Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• What happened to goggles? I thought she plays for Denso. Also...Why does it seem like Plummer is the third option for Tashiro even when shes front row?

Plummer basically put goggles on the bench. I didn't watch the match but Plummer had like twice as many swings as anybody else

• Kawamoto just can't get a break :rolll:

• Okayama is giving up :gone:

I think Himeji is just playing better than they are. Sadakane @ 15/31 is something that doesn't happen every day. NoSmiler MBs are the only ones with offensive game tonight

• I'm sad but this is a match I will watch over and over :P

• Yikes! NoSmilers lost the third set 14–25

• Toray Kurobe http://live.qq.com/10049486

Kind of funky crop job on the video :|

• This stop motion video stream is for the birds. You see the setter set the ball and then one team or the other jumping up and down with their arms over their heads. You can't see how it happened

• Can't believe how often the V.League and VTV livescore stops at 24. What's up with that :wall:

• Thatdao is 3/3 with 3 blocks after a set and a half :)

• One of the Semifinal matches is going to be JT v NEC. I smell danger for JT

The other one will be Toray v Okayama, Denso, or Saitama. And that's complicated.

The only NoSmiler scenario is they have to win both SAGA and Denso or they're out.

• If they do that, Denso also has to lose one of SAGA or JT. If they win both of those it doesn't matter if they lose to Okayama.
    • If Denso wins any 2 of their 3, it's theirs.
    • If Denso only wins 1 and Saitama wins 2 of 2 (NEC and Hitachi), Saitama goes. (unlikely)
    • If Denso only wins 1 of 3 and Saitama only wins 1 of 2, Denso goes
    • [Edit] But if Denso and Saitama win only one and Okayama wins both of theirs, NoSmilers go

I'm terrible at math but I think that's right ...

• 2021.02.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Saitama 3–1 Denso

24-26

25-23

25-19

25-23

99–91

YT

Toyota 0–3 NEC

17-25

13-25

15-25

45–75

YT

Himeji 3–0 Okayama

25-20

25-23

25-14

75–57

YT

Hitachi 0–3 JT

24-26

19-25

22-25

65–76

YT

Toray 3–1 Kurobe

25-20

25-20

23-25

25-22

98–87

YT

SAGA v PFU

canceled

vtv

Costly losses for Okayama and Denso

• Two out of the last three matches for Denso Plummer is the only player getting to double figures. That’s even including aces and blocks. They are just so dependent on her right now. So maybe Covid has really affected this team, as we don’t know who had it. This last Part may be speculation but some athletes have had difficulty in other sports after catching it. I am not putting that (speculation) in an article.

• Two out of the last three matches for Denso Plummer is the only player getting to double figures. That’s even including aces and blocks. They are just so dependent on her right now. So maybe Covid has really affected this team, as we don’t know who had it. This last Part may be speculation but some athletes have had difficulty in other sports after catching it. I am not putting that (speculation) in an article.

Denso should be using Matsui as the main setter. She's a college girl. College girls love their middles,

• DIVISION1 WOMEN ・ Regular Round Toray Arrows wins

source

• Kind of slow and a little lazy for a libero. But cute eyes :heart:

Stylin' Moeri Hanai

Still processing how the NoSmilers lost to a bunch of girls in skwirts :S

• These smoke machines are actually spraying disinfectant mist:

Continuing the Himeji love, Saki Tanaka is Pickup Player of the week:

Saki's having a great year. At 169cm her kill% is 41.4 :thumbup:
    (Jana Kulan is 195cm, has an NT starting setter tossing her balls, and her kill% is 41.9) :thumbdown:

Saki is 14th in Total Score :super:

Saki is also one of Himeji's main receivers

• This V.League jingle jam is kind of interesting when it goes into free-form wanking. The guitar player does some tasty stuff :drink:

• I know there are SAGA fans around here but ... they have nothing to gain here tonight. Let's not be the spoilers you were to Toyota! That was the meanest thing ever.

Wait. That's what gave the NoSmilers life

?(