Chinese Female Superleague 2020/2021 (with National Championship 2020)

• Thats the tournament where zhu ting almost fainted and i remember she was carried

That was different, that was the 全运会 (National Games of China) which occurs every post-olympic year (e.g. 2013, 2017, etc). It's a multidisciplinary event, not the National Championship which happens every year.

The National Games is more important in terms of players and coaches getting benefits after retirement, but for a player of Zhu Ting's caliber they're peanuts. Still, she chooses to represent her home province Henan.

• About Wang Si-min, Beijing BAICS and China Volleyball Association:

https://weibo.com/u/3479661965?is_hot=1#_rnd1599029346521

( These words may be more Chinglish. Sorry. ) :

Wang Si-min questioned that the second registration agreement was false. Beijing BAICS hopes Wang Si-min could be its member for 2021 National Games of China but its methods are “dirty”. It forged a signature. Wang Si-min has appealed to CVA and judiciary.

PS: Many Chinese audience hate CVA for a long time about male volleyball's backward, "hard" tranfers, "no-one-knows" leagues, "no-one-saw" sponsors and so on.

The two "files" from Wang Si-min's weibo: the left one is true and the right one is false.

The reason why Wang Si-min returns to China might be COVID-19 or that she is truly not as good as Leonardi and Gennari in Busto Arsizio.

• https://sports.sina.com.cn/oth…doc-iivhuipp3396299.shtml

National championships will be played from Sep. 23 - Oct. 2

13 participating teams (basically, the usual except Bayi -- maybe a sign they won't participate in league this year)

Shanghai, Shandong, Liaoning, Tianjin, Jiangsu, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Beijing, Fujian, Henan, Sichuan, Yunnan, Hebei.

The above ordering should be based on last year's results, which will be used for seeding

Location at Jiangmen, Guangdong. No spectators allowed.

Not sure about format yet, although based on the comments I am guessing two groups by serpentine and round robin, then top 4 from each group play QF.

If that's the case, then

A: Shanghai, Tianjin, Jiangsu, Beijing, Fujian, Yunnan, Hebei.

B: Shandong, Liaoning, Zhejiang, Guangdong, Henan, Sichuan.

Most NT players are in Tianjin, Jiangsu, and Liaoning. Beijing, Shandong, and Henan have few NT players.

For NT players, Yuan Xinyue and Liu Yanhan are in Bayi and will probably not participate -- there are no foreigners and no internal transfers permitted for this tournament unless if the player changes her province of registration.

• 13 participating teams (basically, the usual except Bayi

I thought you posted something earlier about why Bayi might not participate but I can't find it. A military decision?

• I thought you posted something earlier about why Bayi might not participate but I can't find it. A military decision?

No one really knows, but talks of phasing out Bayi (in its entirety, not just volleyball) have been around since 2018 i think.

• No one really knows, but talks of phasing out Bayi (in its entirety, not just volleyball) have been around since 2018 i think.

Do you have any idea of what this means for Yuan and Liu? In the short term if they want to play this season? And in longer terms, does the military have some say in what/where they can play volleyball?

• Do you have any idea of what this means for Yuan and Liu? In the short term if they want to play this season? And in longer terms, does the military have some say in what/where they can play volleyball?

I am pretty sure in that case then Yuan and LIu would be free agents within CVL. They can't play for the national championships but they would be free agents for the league (and get paid a lot better)

I don't know if they can play overseas though, although both of them certainly have the personality/ability to do so.

• What kind of military duties do Bayi players have outside of volleyball? I always wondered since that comes first before sports I assume.

If both become free agents depending on the team they join it could favor them greatly.

• What kind of military duties do Bayi players have outside of volleyball? I always wondered since that comes first before sports I assume.

If both become free agents depending on the team they join it could favor them greatly.

Nothing that's completely unrelated to volleyball. It's something emulated from the soviet-era days, personally I think it's rather archaic. Hence why there is a push to phrase out Bayi.

That being said, olympics were originally for amateurs only, and here we are.....

Although they won league in 2015 season, I am guessing that Yuan and LIu will still try to pick teams which have a good chance of winning. So probably Tianjin, Shanghai, Beijing, etc. Gao Yi will probably have a decent club to go to too. As for the other decent players on the team.... Shen Jingsi is retired, and Yang Junjing will probably retire (if she hasn't already) since she keeps getting injured and hasn't made an NT appearance since 2016 and is 31 already.

• Do we know where she will play? Renew with Tianjin, go back to Henan, or possibly join Liaoning?

You mean for the league, right?

I have no clue (Other than, probably not Henan for sure....)

Any of the teams with a large budget are likely candidates (Tianjin, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong). I doubt Liaoning or Jiangsu have the sponsors.

• You mean for the league, right?

I have no clue (Other than, probably not Henan for sure....)

Any of the teams with a large budget are likely candidates (Tianjin, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangdong). I doubt Liaoning or Jiangsu have the sponsors.

Sorry, yes for the league. Should've been more clear. I feel like she won't go to Guangdong because they already have Rabadzhieva and Robinson, that leaves either Tianjin, Beijing, or Shanghai.

Thanks for keeping us updated with the national championship and league coming soon.

• Is there any official news of Jordan Larson (what team/if she's staying with Shangahi)

very little news so far. Kelsey and Dobriana are confirmed to go with Guangdong, so Larson will not go there for sure.

I think she will stay in Shanghai if she stays in CVL.

• I thought you posted something earlier about why Bayi might not participate but I can't find it. A military decision?

OK -- found it. For controlling the spread of coronavirus.

Although I feel this is kind of a BS excuse, because

1. This would apply to the other teams as well. The only difference is Bayi may attend military events with other Bayi athletes (e.g. basketball and such)

2. There have been very few cases of local transmission cases in China. My friends within China tell me life is basically normal.

• Is it true, no foreigners allowed to play in the league?

I hope not, considering Kelsey Robinson and Dobriana Rabadzheva are already transferred to Guangdong Evergrande

edit: didn't see sitenoise's post. although i will say that the men's league is different in that the transfer decisions were made before covid and soccer definitely allows foreigners (in fact, i saw the news this morning)

• I hope not, considering Kelsey Robinson and Dobriana Rabadzheva are already transferred to Guangdong Evergrande

edit: didn't see sitenoise's post. although i will say that the men's league is different in that the transfer decisions were made before covid and soccer definitely allows foreigners (in fact, i saw the news this morning)

I also saw that some foreign soccer players arrived in China recently.

Is Rabadzhieva already in China? I don't follow her social medias.