win and fighting spirit (and some help from Dresden) turned the game around and ensured a 4th match next Saturday, then probably in a bigger hall in Stuttgart because today's match was sold out within 3 hours :white:

3rd match in Dresden on Wednesday.

• I've always supported Dresden in Germany, and I still do but this Stuttgart team for some reason, I really like them...

I think it's impossible not to like this Stuttgart team, they always show such a great attitude and fighting spirit. Having players like Renkema, Thomsen and Lindow who will not accept losing before the last point is played surely helps.

Is this a best out of 3? Dresden won last week.

Best of 5.

• I checked the Stuttgart website and one the roster page I found out that they don`t have a single German player on the team.... But on the front page here it says they have 1 or 2. But anyways, how is that possible? A team with no local players?? And seams like there`s more foreigners than Germans in the League?!?!

Is volleyball just not popular among girls in Germany?

• I checked the Stuttgart website and one the roster page I found out that they don`t have a single German player on the team.... But on the front page here it says they have 1 or 2. But anyways, how is that possible? A team with no local players?? And seams like there`s more foreigners than Germans in the League?!?!

Is volleyball just not popular among girls in Germany?

You are right - it is a desaster regarding volleyball in Germany, we have too few locations, where intense work is done with young girls to lead them later into high profile careers. There are just four Bundesstützpunkte (federal education bases might be correctly translated) of more than regional importance in Dresden, Schwerin, Münster and Stuttgart, where young players are systematically lead to maybe professional career.

The trainer network is weak too compared for example to Italy. We are mostly forced to engage foreign trainers therefore, it is hard to find good trainers for those more important locations, even the central one in Berlin/Kienbaum. But getting more and more professional in the last years especially the women's Bundesliga/VBL increased its demand for good players, which can't be fulfilled with own players.

Even worse, because some leagues are paying MUCH higher salaries then here in Germany (not only Turkey, Russia and Italy, but also Poland and until now Azerbeidschan) the best German players often change into those foreign leagues... currently Liza Iqzuierdo is on the way out here for example.

Volleyball is only fifth in team sports popularity in Germany generally speaking, not only behind soccer, but also behind handball, basketball and icehockey. It doesn't help much so far, that in women's teamsports volleyball has more viewers then even soccer (the only both kinds of sports, where sportswomen can earn truely professional salaries in Germany in teamsports at all) and most of all.

Also bad is the slightly to hard qualification process for the Olympics, which is mostly failed by a small margin, so volleyball can't be presented with German national team there.

And finally, beach volleyball is very popular in Germany, and good "teams" (just two players at all) can earn much more money there than in Bundesliga. Currently four female teams are fighting with real chances to get to Rio there (more then any other country, including Brazil and USA), it drains even more the supply for volleyball in its classic way.

These are the main reasons, why we have such a hard time with Germany players.

Currently Stuttgart has just one professional player (national libera Lisa Thomsen) in its roster, after Jelena Wlk, who was educated in the Bundesstützpunkt Stuttgart and was born in near vicinity) was forced to exit her career due to injuries. Another player here educated, Julia Wenzel (17), can't be considered yet to be mature enough to be used against high profile rivals like Dresden. Even Dresden and Schwerin, featuring considerable more Germans in their rosters as Stuttgart, have lots of foreigners...

• Veronika "Hronky" Hroncekova, Michaela "Michi" Wessely, Tanja Joachim, Stefanie "Steffi" Golla and Davide "Charlie" Carli (Potsdam) leaves Schwerin

Wessely wants to get an education to study later . They might play for Erfurt next Season. Joachim are going to Stralsund. Golla retired.

http://www.svz.de/sport/volley…fahrt-auf-id13342881.html