Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2019-2020

• NEC 3–0 Hitachi

I don't like to see Hitachi lose but NEC getting a win has a nostalgic appeal. Sarina Koga 7/38 @18.4%. It's hard to watch. We need an intervention.

Still no JT stream I can find :(

• I give up. Good luck JT anyway! So hard to find links now huhu. Last year, I just open the YT app then a link is just first up in my suggested vids.

Yeah, it sux. I didn't feel the pain so much tonight because there were three matches on VTV. That's unusual, and happens only one more time this season.

• Sat 26 Oct 2019 Results

Home Away
    Set 1
    Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Total Stats Vid
    Saitama
    3–0 Kurobe 25–21 25–19 26–24 76–64 Stats
    Denso
    3–0 Himeji 25–16 25–18 25–19 75–53 Stats YT
    Toray
    1–3 Toyota 25–21 22–25 20–25 23–25 90–96 Stats
    Okayama
    3–0 Hisamitsu 25–18 25–18 25–22 75–58 Stats YT
    Hitachi
    0–3 NEC 19–25 24–26 23–25 66–76 Stats YT
    JT
    3–0 PFU 25–20 25–22 25–18 75–50 Stats
  • LIVE matches, yes. But they will upload all matches after.

a true value for me, but I assumed I'm the only one who would watch old matches :)

That Okayama v Hisamitsu match was worth 5 bux :thumbup:

• in fact I will rewatch some classic matches.

I think when the contact between V.League organization and DAZN is over, they will put more live matches on VTV.

I hope you are right. I'd pay VTV a lot more money if I could watch all the matches live in HD.

In a way I'm already paying them more money because I keep my subscription going even through the off-season because I'm afraid if I cancel it I might not be able to re-establish it.

• Wow how did Hisamitsu lose in 3 sets? that's so odd.

It was beautiful :!: Seemed like Fabiana could score at will but she ended up only 10/22. Hisamitsu's three swingers, Risa, Yuki, and Nomoto batted 23%, 14%, and 26% respectively. That's absurd. I insist it's not because they had ALL THREE had a bad night on the same night, it's because Okayama's defense was insane. They just kept recycling the ball and finally scored. I'd bet 50 of their 75 points were scored hitting off the block, hitting off Hisamitsu's outstretched fingertips. And I have never seen a team find so much open real estate on Hisamitsu's side of the court for the rest of their points. That was inexplicable. Hisamitsu only made 11 errors. Okayama was just on fire!

• Wow how did Hisamitsu lose in 3 sets? that's so odd.

Check it out:

Code
    1. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FoRvhGeMg0s

Still none of the DAZN matches I can find. And you can't find that Okayama/Hisamitsu match just by searching youtube. It's unlisted

• The Drama Point of the Okayama v Hisamitsu match was going into the first TTO of Set 3. Looked like Okayama was going to take it 8–6 but Hisamitsu challenged and won, so 7–7. Hisamitsu took the next point and it looked like they finally woke up. It wouldn't have been strange at all for Hisamitsu to be Hisamitsu and come back to win the match 3–2. They took the next few points and it seemed the tide had changed. But, alas. Okayama said no.

There was another drama point for me at the first TTO of set 2. Okayama was down 6–8 and the Coach cut into Okayama Setter, Wonder Woman, and Captain Mizuki Ugajin. It was a Japanese version of Ze Roberto. The Okayama coach is a weird old-school dude (and I say that with all due respect for a guy with a great resume and accomplishments for the team) whose interactions with his players are hard to suss. I think most Euros would see what he did as very tame, but I've never seen anything like it. Okayama slowly pulled away after it.

Okayama NoSmilers I love you <3

• Altinli I need you over here to not do math with me:

Hisamitsu v Hitachi 3–0

Hitachi v Okayama 3–0

Okayama v Hisamitsu 3–0

'splain that :rolll:

• Im pulling crovolley for this one

I don't know what that means :rolll:

• Both VB my Passion and live365 tried to get the matches going. livestream gave up and removed them from queue. vbPassion is still trying. There must be something tricky going on.

• I don't think I've heard commentators in any language laugh as much as Japanese commentators. Mostly the girls do it. They laugh and giggle all the time. When it's a girl/boy combo, it's a little tamer but still happens a lot. I thought they were mocking NEC the other week but it's just the way they are. They must just amuse themselves