USA-Athletes Unlimited League

• As already reported here, Kristy Wieser (Nebraska-Omaha 13-16) will replace Paige Tapp.

Wieser will play for Team Cruz, while Team Bastianelli will have one middle-blocker less in the spot left for Dixon who will likely return next week.

Actually fun fact, she transferred to UT-Chattanooga after one year at Nebraska-Omaha. She was pretty successful there. Played beach volleyball for one year. Never played professionally I think. She's currently a price-cost analyst at a big aerospace company, Lockheed Martin.

• Sheilla basically said on her instagram that the training sections have been bad, she only trained 3 times so far and that it was not good at all. She said the cold is a big problem and that a player (Tapp) and a personal trainer have torn their Achilles tendon.

Sheilla and DLC posted on their IG story of them working out and the training area looks meh. Looks like they found a small area and pushed random stuff to the side, threw some floor mats on the ground, added a decent amount of equipment and just called it a "gym". I'm not expecting the fanciest gym, but it could've been better.

• Sheilla and DLC posted on their IG story of them working out and the training area looks meh. Looks like they found a small area and pushed random stuff to the side, threw some floor mats on the ground, added a decent amount of equipment and just called it a "gym". I'm not expecting the fanciest gym, but it could've been better.

Oh, come on..Cut them some slack. Texas was not even supposed to host this venture. Up until December they thought it was going to be in Nashville. The fact that they found a new venue willing to hosts 40 plus athletes and a number of crew in less than 2 months in the middle of a pandemic is already a huge feat. It could be better but it could also be a lot...I mean a hellovalot worse considering everything that has happened leading up to it.

• Eh. The USA volleyball scene isn't like that... I would guess 90% of Americans that watch volleyball, watch college only/only the Olympics. That's why we're seeing Jordan Larson and Karsta Lowe get all of the facetime.

Sheila was brought in as that international figure, but the Americans don't care. They dont know who she is. American time zones are mostly too bad for international viewing. Europeans are all asleep, matches would start at 8:00AM in Korea/Japan and even earlier in Indonesia and the Philippines. And there's no $$$ for international TV contracts because no broadcast will pick them up.

Eh, I think the quality will be fine... I mean they watch NCAA matches. The scoring gimmick may me what turns fans/viewers away.

Holly Tolliver said on her TikTok live that most of the AU players didnt know who she was and thought she was just some mom from Brazil..... and that's why she wasn't drafted until late

told you so lol

• Holly Tolliver said on her TikTok live that most of the AU players didnt know who she was and thought she was just some mom from Brazil..... and that's why she wasn't drafted until late

told you so lol

I have no words for this

• They should put the Olympic 2008 & 2012 finals in between matches to teach these people who is that “mom from Brazil”.. 😂

Even if they did, like what avid said these players probably don't care.

They're probably more interested in what presents/gifts AU is going to give them next.

• There's plenty of older players, I'm surprised by it... Im going to guess the players are off in their own cliques of older/younger.

Im not shocked at all to see the younger players not know who Sheilla is. She hasn't played much since Rio. All of the younger kids would've been in preseason for the NCAA during the Olympics and not have time to pay attention or probably even care unless their coach wanted them to watch (probably not)

Guessing most don't watch international games unless they have friends in them

• and thought she was just some mom from Brazil..... and that's why she wasn't drafted until late

told you so lol

Oh, Holly.That probably sound harsher than she intended...lol

But lets be honest she was also drafted late because she didnt make any sort of impression during the scrimmages. That clearly wasnt the case for fellow international veterans like Aury and DLC.

• Oh, Holly.That probably sound harsher than she intended...lol

But lets be honest she was also drafted late because she didnt make any sort of impression during the scrimmages. That clearly wasnt the case for fellow international veterans like Aury and DLC.

Pretty much. She's played high level volleyball for what four months of the past 4 years? I mean at 37..... sometimes its just your time or she could prove me wrong lol

• Holly Tolliver said on her TikTok live that most of the AU players didnt know who she was and thought she was just some mom from Brazil..... and that's why she wasn't drafted until late

told you so lol

i'm screaming

• Serious question: do the girls from college that decide to go pro actually follow volleyball aside from their own competition? LIke, do they know what's awaiting them overseas or they just go blindly to whatever league or team picks them?

• Serious question: do the girls from college that decide to go pro actually follow volleyball aside from their own competition? LIke, do they know what's awaiting them overseas or they just go blindly to whatever league or team picks them?

I would guess for the most part yes, they go with what their agents say.

Most of the leagues aren't accessible and most student-athletes dont have the time to follow them.