Turkish NT 2019

• Setter: Ezgi Dilik, Cansu Ozbay, Naz Aydemir,Buse Onal, Gamze Kilic, Cagla Akin.

opp: Meryem Boz, Gozde Yilmaz, Ceren Kestirengoz, Ebrar Karakurt, Burcu Tutku Yuzgenc.

oh: Seyma Ercan, Hande Baladin, Meliha Ismalioglu, Fatma Yildirim, Guldeniz Onal, Neriman Gencyurek(Ozsoy), Tugba Senoglu.

mb: Beyza Arici, Kubra Akman, Eda Erdem, Zehra Gunes, Asli Kalac, Yasemin Guveli.

libero: Simge Akoz, Gizem Orge, Aylin Sariouglu, Ayca Aykac.

• Tuğba Şenoğlu and Neriman Özsoy in the roster :love::thumbup: also Buse Ünal

But let's see who all will be cut, this is such a wide roster.

• Tuğba Şenoğlu and Neriman Özsoy in the roster :love::thumbup: also Buse Ünal

But let's see who all will be cut, this is such a wide roster.

Yes i need some time to rewrite this from cev site hahah 28 players that is mean that half of this players would be cut from roster.

Would be fun to see the final roster.

• My dream roster would be:

Setter: Naz Aydemir,Gamze Kilic (Cansu Özbay)

opp: Neriman Özsoy, Ebrar Karakurt

oh: Hande Baladin, Meliha Ismalioglu, Guldeniz Onal, Seyma Ercan

mb: Kubra Akman, Eda Erdem, Zehra Gunes, Asli Kalac

libero: Simge Akoz, Gizem Orge

However, I am sure Guidetti will invite Meryem as opposite for sure. Kubra is still not back from her injury so if she is out, squad can be complete with only Meryem joining.

If Kubra is back, then Neriman or Asli will be out (can also be enough to go there with 1 libero since it is a short tournament).

• Meryem must be in the squad, she was the best local Opp this season hands down. Ebrar is not likely to continue as Opp anyway and Neriman is still a question mark also about her playing as Opp would be a question mark if she joined.

Tbh Guldeniz isn't that great, she didn't have to receive much so that helped her, I don't get why she would rejoin now. But the lack of defensive Oh is def apparent, so maybe that's why you guys want her, I'd still pick literally anyone else. Kubra is probably indeed not really fit, so I'd swap her with Yasemin.

Gamze was ok, but I'd prefer Ezgi and Cansu over her any day. Gamze is not a great blocker either so that role is purely for Naz

• Under all circumstances I spoke of I would go with something like:

Setter: Naz Aydemir, Cansu Ozbay/Ezgi Dilik

opp: Meryem Boz, Ebrar Karakurt (OH also)

oh: Hande Baladin, Meliha Ismailoglu, Neriman Ozsoy (Opp also), Tugba Senoglu

mb: Yasemin Guveli, Eda Erdem, Zehra Gunes, Asli Kalac

libero: Simge Akoz, Gizem Orge

other possibilities: Aylin Sarioglu (L), Seyma and/or Fatma,

• Meryem's attacking ratio is 38% and I would trust more to Ebrar or Neriman in difficult matches than her. Though I agree that Guidetti sees Ebrar as OH, so Meryem will certainly be in the squad, since is best of the worst.

About Guldeniz, I completely disagree. She did not receive much, that's correct. But Turkey needs an experienced OH who can come in and receive 1-2 balls, serve well and help in attacking too, without being shaky. Neither Seyma nor Fatma can do that.

Hande-Meliha will be the main OHs and they both receive well. Guldeniz can come in as sub and make miracles from the serve line and backrow defense. She is the best local OH who can do that.

Gamze had a great half season so far and she is definitely a better blocker than Cansu, who acts like Casper in block and opponents simply abuse her block, for reference please check last VNL. Cansu did not play much this season and when she came in, she was very shaky, her sets were very off. Ezgi is not having a good season with Aydin either. Gamze is useful with her serves, slightly better blocking skills and her connection with players like Guldeniz and Asli. But I am %100 sure Guidetti will pick Cansu over her.

• I think Aylin is definitely out. She lost her spot in FB to Melis already...

Between Fatma and Seyma, I am sure Guidetti will pick his princess, Seyma who also played more matches than Fatma. For some reason, Fatma has been down this half of the season too :(

Tugba might be invited for the camp but I don't think Guidetti can take that risk. He worked with her last entire year and she was not good. Looks like she is one of those players who shines in smaller teams but fails in big teams. I also think it is too early to invite her.

• It is indeed a short tournament and I have my doubts these girls are going to be able to achieve their goals. I hope I will be disappointed but given their current shapes or little playing time they get in their club team, I don’t see them winning easily. Kubra is still absent and even if she comes back tomorrow, I am not sure if she will be able to reach her top shape. We all know how bad she can be when is in her top shape.

I wouldn’t exclude Cansu from the roster, especially not for Gamze. I wonder who will be the second libero. Gizem is good but drama between Gio and Gizem last summer would get in the way. We will see.

