Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Only one match is left to be rescheduled PFU-Toray, which right now is not stopping Toray from making the playoffs.

Big matches for the weekend:

Saturday March 12

Toray-JT, if JT wins, they basically will be the team getting the bye into the Final. Toray win, makes it a fun stretch run.

NEC-Himeji, Can NEC Keep winning, and forcing Hisamitsu to match? Also if Himeji wins, Toyota has to match to stay out of 11th.

Saitama-Hisamitsu, basically winner stays alive for the playoffs. Hisamitsu loss combined with a NEC win means that they are dependent on NEC losing to catch up.

Sunday March 13

NEC-Saitama, again Saitama in must win mode to stay alive, NEC looking to keep their narrow lead over Hisamitsu.

JT-Hisamitsu, can JT beat Hisamitsu? Didn't in an earlier match. Hisamitsu still trying to keep pace with NEC/Toray. Two JT wins all but clinches playoff berth (magic number at best would become 3 (combined JT wins and Hisamitsu losses by end of weekend).

• JT might be somewhat rattled by Saga after they bulldozed their way through Empress Cup. This is exactly what everyone was forcing them to be, a powerhouse again. I think anything's possible for Saga atm.

I am however rooting for Toray this time.

• sitenoise what do you know about this girl ? she's besties with NEC's Kawakami

is she good?

Funny you would post this. A few posts up about I wrote about the Higane Clan. Mentioned that the youngest one, Yuki, who just signed with Toray didn't play a lot because her Uni, Aoyama, has had better setters than her the past few years. One of them is/was that girl, Ayano Sato. She was my favorite, and I thought the best of the three. That's all I know. And that, as bolt mentioned, she's signed with Kurobe

How do you know she's besties w. Hina K? I see they went to the same HS, maybe that's it. HS bonds tend to last

• I hope some time before this season is over, during a Saitama match, when an opponent serves one into the net that Coach Marcos will run around and do an airplane interpretation

• JT seems lost

I'm watching the V2 match but have looked at the JT/Toray score go by. They are not doing well in the Live Score department

• Maybe JT's just tired of winning :lol:

• I think NEC Coach is a little harsh on swp. Her yanks her pretty easily, pretty quickly. But it is great psychological use of Hirose: "Look at me! I'm replacing the big expensive import". Then again, that kind of pressure can be tough for Hirose.

• I think NEC Coach is a little harsh on swp. Her yanks her pretty easily, pretty quickly. But it is great psychological use of Hirose: "Look at me! I'm replacing the big expensive import". Then again, that kind of pressure can be tough for Hirose.

I am not even fond of his system, SWP deserves better:mad:

• I am not even fond of his system, SWP deserves better:mad:

Maybe, but so do about five of NEC's other pin hitters. It just wasn't a good match. Unless she was going to show up as some Gargantuan Killdozer , what was the point? Her vibes? Trying to draw in USA audience ? (LOL)

But I'm with you in ... I don't really understand his system (enough to be fond of it)

• im ready for her to leave.

I'm sure she has better things to do. You know I wasn't happy with the draft of her, but it does seem almost cruel the way he treats her

• Saki Tanaka has great court vision for the tip thing. Sanae Watanabe has it too. Is it a thing lefties are better at than righties?