Turkish League 2016/2017

• Barbolini was right to start Boskovic in the 4th set, they needed someone who could kill balls that were not easy

Larson had a really bad day on reception and attack. Ognjenovic did not play well either, especially in the 3rd set

• The Results of 15th Week :

Fenerbahçe - Idman Ocağı : 3-0 stats
    Ela played a good match. If Birgül can play her good games then Ela-Birgül as OHS Matienko as setter and Kika as OPP..Sanches as +1 on the bench.
    Galatasaray - Nilüfer B. : 3-0 stats
    Çanakkale B. - Eczacıbaşı : 1-3 stats
    good game by middle Beyza Arıcı of Çanakkale : 17 pts (4blocks,% 79)
    Halkbank - Beşiktaş : 3-1 stats
    Bursa BB. - Seramiksan : 3-1 stats
    game high by Da Silva :27 pts (%48,3 blocks)
    Vakıfbank - Sarıyer B. : 3-0 stats

Standings :

1.Vakıfbank 46,08 points (15-0)
    2.Eczacıbaşı 37,87 (11-4)
    3.Fenerbahçe 37,36 (12-3)
    4.Galatasaray 31,2 (10-5)
    5.Çanakkale B. 27,87 (9-6)
    6.Bursa BB. 26,08 (8-7)
    7.Halkbank 22,05 (7-8 )
    8.Beşiktaş 19,72 (7-8 )
    9.Seramiksan 10,87 (4-11 )
    10.Idman Ocağı 9,45 (3-12)
    10.Sarıyer B. 9,3 (3-12)
    11.Nilüfer B. 7,71 (1-14)

• The Schedule of 16th Week :

Idman Ocağı - Çanakkale B.
    Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank NTV SPOR at 14:00 (CET)
    Sarıyer B. - Galatasaray
    Nilüfer B. - Seramiksan
    Eczacıbaşı - Halkbank
    Fenerbahçe - Bursa BB. NTV SPOR at 17:00 (CET)

i wonder Idman Ocağı - Çanakkale match. Fenerbahçe - Bursa BB could be a good match to some extent

• Idmanocagi won against Canakkale with a great performance 3-1! Excellent work by Birgul Guler again. I will be very happy to see her in GS next season and it will be a shame if she is not invited to the NT while she carries her team.

Meanwhile, GS came back from 5-13 against Sariyer and won the 1st set 25-22. Jack was replaced by Kalac which made a significant improvement in team's performance. :super:

• The day of comebacks today? GS after 14-6 wins the set in a crazy way!

+ I went to the Nilufer - Seramiksan match because of Meryem Boz and it was a spectacular match. Seramiksan after being 2-0 down in a very unlucky way it was 2-1 after that 4th set Nilufer leading 18-12 but losing set 23-25. 5th set was an easy 8-15 for Seramiksan. Bravo so many great comebacks in a match from 2-0 to 2-3 and also in set four great comeback. Obviously Meryem Boz leading this victory with 30 points :super: . Even if it is against Nilufer...

I was hoping NTVspor would broadcast Ecz - Halkbank, I knew it could be a very interesting match from the beginning

• The Results of 16th Week :

Idman Ocağı - Çanakkale B. : 3-1 stats
    good game by Sanchez and Birgül + middle Neşve
    Beşiktaş - Vakıfbank : 0-3 stats
    Zhu and Kübra led their team.good game by Beşiktaş's young Tuğba against Vakıfbank
    Sarıyer B. - Galatasaray : 0-3 : the link of stats doesnt work
    Nilüfer B. - Seramiksan : 2-3 stats
    Bytsenko already got most of thre balls and made 27 pts.Meryem played with 30 pts (%53).Seramiksan made the difference with their blocks : 6 to 15
    Eczacıbaşı - Halkbank : 3-1 stats
    Kosheleva played with 24 pts (%49)
    Fenerbahçe - Bursa BB. : 3-0 stats

Standings :