• I wouldn’t exclude Cansu from the roster, especially not for Gamze. I wonder who will be the second libero. Gizem is good but drama between Gio and Gizem last summer would get in the way. We will see.

That's why I thought he might go the qualification round with only 1 libero. He needs to cut down to 12 players for OGs anyway if Turkey qualifies which means only 1 libero will go to OGs anyway.

• Meryem's attacking ratio is 38% and I would trust more to Ebrar or Neriman in difficult matches than her. Though I agree that Guidetti sees Ebrar as OH, so Meryem will certainly be in the squad, since is best of the worst.

When you get 400+ swings already in a bad team it's never going to be 50%, she is having a great season. 2 matches in which Plak got like 0 kills and another one where she got 0 help caused her team to lose and those specific matches got the % down. Point. Calling players that have top stats in one of the best leagues in the world 'best of the worst' is definitely one of the things that's wrong with this forum lol, but you were also a defter stan if I remember correctly so... 185 points of which a lot of blocks and aces too, she is definitely a great server too, Serbia final in EC a good thing to remember.

One thing we did need then was a good OH though because we also couldn't receive even while coming back in the match, to me the answer to the problem is not Guldeniz, a player long passed her prime. All I know from Guldeniz is that she receives ok usually yes, but gets aced super quickly too and she is non-existent in offense especially in OG level that will be. I'd rather try something new aside from the solid Meliha x Hande duo and that's a young Tugba. Busa was another player that no one trusted and people said she couldn't receive but what she did for Serbia was def something Blagojevic-Malesevic couldn't do anymore. I'd take a good lesson from that and bring her, the passion of young players is sometimes more powerful than anything

• It is indeed a short tournament and I have my doubts these girls are going to be able to achieve their goals. I hope I will be disappointed but given their current shapes or little playing time they get in their club team, I don’t see them winning easily. Kubra is still absent and even if she comes back tomorrow, I am not sure if she will be able to reach her top shape. We all know how bad she can be when is in her top shape.

I wouldn’t exclude Cansu from the roster, especially not for Gamze. I wonder who will be the second libero. Gizem is good but drama between Gio and Gizem last summer would get in the way. We will see.

it's sad because I believe in EC Gizem could have a 100% helped stabilize the reception... I hope whatever issue was between them is resolved. I mean like wtf he is still her coach, they gotta solve it you'd think but let's see

• Calm down girl! Meryem is best of the worse because other local opposites are simply terrible. We are comparing her with Burcu, Polen, Gözde Yilmaz and Ceren Kestirengöz lol. I also don't think Aydin is a bad team. They have a similar squad to GS for example and Plak & Maret are certainly better than Antonaki & Guldeniz for example, Ezgi being better than Cagla and Sobolska playing like a monster this season. Meryem is definitely not a good blocker, her block is also often abused by opponents.

In overall, I would not complain if Meryem is in the squad again, but I think Ebrar & Neriman can contribute more.

About Tugba, I will be extremely surprised if she is in the roster. Guldeniz can make the cut because of her experience and constant playing time in Galatasaray but if not Guldeniz, I think Guidetti would definitely go for Seyma and Fatma. For Tugba, I would wait to the end of the season.

• Btw, Olesia got 400 plus swings too and she has 42% attacking ratio and in my opinion, she is not having a good season either.

• And this sentence "but you were also a defter stan if I remember correctly so... " is very ugly. I don't belong to a cult, agree and disagree on people.

I watched Meryem very closely last entire season when she played in GS and I know her limits. Guess Ataman saw it too and that is why Hande moved to opposite after a while.

Lets not accuse each other with dumb claims when we are having an intellectual discussion on volleyball.

• I wish Ceren would not have gone to FB btw, she started the season pretty solid actually and seemed lately to slowly grow as a player, I loved it. Even contributed a bit in NT. Now that Vargas is playing again though she is thrown in the dungeon lol. Sad but her own fault.

For me Vasilantonaki is miiiiiiles better than Plak. Actually Plak is very talented but she couldn't shine still and time is ticking. Sobolska is not a monster also lol, she has max 7 kills per match. Ezgi is only bad bcs Plak receives the ball closer to Jupiter than to her. Her defensive skills remain amazing and even though she can barely use her middles, she sets them greatly when she can.

• And this sentence "but you were also a defter stan if I remember correctly so... " is very ugly. I don't belong to a cult, agree and disagree on people.

fair enough. That's indeed right, I apologize.

But Tugba will still make it : P

• Sobolska was the best attacker of the league for a long time, now she is number 4. That's why I said she is a monster.

Ezgi has always been a good defender but her serves are not as effective year and her sets are inconsistent.

Agree on Antonaki & Plak comparison though this does not change the fact that Plak is much more experienced than her. Also Antonaki receives bad :)

• fair enough. That's indeed right, I apologize.

But Tugba will still make it : P

Lets hope she does. I would love to have another youngster shining. Had high hopes on her after BJK season but dissapointed me bad last year :(

Btw, PTT-THY match is on! THY won 1st set!