Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• The Awards ceremony...

https://www.bilibili.com/video…&seid=4922131024692149853

It’s strange that the Shanghai and Jiangsu players look happier than the Champions, Tianjin and Li YY looked unhappy throughout the evening, while playing and afterwards 😐

They (esp. Li YY) got dragged through the proverbial mud on social media since the accident in game 2.

• WTF ! it’s not even her fault....Diao stepped over the line and stepped on her foot ! LYY is vital to the NT ....if she’s hurt physically or mentally, it might jeopardise the chances of the whole team.

I'm sure it's an accident, but Diao only touched her side of the line very little. And this isn't the first time this kind of injury has happened. Those are the objective facts.

Agree that it's best to move on from this.... these kinds of crusades never help the situation, but part of Tianjin and Jiangsu fans have been at each others' throats for as long as I remember watching CVL.

• But everyone steps on the midline in matches, it's like the most common thing in volleyball. If it becomes a problem they'd have to change the rules (I think I've heard some international commentators actually suggest it but don't remember the match)

• But everyone steps on the midline in matches, it's like the most common thing in volleyball. If it becomes a problem they'd have to change the rules (I think I've heard some international commentators actually suggest it but don't remember the match)

What kind of rule changes do you mean?

• I'm sure it's an accident, but Diao only touched her side of the line very little. And this isn't the first time this kind of injury has happened. Those are the objective facts.

Agree that it's best to move on from this.... these kinds of crusades never help the situation, but part of Tianjin and Jiangsu fans have been at each others' throats for as long as I remember watching CVL.

Yes, sport is not without the occasional on-the-court and off-the-court incident.

As for young LYY, I hope she’ll get over it soon. It was quite a contrast seeing her last night, and on another occasion - right after the finals between Tianjin and Shandong in the national championships about 2 months ago. Then, she was laughing and joking with Du qingqing and other Shandong players 😃

• WTF ! it’s not even her fault....Diao stepped over the line and stepped on her foot ! LYY is vital to the NT ....if she’s hurt physically or mentally, it might jeopardise the chances of the whole team.

Unfortunately, the netizens are not letting it slide this time round because apparently she has injured six other players before (there's proof). I don't believe it's intentional though, I think it's more to do with the way she approaches the net.

• It’s heartbreaking to see her like this, I’ve never seen her this unhappy, not even when they lost the final to Beijing in the 2018/2019 CVL 😐

IMO... Jiangsu fans are really making a big deal out of nothing here (e.g. everyone on weibo saying "Jiangsu are the champions in our hearts", "Jiangsu are the real champions", etc.).

Diao Linyu accepted the apology and asked people to stop the cyberbullying already.

Anyways, some thoughts about this whole thing and the finals in general:

1. Injury in sports is unfortunate and inevitable. They're not an excuse for the results.

In 2015 World Cup, Zhu Ting was injured in the start of set 4 of the match with Korea. We were losing the set when she came back on. If we lost that set, and maybe the match, we'd be 9/2 and Serbia 10/1. I doubt these people would say that China should've been the champions. We had already had a bad loss to the USA (0-3) and couldn't afford to lose again, so she came back on despite injury and was clearly not jumping as high, etc.

In 2018 CL, again Zhu Ting was injured in set 3 of the match Vakifbank-Imoco. That's basically the reason why 5 sets were played in the first place (Zhu played sets 1, 2, 5 which VB won) and fans remember a thrilling semifinal.

In 2018 WCh Zhang Changning was playing with an injury throughout Stage 3 and the Final Six.

In 2016 OG Maja (Serbian setter) took two hits to her fingers and face. But no one disputes the results...

I'm sure there are more that are there.

2. Why did Cai Bin bring a backup setter, if he's not even going to use her as a setter? Gong Xiangyu had to play as setter... wtf? either don't bring an extra setter or bring a real extra setter. Poor management might have cost him the finals.

3. No words for Yao Di and Tianjin as a whole since they lost a set to Jiangsu with Gong Xiangyu playing as a setter.... not a dig at Gong here but she hasn't played setter since youth NT. Also, Zhu and Li have been pointing their fingers at the ceiling for the entire match, you really can't set higher to position 4?

4. It may have been an accident, but Li YY should think about her hitting approach, since there have been quite a few injured players already. Tianjin or the National Team coaches should analyze and try to correct this if there really is a problem.

• http://www.volleychina.org/202…doc-iiznctke8329653.shtml

MVP: Zhu Ting (Tianjin)

Best OH: Li Yingying (Tianjin), Zhang Changning (Jiangsu)

Best MB: Hu Mingyuan (Liaoning), Wang Yuanyuan (Tianjin)

Best OPP: Gong Xiangyu (Jiangsu)

Best Setter: Diao Linyu (Jiangsu)

Best Libero: Wang Mengjie (Shandong)

• Looks suspiciously like the national team line up, minus Ding Xia and Yuan Xinyue. What about Louisa Lippmann? I thought she played well.

• Was there an update on the extent of Diao's injury? How long will the recovery process take, is surgery needed?

With the NT training already next month she probably won't be able to join them in the beginning. Does Lang Ping call an extra setter(s) to fill in her spot temporarily? Maybe Mei Xiaohan will get more training time.

• Was there an update on the extent of Diao's injury? How long will the recovery process take, is surgery needed?

With the NT training already next month she probably won't be able to join them in the beginning. Does Lang Ping call an extra setter(s) to fill in her spot temporarily? Maybe Mei Xiaohan will get more training time.

https://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2…doc-iiznctke7306469.shtml

Torn ligament; maybe surgery will be needed. Won't make January NT training (but of course she can join later)

Probably at least 3 setters will be taken to training since they play 6v6 training a lot. Really should take five or six given how Yao Di played in the league...

• Looks suspiciously like the national team line up, minus Ding Xia and Yuan Xinyue. What about Louisa Lippmann? I thought she played well.

Yuan didn't play entirely, and Lippmann was pretty even with Gong I feel. Either choice is not really "controversial".

• https://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2…doc-iiznctke7306469.shtml

Torn ligament; maybe surgery will be needed. Won't make January NT training (but of course she can join later)

Probably at least 3 setters will be taken to training since they play 6v6 training a lot. Really should take five or six given how Yao Di played in the league...

Like you said with Yao Di's current performance Diao should take as much time as needed to recovery properly and not rush to return, that way she has a better chance to possibly beat out Yao Di for the setter spot.

• Like you said with Yao Di's current performance Diao should take as much time as needed to recovery properly and not rush to return, that way she has a better chance to possibly beat out Yao Di for the setter spot.

about 7 months... not sure if it'll happen but hoping for the best.

• Looks like Tianjin is reloading on more talent. Seen the news that 20 players originally part of Bayi will be joining their men's, youth men's, youth women's, and beach volleyball teams.

Also seen something online about Yuan Xinyue and Wang Simin (Beijing's former libero) possibly joining Tianjin. Was hoping Yuan would go abroad or at least join another team instead of Tianjin.

• Looks like Tianjin is reloading on more talent. Seen the news that 20 players originally part of Bayi will be joining their men's, youth men's, youth women's, and beach volleyball teams.

Also seen something online about Yuan Xinyue and Wang Simin (Beijing's former libero) possibly joining Tianjin. Was hoping Yuan would go abroad or at least join another team instead of Tianjin.

I've seen the rumors too. I don't really believe it for Yuan Xinyue.... I'm still thinking she would go abroad after Tokyo.

Wang has played in the Italian league before. Looks like the coach doesn't trust Meng Zixuan/Liu Liwen (I don't either)