1.Vakıfbank 49,08 points (16-0)
    2.Eczacıbaşı 40,87 (12-4)
    3.Fenerbahçe 40,36 (13-3)
    4.Galatasaray 34,2 (11-5)
    5.Çanakkale B. 27,87 (9-7)
    6.Bursa BB. 26,08 (8-8 )
    7.Halkbank 22,05 (7-9 )
    8.Beşiktaş 19,72 (7-9 )
    9.Seramiksan 12,87 (5-11 )
    10.Idman Ocağı 12,45 (4-12)
    11.Sarıyer B. 9,3 (3-13)
    12.Nilüfer B. 8,71 (1-15)

• The Schedule of 17th Week :

Çanakkale B. - Fenerbahçe NTV SPOR at 11:00 (CET)
    Halkbank - Idman Ocağı
    Vakıfbank - Eczacıbaşı NTV SPOR at 14:00 (CET)
    Seramiksan - Sarıyer B.
    Bursa BB. - Nilüfer B.

Galatasaray - Beşiktaş NTV SPOR at 11:00 (CET)

the big match VB-Ecz:
    let me take your starters for Eczacıbaşı against Vakıfbank :D
    Halkbank - Idman Ocağı could be a good match as well
    Seramiksan -Sarıyer could be interesting

• Two setters played quite bad in this round, one of them's team won, the other lost. I'm talking about Naz & Özge. Naz has been really shaky and bad throughout the entire first set, finally she realized that she can set all the balls to Zhu who was simply killing them all and saving Naz. On the other side, Özge showed once again that technique is not enough to become a great setter, you also need good decision making. Her choices at the end of 3rd set were simply horrible.

Canakkale and Bursa have serious problems in receiving and teams are using this weakness well.

Eczacibasi was lucky and it was brave of Barbolini to come to the court with Kosheleva-Baladin duo and leaving Larson out of roster. Halkbank should be better from the serve line. Btw why did they transfer Yeliz Base if she will spend the season in the bench?

• actually Özge normally set to Da Silva but she failed at match point a few times in killing the balls...if she had got one point bursa would have got that set..im thinking know could she have set to Miloş (i dont remember how the reception was at that moment.lol)
    Fenerbahçe has been more resistant with team play than Ecv or VB recently so it wasnt easy for Bursa to kill a ball but you have to kill a ball when the opportunity knocks your door

• btw..Çanakkale made a mistake by signing with Jana Kulan..she is simply useless so far..was useless in challenge cup against Olimpiakos too..she is very tall but having difficulties to killing balls and moreover, this is a disadvantage in passing..Çanakkale should find a better OH ..Mia Jerkov has also not been playing well...i like her passion but she is not as useful as before..Çanakkale should replace its OHs next season if their butget allows them to find better OHs

• the last four teams in the rankings are going to play one another ( two times 3 matches : 3 matches +pause+ then 3 more matches) and last two teams at points will be relegated to the second division.
    looking at the points after 16th week :
    Seramiksan :12,87
    Idman Ocağı :12,45
    Sarıyer B. : 9,3
    Nilüfer B. : 8.71

talking about the table above : Seramiksan and Idman Ocağı would start 3 and 4 points ahead of Sarıyer and Nilüfer
    Probably these two teams will be relegated : Nilüfer B. and Sarıyer B.

• Actually Beşiktaş with its limited roster ( two foreigners and now middle Ksenia + young local players) has done much better than these last four teams in the rankings though some of these four teams were supposed to do better than Beşiktaş

• Idmanocagi and Seramiksan are improving their performance day by day. Idmanocagi transferred Skowronska and they were having big troubles with Ece Hocaoglu as OH which is now solved. Seramiksan transferred Krsmanovic who seems to be contributing a lot already while especially Sariyer made 0 effort to fix the situation.

