2020 Olympics - Tokyo, Japan

• If I were Alekno, I would use Saber, not sure why he is benching him considering his excellent VNL performance

He was okay, but his spike percentage was average (44,7%), Ghafour is much more experienced player and he played really well against Poland. Kazemi is probably happy to get a 2nd spot as an opposite in Olympic team, from this young generation, Porya Yali looked like a safe bet two years ago.

• He was okay, but his spike percentage was average (44,7%), Ghafour is much more experienced player and he played really well against Poland. Kazemi is probably happy to get a 2nd spot as an opposite in Olympic team, from this young generation, Porya Yali looked like a safe bet two years ago.

Don't forget about Saadat! Iran's 2nd OPP spot has lots of candidates lol!

• He was okay, but his spike percentage was average (44,7%), Ghafour is much more experienced player and he played really well against Poland. Kazemi is probably happy to get a 2nd spot as an opposite in Olympic team, from this young generation, Porya Yali looked like a safe bet two years ago.

He looks to be third in the case earlier, it was Sharifi that was subbed in for Ghafour. Oh well, he still young, so much time and potential to level up his game

• BTW, just an OT but still related with Iran, their fans are so wild on IG towards Polska. Bartek's girlfriend has became the recent victim of the continuous online bashing from the Iranian fans. Following her IG story, they are calling her nasty comments such as prostitute, etc. Felt so bad for her

• Don't forget about Saadat! Iran's 2nd OPP spot has lots of candidates lol!

Yeah, he's the most talented among these three IMHO. I remember when I was doing casual geek-stuff and was checking out those minor leagues, and found out about him being a real standout in Serbia. I had remembered him prior to that from junior competitions when he was a leader of Iranian junior teams, but was really impressed that he was one of the best players of a senior league as 18/19yo already. And then I checked out some basic footage from this Nis team where he played, and his athletic profile is really impressive, it was no suprise for me that he got a chance from Alekno, unfortunately he has decided to move to Korea next year, so I don't know how it will impact his development considering a characteristic of this competition.

He looks to be third in the case earlier, it was Sharifi that was subbed in for Ghafour. Oh well, he still young, so much time and potential to level up his game

Sharifi is an OH, he subbed Ghafour in P1 setting, with OPP on a left wing, because Ghafour isn't a strong spiker from a left side, and Kazemi is used as a serve sub in almost every set.

BTW, just an OT but still related with Iran, their fans are so wild on IG towards Polska.

It was kinda understandable since this famous Kubiak's xenophobic outburst to attack him personally, but it has gotten out of a control, it is crazy at this point, and first and foremost it is sad that people are unaware that with this type of behaviour (mass hating towards third people) that they do is resulting with reproducing a negative reaction towards them as a community.

Overcome evil with the good, or something like that.

• BTW, just an OT but still related with Iran, their fans are so wild on IG towards Polska. Bartek's girlfriend has became the recent victim of the continuous online bashing from the Iranian fans. Following her IG story, they are calling her nasty comments such as prostitute, etc. Felt so bad for her

Yes. I've seen it too, so many nasty comments. It's really embarrassing to see them saying such horrible stuff and spreading a bad reputation of us as a whole.

Sharifi is OH though. I have no fking idea why Alekno replaced Ghafour by Sharifi for one turn. Seriously, no one knows what's happening in Alekno's mind lol.

Iran's future is bright! The bench is getting deeper as the youngsters revealing themselves

Except for the setter position. I mean, Karimi is good, but I doubt anyone at the same level of Marouf will come in the recent future.

Sharifi is an OH, he subbed Ghafour in P1 setting, with OPP on a left wing, because Ghafour isn't a strong spiker from a left side, and Kazemi is used as a serve sub in almost every set.

I see... so that's why.

It was kinda understandable since this famous Kubiak's xenophobic outburst to attack him personally, but it has gotten out of a control, it is crazy at this point, and first and foremost it is sad that people are unaware that with this type of behaviour (mass hating towards third people) that they do is resulting with reproducing a negative reaction towards them as a community.

Overcome evil with the good, or something like that.

Well, I don't think such a behavior is acceptable or justifiable at all. I'm honestly ashamed how they're attacking Kurek's family (Like wtf? They've not said anything, or even Kurek himself, he wasn't the one saying that stuff before the match). But even attacking Kubiak isn't understandable. Don't just go ahead and insult his entire family! Wtf is wrong with people? At first, I checked the comments on Kubiak's page and they were basically spamming IR flag which is a nice way of protesting his comments before the match, but I don't think any personal attacks or even worse, attacks on his family who've done nothing wrong in this case is by any means justified.

We all know Kubiak is a jerk, respond to him on the court by beating his ass, not by saying garbage on social media.

• Well, I just hope Kubiak has got something out of this and make him think that people of their status are influencers. So, whatever comes out of their mind/mouth there will always be consequences and will always instigate outcomes such as the most recent ones. Kubiak has to understand that his recent actions, his peers are currently suffering

• Well, I don't think such a behavior is acceptable or justifiable at all. I'm honestly ashamed how they're attacking Kurek's family (Like wtf? They've not said anything, or even Kurek himself, he wasn't the one saying that stuff before the match). But even attacking Kubiak isn't understandable.

What I meant to say is that from some social psychology-perspective personal attacks towards Kubiak after his 2019 xenophobic comments were understandable in a sense that there's action, and there's reaction. I didn't feel sorry for him at that time because the backlash was quite obvious considering a weight of his statements, especially for a captain of current WCH winners, towards other country in general.

That being said, after some time it has gotten out of control, this ultra-spam on his IG page is just creepy, and attacks towards players and non-interested people like their relatives just speak poorly about (even if minor) part of Iranian vball community, and there's no discussion about that.