Germany NT 2019

• The list looks pretty reasonable, but I really miss Gryka there. Assuming that Kästner won't be ready, one of Imoudu/Kemmsies/Möllers will be the backup setter.

Looks like the idea of Brinker returning has not turned out to become true...

I haven't lost hope yet given that the list published by CEV can sometimes be quite riddled with errors anyway lol

Really think Magda is a solid back-up setter since I haven't got lots of chances to see how Kemmsies is doing in the Swiss league and Moellers is like......simply way too average while Imoudu is not any better, not to mention that she's been benched the most of time , literally almost always, in the ongoing season.

• BTW, looks like it takes ages for DVV to publish the official list for OQT (even a long list of 20 players!) whereas everything has been so clear when it comes to the male counterpart list (yep I know exactly why but the contrast is just......:what:)

I also wonder when would Lippmann be back and get reunited with the NT.....Nothing official yet....:wavy:

• Lea Ambrosius Mittelblock SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Nele Barber Außenangriff SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Linda Bock Libera USC Münster
    Kimberly Drewniok Diagonalangriff SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Jennifer Geerties Außenangriff Imoco Volley Conegliano
    Lisa Gründing Mittelblock SC Potsdam
    Denise Hanke Zuspiel SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Louisa Lippmann Diagonalangriff Shanghai
    Lena Möllers Zuspiel Rote Raben Vilsbiburg
    Hanna Orthmann Außenangriff Saugella Monza
    Anna Pogany Libera SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Jana-Franziska Poll Außenangriff Volalta Casterta
    Marie Schölzel Mittelblock SSC Palmberg Schwerin
    Lena Stigrot Außenangriff Dresdner SC
    Ivana Vanjak Universal USC Münster
    Camilla Weitzel Mittelblock Dresdner SC
  • :wall::wall::wall:

Lena Möllers as backup setter. Seriously? She's even lost her starting spot in Vilsbiburg to 19 year old Corinna Glaab. ANYBODY would have been a better choice than Möllers :gone:

Some extra training on high level for Ambrosius, Felix must really see something in her. There is no way she'll make the final roster, so unless anybody gets injured I assume the fight for the last spot in the final roster will be between Barber, Stigrot and Vanjak.

• According to local newspaper, Lippmann will show up at the second semifinal of the Chinese league, on Dem.28th, which means she would basically miss the preparation early on and go straight into the warming up matches :white:

Not a big fan of her playing in Asia in the first place:aww:Suffice it to say that's gonna jeopardize the entire preparation cuz she's sort of the core of the team:wavy:

• Yeah well but OTOH she's in full "match mode" due to playing in China, there is not going to be much preparation in NT training anyway in such short time...

additionally I am also worried about the ¨jet lag¨ stuff:aww: But yeah inasmuch as the collaboration between hanke and her just really got the vibes and should be skillful, the esscential would be to keep working on the system, settle down as a team, get things right and just try to win the next game.

• I don't think it's worth opening a new thread for it, so I'll just post it here: GER NT will have a two week training camp from next week on under the given hygienic rules, but they won't play any matches. Polish federation asked for matches at a later time, but since women's league might start already in September, our federation declined.

The roster consists mostly of young players, the main purpose of the training is to prepare already for the next Olympic cycle. Alex Waibl from Dresden joins as assistant coach.

S: Denise Imoudu, Magdalena Gryka, Sarah Straube

OPP: Louisa Lippmann, Emilia Weske, Lydia Stemmler

OH: Romy Jatzko, Lina Alsmeier, Emma Cyris, Pia Timmer, Vanessa Agbortabi, Ivana Vanjak

MB: Marie Schölzel, Camilla Weitzel, Monique Strubbe, Josepha Bock, Anastasia Cekulaev

L: Anna Pogany, Linda Bock, Elisa Lohmann

I miss some names (not the experienced ones, but e.g. Luisa Keller, Lea Ambrosius), but I suppose some players didn't want to come...

• I think Kim Renkema would shoot Kästner for going to NT when it's not strictly necessary :D She has just restarted normal training in Stuttgart so it's perfectly OK for me that she's not going to NT this summer. In fact, I'm glad to see Gryka there, IMO she played a very good season in Straubing.

• Germany will have a U23 NT again next year that will compete in Universiade, and Alex Waibl will once again be head coach for them. Apparently DVV wants to establish U23 NT long term in order to close the gap between Junior and Senior NTs.

• Louisa Lippmann play in Beach Tour ?
    She will come back in indoor ?

• Louisa Lippmann play in Beach Tour ?
    She will come back in indoor ?

i think it's just temporal, she's probably just giving it a go and exploring new possibilities otherwise she wouldn't have participated in the NT training session terminated a couple of weeks ago.

it would be a stark surprise if we dont get to see her in the indoor domain during the new Olympic circle, both on the professional level as well as the NT level.

• Maybe she will follow steps of kozuch. Being realistic, Germany doesn't have much chance to qualify to Paris 2024 unless they discover some youngsters with exceptional talent. In this case, Lippmann might as well just try her Olympic chance in beach, maybe even teaming up with Kozuch😜

• In the TV interview yesterday she said that often in summer she likes to play some beach, and now she was asked to replace an injured player and she said yes, but mainly to gain new experiences and learn more. Right now I can't see her seriously moving to beach volley.

• Maybe she will follow steps of kozuch. Being realistic, Germany doesn't have much chance to qualify to Paris 2024 unless they discover some youngsters with exceptional talent. In this case, Lippmann might as well just try her Olympic chance in beach, maybe even teaming up with Kozuch😜

Huh ? They played final for Olympics this year, they have big chance to play at Olympics in Paris.