Germany NT 2021

• German NT will start practice on 21 April but mostly with U23 players, the experienced players get some rest after club team season and will join the team 10 days later. The younger players will play friendly matches with French NT from 1-3 May in France. After that the "young" and the "old" players practise together in Kienbaum to prepare for VNL and will play 3 friendly matches (opponent TBA) in Schwerin from 14-16 May.

There will also once again be an extra U23 NT coached by Alex Waibl which will participate in Universiade in order to provide more experience for young talents.

In total 29 players are invited for the summer: (potential U23 players in italic)

Setter: Corinna Glaab, Sarah Straube, Pia Kästner, Magdalena Gryka, Denise Imoudu

OPP: Kimberly Drewniok, Luisa Keller (also OH), Marie Hänle. Liza Kastrup, Louisa Lippmann

OH: Lina Alsmeier, Emma Cyris, Jennifer Janiska (Geerties), Ivana Vanjak, Hanna Orthmann, Jana-Franziska Poll, Lena Stigrot, Pia Leweling, Vanessa Agbortabi

MB: Anastasia Cekulaev, Lea Ambrosius, Marie Schölzel, Josepha Bock, Camilla Weitzel

Libero: Elisa Lohmann, Linda Bock, Simona Dammer, Sophie Dreblow, Anna Pogany

The only name I'm missing in the list is Anne Hölzig as OH but looking at who was invited I'm sure she would be there if she wanted, so probably she declined the invitation. I remember reading in some article from Straubing that she was focusing more on her studies during last season so maybe she'll finish that during summer.

MB position is a problem because there is no serious backup for Schölzel and Weitzel. Bock and Ambrosius are talented players but still far from international level and Cekulaev is considered as one of the biggest young talents in Germany overall but so far she has only played in 2nd league.

• I want to know now how kastner gonna lead this team

She was good as back up from hanke but now is more pressure and responsability

• I hope they play In paris

So I could take some pics with lippman,orthman and geerties

Love that girls

• That's explicitly the goal. Koslowski states that the wide selection this summer is the first step to find the best team to be able to qualify in 2024.

I meant for the friendly games 🤣

But yes i want to see them also in OG

I forgot weitzel,baby girl

• MB position is a problem because there is no serious backup for Schölzel and Weitzel. Bock and Ambrosius are talented players but still far from international level and Cekulaev is considered as one of the biggest young talents in Germany overall but so far she has only played in 2nd league.

Any possibility Vanjak will be playing as middle blocker again?:/

I know it is not her preference, but as you already mentioned, the German team doesn't have the best options on the middle blocker position after Weitzel ans Schölzel. IMO it will be also the best for her career, because her reception is just too weak to become a good and reliable outside hitter. Whenever she got a chance to play as middle blocker, she also did a pretty decent job.

Anyway, I hope Koslowski will give some younger players a chance during VNL, so they can show wath they are capable of on the highest level. At the ECH they should play with their strongest line-up again. It should look like this in my opinion:

Imoudu - Lippmann

Geerties - Orthmann

Weitzel - Schölzel

Pogany

Hope they can show the same level as they showed during Olympic qualification tournament in Apeldoorn. Than they have a real chance to win a medal!^^

• I completely agree about Vanjak! She seems to be doing fairly well in Mulhouse but her reception just isn't good enough to be a top OH and she could be much more useful as MB...

I think Koslowski will play with the strongest line-up in VNL because with the new world ranking system every match is important, and after VNL there is a lot of time to rest and prepare for ECH. I guess the younger players who don't participate in VNL will continue practising under Waibl's guidance in order to prepare for Universiade (in case it takes place...)

My guess for VNL roster, assuming around 18 players will be there:

S: Imoudu, Kästner, Gryka

OPP: Lippmann, Drewniok

OH: Geerties, Orthmann, Alsmeier, Stigrot, Poll, Vanjak

MB: Schölzel, Weitzel, Bock, Ambrosius

L: Pogany, Bock, Dreblow (if Bock doesn't recover in time from her knee injury Lohmann could replace her)

That makes 17 players so there will probably be 1-2 more from the wide roster, depending on who makes a good impression in training camps.

• Anyway, I hope Koslowski will give some younger players a chance during VNL, so they can show wath they are capable of on the highest level. At the ECH they should play with their strongest line-up again. It should look like this in my opinion:

Imoudu - Lippmann

Geerties - Orthmann

Weitzel - Schölzel

Pogany

This is also my guess for the starting lineup. I think it is quite obvious that Imoudu is taking over Hanke's position.

• In the list published by the DVV, Emma Cyris was also mentioned as having been invited to the course. However, this is not mentioned in the notification from Dresdner SC. Does anyone have any information on this?

Link: Die Nationalmannschaft ruft

During the last match of the playoff finals the commentator said that she has shoulder and elbow problems, so maybe she takes some rest now and joins NT later this summer or even takes the summer off...

• During the last match of the playoff finals the commentator said that she has shoulder and elbow problems, so maybe she takes some rest now and joins NT later this summer or even takes the summer off...

Ah, thanks for the information. I didn't notice that. That is of course possible. So the report in the MDR also makes more sense, where it was said that she is going to Halle (her hometown) first. If she had gone to the national team, this would not be possible.

• It's so weird that french federation didn't mention nothing about that friendly matches till the moment,only that they're training

I would like to see the match or al least match scores..

• do you have any info about friendly matches with france?

• The results were

France 2-2 ,3-1,2-1

Ça m'a surpris