Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2019/20

• Haha you are funny

No big Deal ?? I would like to read you task if Stuttgart won this !! It’s very bad for stuttgart to loose this !! All the interviews show a big problem between officials in the club and the players

From an economic viewpoint it is most important to be there in Mannheim to play, and five sets give enough time for the sponsors (especially Allianz) to show up. This may sound very hard and economical centered (not generally my view), but is also part of the truth - the show must go on. Of course it is a pity to lose this way, but I think it should be not exaggerated.

• Is women's volleyball just not popular enough in Germany to attract rich hobby investors or corporations like we see in Turkey and used to see in Azerbijian and Russia before the oil price collapse? It seems Germany could certainly have one super team in the way RC Cannes used to be in France or Volero in Switzerland. Germany is a popular cultural destination for Americans. I can imagine many would like the Berlin life style.

• Is women's volleyball just not popular enough in Germany to attract rich hobby investors or corporations like we see in Turkey and used to see in Azerbijian and Russia before the oil price collapse? It seems Germany could certainly have one super team in the way RC Cannes used to be in France or Volero in Switzerland. Germany is a popular cultural destination for Americans. I can imagine many would like the Berlin life style.

No isn't it. Women Sport (especially Team Sport) are not really popular in Germany.

The only big Think (men and women) out of Men football is Wintersport (Biathlon, Ski Alpine )

• Is Rolfson seen as a defensive OH or more offensive? Has she improved enough to be considered for the USNT as an offensive OH say to back up Bartsch? Is she on target to move up from Germany to Italy.

She improved a lot since the last time she played for Dresdner. I see her more as a offensive OH than a defensive OH, but ber reception isn't bad at all. I think she is capable to play in Italy, but in a lower ranked team. I don't know if she is good enough to be Bartsch back up as offensive OH, because there are younger and better OH who just graduated from collega or who are still playing in NCAA. But you never know, because when Bartsch played in Dresdner I dind't expect her to become one of the permanent OH for USA and look where she is now:)

• No isn't it. Women Sport (especially Team Sport) are not really popular in Germany.

The only big Think (men and women) out of Men football is Wintersport (Biathlon, Ski Alpine )

The very high valued coach Vital Heynen even complained, that Germany is no sports country at all. Aside from men's soccer everything is not easy to get financed...

• Disappointing TV numbers: despite Stuttgart with great assistance of Dresden of course created once more a big drama (the men's final was a one-sided joke and not for nothing the first match) there were less viewers on TV on Sports1 free TV at best time of the day, i.e. less than 230,000, as in three soccer shows in the morning on the same channel. This illustrates once more the issue of relevance and interest in both sports in comparison, not to mention the financial side.

• Today

16:10 Schwerin - Dresden (Sport1)

18:00 Aachen - Stuttgart

18:00 Erfurt - Wiesbaden

19:00 Suhl - Potsdam

19:00 Vilsbiburg - Straubing

Dresden had several sick players during the last week, so their line-up for today is uncertain. I hope they can make it a good match.

Except Suhl-Potsdam, all matches are hard to predict.

• Seems like Koslowski plays with either Hanke-Lippmann or Bongaerts-Drewniok.

commentator says that Bongaerts has knee problems, so why would you let her play?

• No one in Schwerin can receive properly:aww:

• Yes, Dresden continues like in the cup final against Stuttgart: playing smoothly well team volleyball, so you have to play well and constant to beat them, but Schwerin is a mess today so far, lost already a point at least - they have issues both in reception and service, typical sign of fatigue.

• Lippmann shouldn't be allowed to play in Bundesliga, she's just on a whole different level :white:

I guess that's it for Dresden, until the middle of 3rd set they looked like they could achieve the surprise, but then Schwerin finally woke up. Unless Schwerin falls back asleep I can't see them giving this away again...

• Dresden still plays really well, in the end narrow escape for Schwerin with 3 pts in a row from 22:23 to 25:23 taking it to tiebreak.

If only Dresden had played all season like that, they'd surely be 3rd place in the ranking. However, De Zwart is only decoration on court, she doesn't do anything :gone: