Russia -Superleague 2019-2020

• What do you guys think about Obmochaev (Kuzbass' libero)? Could he be in Tokyo?

• What do you guys think about Obmochaev (Kuzbass' libero)? Could he be in Tokyo?

To be honest, I don't think he is even in consideration by Sammelvuo to be in the main team. Golubev and Andreev were the liberos for the past seasons so I think they have more chances. It seems the current apple of the eye of the coach is Petersburg's main libero, Melkhozerov which is hella cute :lol: but the one I think will have a bright future in NT is Kazan's libero, Ilia Fedorov.

OT, Russian men from older generations were not really attractive (not by a long shot) and it was Russian women who were renowned for their beauty. But in the current times, the men are catching up beauty-wise not that we're complaining really :win:

• Looking at the team standings, if Kazan continue to lose against the top teams it's very likely they will fall to even the #3 in the rankings by the end of the season and they will have to play most likely against Belogorie in the play-offs.. Kazan will have a match against Moscow on Friday, but I don't think Sokolov will return by that time so Kazan is favorite to win that match.

• So the match between Kazan and Moscow is actually scheduled over two days, Jan 15 & Jan 17 with just a rest day in between. Kazan is still lucky as they only have a few remaining matches with the top teams and the result will determine their place in the rankings. Pity Sokolov had to miss out on these games, Moscow plays like a completely different team without him.

• Why exactly is Sokolov not playing Incognito?

Without him it is hard to see Dinamo standing a chance

The game is pretty close right now. Sokolov is with Bulgaria NT at the moment for Euro 2021 qualifications

• The game is pretty close right now. Sokolov is with Bulgaria NT at the moment for Euro 2021 qualifications

Oh, so that explains why Skrimov is out of Enisey too, thanks.

Dinamo got first set. Won't be able to finish watching now but will watch the reply later.

• Moscow takes Set 1. Deroo not starting is a surprise but Semyshev has been reliable most times.

• Sokolov who? Shkulyavichus is playing amazing so far :super:

• That serving sub of Moscow always commits a service error, wonder why the coach insists of using him :gone:

• Pankov with a blistering ace to end the set. Moscow now 2-0.. Kazan is in big trouble if they don't turn this around

• Agreed. Initially I was a little worried that Moscow might find it difficult to handle Kazan without Sokolov, but it looks like that won't be a problem. I seriously wonder why Kazan is underperforming so much though.

If Kazan can't beat Moscow without Sokolov, that is a bad sign for a lack of a better term. Only Mikhaylov is playing on his usual level, the 2 starting OHs Bednorz and Ngapeth are far below their level I think this is the main issue of the team among other things.

• I must commend Vlasov. His attacking has improved a lot this season after the perpetual bashing and he no longer makes stupid mistakes that often :lol:

• Kazan barely takes the 3rd set largely due to Moscow errors at the latter part of the set. This should give Kazan confidence

• If Kazan can't beat Moscow without Sokolov, that is a bad sign for a lack of a better term. Only Mikhaylov is playing on his usual level, the 2 starting OHs Bednorz and Ngapeth are far below their level I think this is the main issue of the team among other things.

Definitely true, it's especially surprising how badly Bednorz started playing to me. Hopefully Kazan can somehow pull themselves together for the rest of the season.

By the way, did Ilia Fedorov play today? I noticed he was included in the starting lineup but I didn't seem to see any other libero for Kazan besides Golubev.

Also, what happened to the 3rd libero for Kazan (Krotkov)? He's no longer on the team roster they showed at the beginning of the match so I'm assuming he's out of the team?

• Definitely true, it's especially surprising how badly Bednorz started playing to me. Hopefully Kazan can somehow pull themselves together for the rest of the season.

By the way, did Ilia Fedorov play today? I noticed he was included in the starting lineup but I didn't seem to see any other libero for Kazan besides Golubev.

Also, what happened to the 3rd libero for Kazan (Krotkov)? He's no longer on the team roster they showed at the beginning of the match so I'm assuming he's out of the team?

Alekno is rotating liberos.

• Kononov is showing a good game today. I hope Alekno makes him the starter on future matches :teach: