Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2020-2021

• V2 is dropping to 2 matches against all opponents instead of the original 3 matches.

this is also due to JA Gifu and Kumamoto having ended their seasons today.

Route Inn will lose one result against Ohno Oilers as they are the only opponent that they had played 3 times and same for Ohno.

They will have one match against Alanmare, and be at 13-2, 37 points.

Alanmare, 11-3, 30 points with matches against Route Inn and Gunma Bank. Cannot win the league.

Breath 12-3, 36 points, with match against Gunma Bank. Can win the league. Got lucky with 4 free wins.

Gunma Bank 11-2, 31 points, matches with Alanmare, Breath and Ohno. Can win league but sets ratio could come into play to do it. Also got lucky with 4 free wins.

• Hannah Tapp :heart:

• There is another new startup team on the horizon: Artemis Hokkaido: "I want you to hunt (win) the other team like the goddess of hunting in Greek mythology (Artemis)"

It's Hokkaido, and they don't have any players yet, but I'm already a huge fan :)

Ikumi Narita Head coach. I read a couple interviews with her. Tough cookie with an amazo resume.

Takashi Narita is the GM. I don't know if the two of them are related, married or whatnot. He's currently head coach of Chinzei girls who were the #2 Cinderella story in the recent HS Championship.

Nice web site with only one major typo "supprt"

Pushing all the right Himeji buttons to rise up and overthrow the big corporate weenies:

1. Priority is given to athletes from or related to Hokkaido

2. Strengthen cooperation with universities in Hokkaido

3. The front desk is player first, the players are local and fan first

4. A mass media strategy that takes advantage of the characteristics of women

5. We would who will take measures to prevent the outflow of influential athletes after graduating from high school

6. From the beginning of joining the team, consider forming a second career suitable for each player

7. A framework that allows the competition to continue even after marriage and childbirth

8. Establish junior teams and hold junior schools in various parts of Hokkaido

• It's for real. Himeji's Red & White battle is happening, and it's going to happen live on VTV.

Team owner and former NT Women's coach Masayoshi Manabe will direct the "VIC" team, while the team's regular head coach mans the "RINA" team.

I think they are going to play musical chairs between the three sets, so the 'teams' will be different each set. It may have some of the silliness of an All Star Game, but ...

#thefutureisHimeji :super:

• SAT 6 Feb 2021

12:00 Saitama v Denso -- Hitachinaka Sports Facility, Hitachinaka Ibaraki (remote match)

12:00 Toyota v NEC -- Sky Hall Toyota, Toyota City Aichi (remote match)

13:00 Himeji v Okayama -- Wink Gymnasium, Himeji City Hyogo vtv

15:00 Hitachi v JT -- Hitachinaka Sports Facility, Hitachinaka Ibaraki (remote match)

15:00 Toray v Kurobe -- Sky Hall Toyota, Toyota City Aichi (remote match)

16:00 SAGA v PFU -- Wink Gymnasium, Himeji City Hyogo vtv (postponed)

SUN 7 Feb 2021

12:00 JT v Denso -- Hitachinaka Sports Facility, Hitachinaka Ibaraki (remote match)

12:00 Toyota v Toray -- Sky Hall Toyota, Toyota City Aichi (remote match)

12:00 Okayama v SAGA -- Wink Gymnasium, Himeji City Hyogo vtv

13:00 Himeji v PFU -- Wink Gymnasium, Himeji City Hyogo vtv (postponed)

15:00 Hitachi v Saitama -- Hitachinaka Sports Facility, Hitachinaka Ibaraki (remote match)

15:00 NEC v Kurobe -- Sky Hall Toyota, Toyota City Aichi (remote match)

Special

14:20 Himeji v Himeji -- Wink Gymnasium, Himeji City Hyogo vtv

• NEC is killing me with the serve subs who never get to swing

Hina Kawakami in :rose:

• League put out a press release before today’s games that winning percentage if teams are tied on wins will be the first tiebreaker.

So not all matches will be played this year.

• League put out a press release before today’s games that winning percentage if teams are tied on wins will be the first tiebreaker.

So not all matches will be played this year.

Called it :teach:

• NoSmilers are going big guns against Himeji and their skworts:box:

But damn, looks like no live score [edit] looks like it's come on line :thumbup:

• I'm not keen on Narasaki wearing a non-libero jersey

Southpaw v Southpaw Himeji wins the battle:

Saki Tanaka 5/8

Sanae Watanabe 3/8

• Sadakane :mad:

She's hitting pretty well so far. Unusual.

How about that little Kawamoto yellow card :rolll:

• Bums me out Himeji's setter doesn't even think about defense, let alone play it

• Himeji is out-challenging the NoSmilers :)

• Syuka Kaneda's defense is just so crazy good. She not only gets to balls nobody else would, she makes a great pass :heart:

• Nice to see Himeji with their groove on. Finally. Too bad it's a Okayama's expense

Kawamoto's on the verge of a heart attack :rolll: