Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• I didn't read it, but I will now, you got me hooked! And I do agree with him about the trajectory... I always remember something that a Bulgarian once said... Not sure if it was Sokolov, or Kaziyski... That he always remember what one of his coaches once taught him, that in volleyball it's much more important the way you finish a match than the way you start it. It's kinda captain obvious, but, at the same time, so true.

(About the soup stuff, it's Seinfeld, isn't it? :lol: I'm not really a fan of that show, but that reference was just impossible to miss... So, please, keep them coming! ;))

I always notice who turns it on when a match gets to 20. It's who you would expect: the good teams. Finishing

I hadn't thought too much before about how dramatically different a season can end depending on how they structure it. This season it's just Round Robin->Top 3->Boom

Two seasons ago you could coast thru the Regular Round and then turn it on in the Final 8

*yeah, Seinfeld. I thought it was funny back in the day but not now. It's kind of creepy to revisit it. Such a relic

• Former NEC setter, bench warmer, and all around sweet person Yuna Okuyama is playing for Artemis Hokkaido now

Former Breath Hamatsu outside hitter and alleged robo-babe Hina Kumamoto plays for KANOA Fukuoka now

Toyota's new MB Aika Hayashida plays for Fukuoka

• Toyota's A Team is losing :white:

[Edit] A come from behind victory for Toyota's A Team 25–23 Tezukayama University

• :dance4: Toyota :dance4:

:dance4:

KRob played especially aggressive. Okawa at OP and Shigihara OH as her co-conspirators did better than Mioko and Cherry Blossom Girl. Maybe they're on to something :rose:

• Kurobe lost to Club Ehime

no way ! really? I didn't even look at the match

Do you know a site doing live score?

• Kurobe won according to their tweetbox people

• These Seitoku kids are swingers. Refreshing :thumbup:

• I think whoever said the best HS teams are better than the best Uni teams was right

• All the V1 teams except Okayama because they are Okayama are playing their straight up starters. Taking no chances for humiliation

Actually, I don't know who played for Kurobe but they played Club Ehime who is probably the weakest team in this tournament by far

• Aika Hayashida is playing kind of OP-y in this match against PFU. I wonder if Toyota might try her at OP :S

• I think whoever said the best HS teams are better than the best Uni teams was right

Hasn't it always been like that? Seems most uni students until now with Ran's peak never really planned on going further that's probably why they just reach a certain level of contentment at what they do compared to highschoolers.

I kinda wanna see them fight each other more than them vs "vleaguers"

• Did anybody catch the set scores of the Seitoku 2–0 Hamamatsu match?

• Hasn't it always been like that? Seems most uni students until now with Ran's peak never really planned on going further that's probably why they just reach a certain level of contentment at what they do compared to highschoolers.

I kinda wanna see them fight each other more than them vs "vleaguers"

I never thought about it before so I don't know if it's always been like that. I'm intrigued by this newfound spice

As for contentment or going further ... 5 Uni grads made the NT wide roster this year, 2 went to the Olympics

I don't know the man version of the game but I think this Ran person you mention is a guy still in Uni, right? I don't think that has ever happened with a Uni-girl, but I wouldn't know about anything past 4-5 years ago

• I kinda wanna see them fight each other more than them vs "vleaguers"

I mis-spoke earlier when I mentioned Hachiojijissen beating Tokai. It was Seitoku who beat the current Uni Champions Tokai. You can watch it here if you want. It was in the Block Round of this Empress Cup

• Empress Cup Round 1 Results

FRI 10 Dec 2021

Set 1

Set 2

Set 3

Total

Where

Kurobe 2–0 Club Ehime

25–13

25–17

50–30

C1 video

Okayama 2–0 Kinjo

25–16

25–20

50–36

D1 video

Toyota 2–0 Tezukayama

25–23

25–19

50–42

E1 video

Prestige 2–1 TWCPE

25–21

23–25

26–24

74–70

C2 video

NIFS 2–1 JA Gifu

14–25

25–23

27–25

66–73

D2 video

Seitoku 2–0 Hamamatsu

26-24

25-18

51–42

E2 video

SAGA 2–0 Ryukoku

25–17

25–16

50–33

C3 video

PFU 2–0 Fukuoka

25–19

25–22

50–41

D3 video

Hitachi 2–0 Hiroshima

25–14

25–18

50–32

E3 video

Saitama 2–0 Artemis Hokkaido

25–16

25–15

50–31

C4 video

Tsukuba 2–1 Brilliant Aries

25–21

22–25

25–21

72–67

D4 video

Himeji 2–0 KANOA Fukuoka

25–18

25–19

50–37

E4 video

I'll add links to the VODs when they come up and I wake up

I'm happy Tsukuba won but I'm very worried about Brilliant Aries :( On paper they're the best team in V2. All five of their attackers are ranked in the Top 15 (Yuka Tomizawa drops in and out because of the number of sets she plays. She's splitting time with another OH). They aren't the best defensive team, though ... by a long shot

Interesting that all three "V2 team versus Uni team" went full set and were the only ones to do it.