Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• Laura Emonts hasnt play any set so far?!? 🤔🤔🤔

I remember that she played in one match but went out with 0/12 in attack plus several errors :aww: But in general Hernandez plays almost every match with his starting six and makes very few changes, however right now Emonts clearly is 4th OH only, also because she is the weakest receiver of them.

• Cup semifinals are going to be played tomorrow. Stuttgart vs Schwerin starts at 18:10, Dresden vs Suhl at 18:30. Sport1 does a conference broadcast switching between both matches starting from 18:25.

Stuttgart vs Schwerin is wide open for me (and should be the final :whistle:), in the other match anything but a 3:0 for Dresden would be surprising.

Correction: Sport1 broadcast starts at 18:00 already!

• Good thing there finally is video challenge system! Will it also be in the league?

BTW great start for Schwerin!

• It's a shame the two best setters of the Bundesliga play for Schwerin. Now one of them doesn't enter the court much, wich is Hanke at the moment. I don't know if it's because of the injury she had or Koslowski prefers Bongaerts as the starting setter?

• Stupid mistakes by Adams and Drewniok cost Schwerin the second set:down:

• Koslowski is so hot-tempered:rolleyes:

• Bad defense by Schwerin! They are losing from themselves at the moment8|

• I understand him at this decision .

Weird scene. Koslowski challenges for touch. By accident, the in/out picture is shown instead proving that the ball was actually not out. But there was no touch and I assume the referees then argued that only the touch/ no touch video can be used as evidence.

The challenge rules I could find (not sure if there are the correct ones) state for example:

"It is important to emphasize that the first fault observed in the

sequence of images under review, even if not the specific action

being challenged, will prevail over any subsequent fault and will

form the basis of the 1st Referee’s final decision, determining the

fair and correct award of the point contested in the rally."

challenge system regulations for volleyball - CEV

https://ebook.cev.eu/developme…egulations_Volleyball.pdf

It says "observed in the sequence of images under review" It could be argued that this does not apply to other scenes shown by mistake.

• Weird scene. Koslowski challenges for touch. By accident, the in/out picture is shown instead proving that the ball was actually not out. But there was no touch and I assume the referees then argued that only the touch/ no touch video can be used as evidence.

The Rules says that the point muss go to Schwerin beacause the Ball was in. If he that oder Touch challenged was not the Problem :-)

• Studying the statistics from the semi Schwerin made just too many mistakes, which is common to their performance in this season. I regretfully couldn't attend today because of an important other event.

• Stuttgart - Schwerin 3:2 (17:25 25:23 19:25 25:19 15:9)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/8113.pdf

MVP: Krystal Rivers (32 pts) / Greta Szakmary

Dresden - Suhl 3:1 (25:18 22:25 25:19 25:21)

http://live.volleyball-bundesliga.de/2019-20/Women/8112.pdf

MVP: Lenka Dürr / Tereza Patockova

So the big final is going to be Stuttgart vs Dresden :cup: Could have been worse, even though I still would have prefered Stuttgart vs Schwerin as final, but well, we're going to get that as playoff final again anyway :gone:

• Stuttgarter Zeitung reports that while Rivers has a two year contract till 2021, she has an opt-out clause in her contract for a fixed transfer sum. But it seems that no decision has been made yet and it's still possible she will stay in Stuttgart next season.

She has signed with Goldsport agency recently so she's at least thinking about other options though.

• Today

17:30 Dresden - Straubing

18:00 Erfurt - Aachen

19:00 Schwerin - Potsdam

19:00 Vilsbiburg - Stuttgart

All on sporttotal.tv

Will be interesting to see how quickly Stuttgart and Schwerin can recover from the Cup match, maybe if there is this certain "emptiness" that sometimes happens after big matches today could be the chance for Potsdam and Vilsbiburg to achieve a surprise...

• I think Barber should get a chance more often. Schwerin lose so many points because of the bad reception:(