Italian Women NT 2021

• G. Gennari doesn't deserve to be here ahead of Bosio or even Cambi, realistically, she may get a wide roster spot, and that's it. Bosio is younger and has already played great season as a starter in top6 team.

Gennari already knows how to play with Egonu, Fahr, Folie, Sylla and De Gennaro.

Almost half of NT. 80% of possible starting six, only missing C.Bosetti.

She is training with them for 2years (Fahr 1year) :roll:

I think for her it is much easier to adapt maybe this is key factor, especially when both Santarelli and Mazzanti are in great terms and they have the same system.

• Do you know how training in clubs works? Benchers usually train with benchers and only occasionally they work with starters.

BTW Gennari can't go to a such important competition without have played an entire season as starter, I'm sorry,..

I'm a good prospective opp too, but I cant go to Tokio...:lol::lol::lol::lol:

• I'll wait for some official lists, but those hypothethical lists in some places look kinda weird.

What would be a point of having Furlan with an A team? She's okay player, but that's it, Mazzaro, Bonifacio and Lubian are clearly better, and Squarcini is probably better as well, but she's not a starter. Is she only some training replacement for Folie? If so, why not give this chance to Mazzaro, who's younger and already better? Does it mean that Mazzanti wants to play better players in VNL, because he knows that Furlan won't go to Olympics regardless, so it's a waste of an experience for Mazzaro to be a 5th MB with an A team? But is it a logic you should make during Olympic season?

What does Gennari show to consider her as a better player than Bosio? She's a very good backup in Conegliano, but I'm pretty sure Bosio, who was really great in top6 team this season as a starter, would be amazing as a backup as well. Is Gennari only some potential training replacement for Orro or Malinov if something bad happens, Furlan-like? And it's better for Bosio to play in VNL and get some experience, because Malinov and Orro are a lock to go to Tokyo? But what if Orro or Malinov get injured? Will Gennari get a spot in Tokyo because ... she plays as a backup with Egonu, Folie and Sylla, so basically she doesn't play with them whatsoever? With no siginificant experience as a starter on A1 level, in contrary to Bosio?

I'd like to see absences of Bosetti and Sorokaite though. And I'd be thrilled to see a team with Bosio, Nwakalor, Guerra, Omoruyi, Piva, Lubian, Mazzaro, Fersino, De Bortoli in VNL, these are players that should be 8-14 options for a first team in next cycle.

• You need to be Realista haha

She has potential and good but wasn't starter at hee team and she didn't deserve a call yet

If you look she grown up and develop but at the same time have the exact imoco team and arrived to lost sets and suffer with that kind of players....

I hope she do a good season with casal and then be called

• HERE THE FIRST 12 NAMES:

Francesca Bosio, Chiara De Bortoli e Alessia Mazzaro (Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri); Sofia D’Odorico, Eleonora Furlan, Giulia Melli (Delta Despar Trentino); Eleonora Fersino (Zanetti Bergamo); Anastasia Guerra e Sylvia Nwakalor (Il Bisonte Firenze); Marina Lubian (Savino del Bene Scandicci); Camilla Mingardi (Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio); Federica Squarcini (Saugella Monza).

https://www.federvolley.it/new…-il-21-aprile-da-cavalese

Francesca Bosio, Chiara De Bortoli e Alessia Mazzaro (Reale Mutua Fenera Chieri); Sofia D’Odorico, Eleonora Furlan, Giulia Melli (Delta Despar Trentino); Eleonora Fersino (Zanetti Bergamo); Anastasia Guerra e Sylvia Nwakalor (Il Bisonte Firenze); Marina Lubian (Savino del Bene Scandicci); Camilla Mingardi (Unet E-Work Busto Arsizio); Federica Squarcini (Saugella Monza).

So this is pretty much as “rumor” list except Bonifacio :white:

Bonifacio is maybe instead of Furlan.

Mingardi and Nwakalor probably fighting for second OPP position if their is gone be back up.

• I wouldn’t be surprised if they go with 4MBs or 3 setters without back up for Egonu :what:

I'm surprised

I wouldn't have called that girls from trento,they did a good job but her level isn't for NT IMO

The only one who I would have called Piani isn't there

• With Perinelli and Degradi out, the only realistic alternative was Villani, and I don't think she's that promising, or maybe Giovanini, but she played solidly from time to time.

It looks like Mazzanti wants two liberos for Tokyo, honestly, I like it, Bosetti and Sorokaite would have been 5th OHs anyway. Taking four Mbs is possible as well.

• I mean posting the screenshot without the list didn't make a lot of sense... Gennari and Furlan were speculated to join the Olympic group just as a training help, not "real" choices

• With Perinelli and Degradi out, the only realistic alternative was Villani, and I don't think she's that promising, or maybe Giovanini, but she played solidly from time to time.

It looks like Mazzanti wants two liberos for Tokyo, honestly, I like it, Bosetti and Sorokaite would have been 5th OHs anyway. Taking four Mbs is possible as well.

I think Piva abd Omoruy will be there as soon as their season is over, possibly someone else from a2 as well

oh yes she isn't there

She deserved more than melli or d'odorico,she already contributed in NT when she enter specially in Montreux 😠😠

• matteo bertini new mazzanti's assistant coach

Well deserved,he did an amazing job in trenti this last season

I would like to see musso or bregoli soon too

• Bregoli is already assistant coach of Italy, he has been for years

I didn't remember him

But good this promising coaches learning,italy has a lot if goof coaches

• Battistoni? Really?

She did goof subbing micha but get a call for NT uhmm