• Idmanocagi and Seramiksan are improving their performance day by day. Idmanocagi transferred Skowronska and they were having big troubles with Ece Hocaoglu as OH which is now solved. Seramiksan transferred Krsmanovic who seems to be contributing a lot already while especially Sariyer made 0 effort to fix the situation.

Idman Ocağı transferred Ela Skowrosnka and this means either setter Matienko or middle Sanchez has to be on the bench...have you watched second setter Kübra Kegan ? do you find her enough ?
    how do you think Idman Ocağı should play with these players ?
    imo : Matienko-Ela-Birgül-Kika-Neşve and the other local middle Fatma Beyaz (?) and libero Ayça Naz
    well, Sanchez is a scorer middle but i cant trust in setter Kegan..Matienko should play
    if Kegan could do well then this would be a very good adv. for the team

• there are important matches for the low ranked teams this weekend

Halkbank - Idmanocağı
    Seramiksan - Sarıyer B.

some dont like the teams in TL other than the top four teams but there is a good competition amongst the low-ranked teams
    Seramiksan and Idman Ocağı have been improving and they can beat the teams above them in the rankings such as Bursa,Çanakkale ,Halkbank and Beşiktaş

Halkbank - Idmanocağı could be an exciting match.i would go watching it if i were in Ankara

Seramiksan - Sarıyer B. is very important match for the ranking..bcz these two teams are on 9th and 11th place and will most probably play each other to avoid being relegating at the end of the season

• Idman Ocağı transferred Ela Skowrosnka and this means either setter Matienko or middle Sanchez has to be on the bench...have you watched second setter Kübra Kegan ? do you find her enough ?
    how do you think Idman Ocağı should play with these players ?
    imo : Matienko-Ela-Birgül-Kika-Neşve and the other local middle Fatma Beyaz (?) and libero Ayça Naz
    well, Sanchez is a scorer middle but i cant trust in setter Kegan..Matienko should play
    if Kegan could do well then this would be a very good adv. for the team

I don't like Kubra Kegan's style but Idmanocagi is playing in the correct rotation, Matienko should unfortunately be subbed. Sanchez makes a very big difference, at last match, she had 90% attacking ratio with 14-15 points, already after 3 sets. Her existence make life very easy for Birgul to attack as well. Skowronska needs to be more dominant in attacking though. Besides all, Resat Arig brought Matienko&Ece Hocaoglu with double substitution to the match several times, which worked out very well. I would rather give up from Kicka when Kubra Kegan is playing bad. Too bad Idmanocagi couldnt keep Cemre Erol which could be a good opposite sub now.

I think Idmanocagi & Seramiksan will win their matches this weekend as well. Sariyer is hopeless. Performance of teams like Halkbank, Canakkale and Bursa started to drop, so we can see a very different ranking until the playoffs :win:

• I don't like Kubra Kegan's style but Idmanocagi is playing in the correct rotation, Matienko should unfortunately be subbed. Sanchez makes a very big difference, at last match, she had 90% attacking ratio with 14-15 points, already after 3 sets. Her existence make life very easy for Birgul to attack as well. Skowronska needs to be more dominant in attacking though. Besides all, Resat Arig brought Matienko&Ece Hocaoglu with double substitution to the match several times, which worked out very well. I would rather give up from Kicka when Kubra Kegan is playing bad. Too bad Idmanocagi couldnt keep Cemre Erol which could be a good opposite sub now.

I think Idmanocagi & Seramiksan will win their matches this weekend as well. Sariyer is hopeless. Performance of teams like Halkbank, Canakkale and Bursa started to drop, so we can see a very different ranking until the playoffs :win:

i dont expect the last four teams to change in the rankings much.. 7 point-difference btw Beşiktaş and Seramiksan..and 6 weeks are left to play etc..

• I wish and hope that Seramiksan and Idman can somehow manage to get above Halkbank and Besiktas as they're im my opinion still better then these teams. Especcially Besiktas started of doing really well but now their performance really started to drop a lot... I mean I love their team but would rather see at least on of those two teams in the F8 this year.