Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Who is the no. 11 of Tianjin? She seems a little bit clumsy, but quite effective in attack and have high jump. I love her.

She is their reserve spiker playing in the opposite position. She is 20 years old and is listed as being 187cm with a reach of 307cm, although It appears to be higher than this, probably around 315cm. I found an article about her...

https://daydaynews.cc/en/sports/926826.html

• Yao Di is still as terrible as ever, can't even set to Zhu properly. She is lucky though since Diao will likely be out due to numerous injuries. With Yao Di as starting setter, don't think China will win world titles. Hopefully Ding Xia can last longer until someone new steps up.

• Yao Di is still as terrible as ever, can't even set to Zhu properly. She is lucky though since Diao will likely be out due to numerous injuries. With Yao Di as starting setter, don't think China will win world titles. Hopefully Ding Xia can last longer until someone new steps up.

I hope Ding stays until 2022 at least. It's only one more year and Zhang/Gong seem to have improved

• She is their reserve spiker playing in the opposite position. She is 20 years old and is listed as being 187cm with a reach of 307cm, although It appears to be higher than this, probably around 315cm. I found an article about her...

https://daydaynews.cc/en/sports/926826.html

Any chances she will join U-21 or U-23? I like to see her more. I mean, she's showing something and her gesture givin idgaf vibes, and I really like that.

• I hope Ding stays until 2022 at least. It's only one more year and Zhang/Gong seem to have improved

Tbh, im hoping Ding will evolve like Ognjenovic, she's like a wine, the longer she plays the better she gets. I mean she's 30, if we could see the record, i hope she will play until 35. Though it seems rarely for Chinese player.

• Any chances she will join U-21 or U-23? I like to see her more. I mean, she's showing something and her gesture givin idgaf vibes, and I really like that.

I thought women's (girls') volleyball only had U-20 and U-17.

I don't know if it's possible for her to join U-20 since she already played in adult league...in China she wouldn't be allowed to go back to playing U-20.

Tbh, im hoping Ding will evolve like Ognjenovic, she's like a wine, the longer she plays the better she gets. I mean she's 30, if we could see the record, i hope she will play until 35. Though it seems rarely for Chinese player.

I hope so too, but idk with the history of Chinese players retiring early in their late 20s/early 30s. Although I'm pretty sure as of a year or so ago she is still in the best physical condition of any of the NT members.

• That is Chen Bo-ya, she played vs. Jiangsu in the last match of the group stage.

She looked good in reception during that match. Though it might've been against Jiangsu's bench she was certainly better than when Wang Yizhu tries to receive. Tianjin can build a young trio of Li Yingying, Wang Yizhu, and Chen Boya if their reception and defense can improve.

• She looked good in reception during that match. Though it might've been against Jiangsu's bench she was certainly better than when Wang Yizhu tries to receive. Tianjin can build a young trio of Li Yingying, Wang Yizhu, and Chen Boya if their reception and defense can improve.

They'll need it for the National Games preliminaries (I think in January or February) when they won't have Zhu Ting. Although they should make the final 8 regardless.

Also, how funny is it that Wang Yizhu has been the one who was being developed throughout the season with 4 NT players and gets replaced by Chen Boya in the finals? (not funny as in haha, funny as in weird).

• Also, there's a chance that Gong Xiangyu will go back to her original position (setter) for game 3.

My worry if they do go that route is if Wu Han or whichever player they have at opposite can be stable in reception unless Zhang and Xu Ruoya will be in charge of that.

Also their middle Wang Chenyue left the match yesterday after her injured leg acted up again. It will be another loss if she can't play. She's their biggest block in the middle to slow the ball down.

• They'll need it for the National Games preliminaries (I think in January or February) when they won't have Zhu Ting. Although they should make the final 8 regardless.

Also, how funny is it that Wang Yizhu has been the one who was being developed throughout the season with 4 NT players and gets replaced by Chen Boya in the finals? (not funny as in haha, funny as in weird).

I feel like Wang's shortcomings is more mental, like she overthinks too much which isn't helping her improve.

Since it looks like Jiangsu will come shorthanded and be runners up this season, I hope they win the National Games. Isn't it more prestigious than being league champions?

• Is it just me or does Zhu get away with "tips" because sometimes it looks like she's throwing the ball? Maybe I'm just used to seeing slow tips.

• My worry if they do go that route is if Wu Han or whichever player they have at opposite can be stable in reception unless Zhang and Xu Ruoya will be in charge of that.

Also their middle Wang Chenyue left the match yesterday after her injured leg acted up again. It will be another loss if she can't play. She's their biggest block in the middle to slow the ball down.

Pretty sure that the Jiangsu players are mentally broken after a kind of a cinderella run finishing 2nd in the seedings and beating Shanghai 2-0 to reach the finals, and winning the first game and first set of second game against Tianjin. But I don't know, Tianjin looked pretty bad in that match too.

I feel like Wang's shortcomings is more mental, like she overthinks too much which isn't helping her improve.

Since it looks like Jiangsu will come shorthanded and be runners up this season, I hope they win the National Games. Isn't it more prestigious than being league champions?

I could see it in the prelims. EVERYONE was smiling but shes the only one who just has a frozen expression. I'm guessing she's too tense and playing alongside two of the best three hitters in your country isn't gonna alleviate any of that.

Pretty sure Jiangsu will win, they don't need Diao for the qualifiers in January, and the real tournament is right after the olympics in mid-late September 2021. And yes, for some reason, it's a big deal in China (mostly with regards to job placements for players after retirement).

Is it just me or does Zhu get away with "tips" because sometimes it looks like she's throwing the ball? Maybe I'm just used to seeing slow tips.

Looks to me like one straight tip (one motion forwards) but of course I'd be biased. Hooker did some of those tips last year vs. Jiangsu to the back court, and Zhang does some of those tips too.

• I feel like Wang's shortcomings is more mental, like she overthinks too much which isn't helping her improve.

Yes, young, relatively inexperienced players like Wang and Chen can be affected mentally. When Chen started the match, she was swinging freely and was scoring. Then came a block and a miss hit, and after that she became hesitant and resorted to drop shots and slower more measured spikes. Perhaps their coaches can turn things around.