Italy – Superlega Unipolsai 2016-2017

• Ngapeth extends his contract with us until 2020

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• We're out: Russell injured his ankle. We are going to lose 3-0 next to matches.
    Our leader is gone.
    See you next season. :gone:

I'm very very sorry for Aaron, which I really like. I hope he will get back soon, even if it seems to be quite a severe injury :(
    That's a problem for Perugia: even if Berger will do his best (which isn't bad at all), they still have to face the fact that practically they don't have a decent subs for the OH position. Actually, I think they have decent subs only for MB and libero (well, both liberos aren't that good, but their level isn't that distant imho).

Having said that, I don't agree neither that your leader is gone (for me is absolutely De Cecco) neither that Perugia can't handle at all this problem. May be it will be the right bust for them to enhance their game as much as needed to win, who knows (obviously I hope not :P)

• No Russell means Perugia on Atanasijevic's shoulders. He's not a player who can bring a team to a victory, so game over for us. They only way to overcome this is playing with Zaytsev opposite and hoping he has one of those nights like in Rio de Janeiro.

• They already lost the first game with Russel playing....why Russell did not bring the them the victory? :cheesy:

No Russell means Perugia on Atanasijevic's shoulders. He's not a player who can bring a team to a victory, so game over for us. They only way to overcome this is playing with Zaytsev opposite and hoping he has one of those nights like in Rio de Janeiro

• No Russell means Perugia on Atanasijevic's shoulders. He's not a player who can bring a team to a victory, so game over for us. They only way to overcome this is playing with Zaytsev opposite and hoping he has one of those nights like in Rio de Janeiro.

Yeah, putting Atanasjievic on the bench and Dore della Lunga on court will definitely work vs Trento :whistle:

• Zaytsev could have one of the nights like in Rio...IF Russel was on the other side.....remember how Russel chocked in that 5set :lol: ?

Becuase your beloved chocked, killing his team as usual. :rolll:

Whenever we reached a final, it was all about Russell. Remind these words. :wavy:

• Volleywood is saying Bruno might back to Modema next season? Is that true?

In an interview he said he has a good offer from a new project in Rio (is home town) and he is considering it, but that coming back in Italy could be an option too, and that obviously he would love to go to Modena, unless they sign Stoytchev.
    The fact that Ngapeth is staying may suggest that Stoytchev won't come (who knows if that's a rumor or the truth).
    All this things together plus the fact that this season so far for Modena wasn't that brilliant lead to suspect that Modena has/will at least contact Bruno.

Obviously a foreign setter would mean adding an italian OH (Lanza?) or MB (Piano). Or both, if Vettori goes and they air a foreign opposite.

If Vettori and Piano are staying and Bruno is coming, they can play as two years ago with Holt instead of Lucas. Wow.

There is who suggest that it would be better to spend money on a foreign OH instead of Petric rather than on Bruno.

Obviously if Vettori and/or Piano will leave, things will get more intricate.

• i meant 5set and not 4th....The aces were on the 4th. Russel chocked in the 5set. Remember that Holt`s serve that came back a free ball and Russel let it fall in right in front of him?? And Holt could not even believe that he had to cover his face with his shirt ??? :lol:

Better be killed by your opponent than by your opposite. ^^

Russell chocked so much that Zaytsev scored 3 aces on Shoji, saving his team. It makes perfect sense. :rolll:

• Vow Gianelli is just soo good.. :heart:

Sole`s save in the 3rd set 15-13. is one of the best ever :white: :white:

I can`t imagine what QPL is doing right now. Russell, who? Perugia playing much better with Berger, and Atanasejevic :cheesy: :heart: :box: .

Vow Gianelli is just soo good..

Mmm, not his best match imho... (not bad either, to be clear)

Sole`s save in the 3rd set 15-13. is one of the best ever

Wonderful! Unfortunately Trento couldn't close the point.
    Pity that Solé missed two spiked in the two crucial moments of the two sets Trento lost :(
    Now he is on the bench, I wonder if he has some problems (as the commentator suggested) or if Lorenzetti simply isn't that glad about his game. Or may be he want a better serve (a jump serve) with Mazzone.

Trento OHs so and so...

What does Antonov have, since he can't play? (he isn't even on the bench).
    I missed the first 15 minutes of the match...

Ps nice idea the change Stokr-Chiappa (Trento second libero, today 'normal' player since Antonov is out), Chiappa did two very good digs (especially the first after Perugia block)

• What does Antonov have, since he can't play? (he isn't even on the bench).
    I missed the first 15 minutes of the match...

They said it now, muscular injuries during training (I don't know if this morning or right before the match. Chiappa has the shirt number 4 so may be it is actually Oleg t-shirt).

Ps Trento is a bit in confusion now imho... Or better, not with the right attitude. And Lorenzetti with a 'preventive' time out seemed to think the same.

I notice now that – I think for the first time from the beginning of the season – Lanza is OH1 and Urnaut OH2. Usually it's the opposite.

• Now he is on the bench, I wonder if he has some problems (as the commentator suggested) or if Lorenzetti simply isn't that glad about his game. Or may be he want a better serve (a jump serve) with Mazzone.

Uff, Lorenzetti put him back and two points later... serve on the net :aww:

Perugia won 3-1...
    Lanza far from his best today, but the end of the 4th set was really a disaster for him.

Very good entrance by Nelli: a difficult attack put down, an amazing ace at the corner of the court at 23-21 for Trento, and he also almost did a difficult dig.
    I really can't say that Stokr didn't play well especially in the last set), but sometime I wonder if Nelli should have more chances...

• Great win for Perugia, If Atanasejevic plays like tonight, will be very hard for Trentino to win again.

Atanasejevic 22 points (58% in attack) 3 blocks. :heart:

Berger played really well 11 points (62% in attack) 2 aces and 1 block.

Stork (16 points, 62% in attack) and Sole (12 points, 75% in attack), played really well. Zaytsev and Lanza were not good, they can play better.