Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2018-2019

• This is no help at all, but the correct order for the characters should be 全リーグ順, which I assume should mean something like "order/position in all of the league"?

That's a huge help. I think that's it!

Not everybody has something in that column, only the players who play a lot and have substantial data.

Thank you!

• saishuu That's absolutely it. I cross referenced a few who had a number listed there less than 15 and it perfectly matches their rank in the Top 15 league stats here:

https://www.vleague.jp/form/c3…d=270&conference=-1&leg=0

I can finally sleep at night. Thank you :!:

• The Youtuber posting the Empress Cup has also posted some season matches from a different broadcaster than the DAZN streams at V.League TV. Different commentators.

Check this play ending with a Hirose Spike:

VS.

https://youtu.be/r0qsu90ejfs?list=PLk-hbJvCZ3vyUbSr9iMxEckOFkVCEZzMp&t=253

Oh well ... VBmyPassion won't allow the video to be embedded. If you are interested, you can copy the URL into an open TAB and it will open the video queued up. It's a dramatic difference.

• With the all league ranking, it is only for that category of the stat. Also with the data, there might be play requirements to be included. As the league is only showing the top 15 within those requirements on the last page, while in the team only pages, the numbers maybe higher than 15.

• brahmin Do you mean something like the league Top 15 might require something like the player must have played in 75% of all the sets a team has played--or something like that ... and that the team 'all league' ranking might not?

I'll bet the teams just take their all league ranking from the league's version, and that's why not all players have a ranking in some or all categories ... but I don't know.

I used to find a page last year where the all league rankings went past 15, but I've mostly given up trying to find anything on the new site this year.

• In general to qualify players have to apppear in 70% of teams matches and 67% (2/3) of the teams sets played. In the following three categories you have additional qualifications.

For kill percentage, players need at least 3 swings per set.

For serve efficiency, at least 2 serves per set.

For serve receive, at least 2 attempts per set.

• Okayama don't smile. They don't run around in circles waving their arms, and they don't hi-5. When they gather mid-court after a point it's like they are checking in for a dentist appointment, or they're a group of French Existentialists meeting at a cafe to acknowledge the depth and darkness of the abyss, and their ennui.

They're so cute. It's a total crack-up. Wonder if it will change when they start winning.

• Empress's Cup

December 22 match results - Semifinals

Team Team
    Hisamitsu Springs
    3–1 NEC Red Rockets
    Toyota Body Queens 3–1
    Saitama Ageo

Saitama Ageo took the first set against Toyota 25-13, but alas ...

Toyota won the gold last year against Denso. Hisamitsu had won it the previous five years.

The N K Youtuber has the NEC/Hisamitsu match up in four sets:

Here's Hismitsu's Victory Dance:

• Okay, all the other sets from the QF matches have now been added.

Ah, just noticed you did that. Very nice of you

The streams are wonderful 1080 / 30fps

Toyota v Saitama Sets 3-4:

• Empress's Cup

December 23 match results - Final Gold Medal Match

Team Team
    Hisamitsu Springs
    3–1 Toyota Body Queens

35-33 - watch?v=nBxKbxny74c

20-25 - watch?v=QHXQOA-YfCc

25-23 - watch?v=q3upqcUdD4U

26-24 - watch?v=k4PdKGmcTuY

• Foluke's hubby is in attendance. I wish Foluke would become a Japanese citizen and play for Japan NT. Her personality and rhythm fit right in, a wonderful compliment, a missing puzzle piece. The stars aligned when Foluke landed with Hisamitsu.

Kotoh starting setter for Hisamitsu.

Araki is starting for Toyota:), but Momoko Higane isn't:(. I hate to think I might be wrong about how good I think she is as a setter, a floor leader and floor defender, and a goofball.

Takehashi took a leave on a couple serves, got aced twice, and coach took her out at first TTO. Hardcore.

Imamura got aced twice in a row and went bye-bye, came back and got four sets in a row one play. Ended successfully.

With Araki back, Toyota is as good as Hisamitsu, but Hisamitsu has bigger balls from experience. Great first set. Toyota lost it 33-35 without Takehashi after 8 points.

• Competitive, high level match for Japanese Club. Lots of fun rallies and skilled execution. It's too bad the Match Point was a giant oops for Toyota. It's a great stream, the girls commentating. So different watching 1080 streams. I'm in heaven.

Erika Araki superstar. Great match for her.

Takehashi is a mystery. She didn't return until middle of the 4th set. Made a point, then a reception error and was yanked. Something else had to be going on. #06 Nao Muranaga played well in her stead. I've always liked her but don't think of her as a crunch time player. The three to four sets at this level took a toll. She looked wrecked. Still played okay.

• congrast to Hisamitsu

i didnt see Higane and Takahashi on the floor for Toyota...why?

It's a mystery. I'm new to this Empress Cup thing and at first I thought it might be something teams don't take seriously, maybe play a little B-team ball. But I don't think that's the case. There might be a good paycheck for it. It was a great match. Araki was smokin'

• Do you know how much the team that wins the season gets? 90k seems decent for a few days of work. but I have no idea :/

• Here's #18 Syuuka Kaneda and #5 Wonder Woman Mizuki Ugajin of the Okayama NoSmilers after Kaneda got a block out to save match Point:

I like this team a lot now.

• Here's the Okayama Bench cheering on the team as they head into overtime. #10 Minami Nishimura, on the left, has a particularly over-the-top feel-good optimistic vibe going on.

• 3 million yen for the regular season winner. 15 million for the championship after playoffs.

That seems kind of cheap. Makes playing four matches at Empress Cup for 10 million a good paycheck.