Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• With no V.League match tonight I can devote myself exclusively to Uni Girl shenanigans. Match of the night is Aoyama v JWCPE. Aoyama is a long standing top team that's been in the doldrums the past couple years. I like who they have assembled this year. They look good to me, except maybe the freshman setter from Higashi. Tokai beat the crap out of them last weekend, but whatever. Player to watch: sophomore southpaw receiving OP Misuzu Takahashi

JWCPE leads with middle blockers. Cool stuff. Last match the MBs were 36/72 @50% while the two outside hitters went 22/72 @30%

One of those OHs is a favorite of mine. According to stats usage rules I won't mention her name. One of the MBs is also a fave: Aoi Shiozaki. Expect her and her partner in crime to enter V.League this winter

• Annie is already back in the USA. That was fast

does that mean she won’t be playing the Asian Clubs

• I would imagine so. she's not going to come all of the way here, just to go back to japan/Kazakhstan in like a week

China and Korea aren't sending teams. I didn't know that. Depending on who Thailand assembles for their team it's probably JT's time to win something this year even without her

• it looks like its going to be Diamond Food VC representing Thailand. I wonder if Tomkom will play in that.

Thailand often "loans" some of their National Team players to the team competing. I'm cool with that but it makes it hard to predict who will actually be playing at this point

• 2021-22 V.LEAGUE DIVISION1 WOMEN Final result

RankTeamRegular Round
    GOLD

Hisamitsu Springs

23 wins 10 losses 72pts

SILVER

JT Marvelous

27 wins 6 losses 80pts

BRONZE

Toray Arrows

26 wins 7 losses 79pts

Cancellation Notice

4th

NEC Red Rockets

23 wins 10 losses 70pts

5th

Saitama Ageo Medics

20 wins 13 losses 60pts

6th

Denso Airybees

20 wins 13 losses 56pts

7th

Hitachi Rivale

14 wins 19 losses 41pts

8th

PFU Bluecats

12 wins 21 losses 38pts

9th

Okayama Seagulls

12 wins 21 losses 36pts

10th

Toyota Body Queens

10 wins 23 losses 29pts

11th

Victorina Himeji

8 wins 25 losses 25pts

12th

Kurobe Aqua Fairies

3 wins 30 losses 8pts

Source

2021-22 V.LEAGUE DIVISION1 WOMEN Player Awards

AwardNameTeamRemarks

Winner Director

Shingo Sakai

SAGA

3rd time

MVP

Arisa Inoue

SAGA

1st award

Fighting Spirit

Andrea Drews

JT Marvelous

1st award

Top scorer

Jana Kulan

Toray Arrows

3rd time, 2 in a row

Spike

Foluke Akinradewo

SAGA

4th time

Block

Jaja Santiago

Saitama Ageo Medics

1st award

Serve

Mioko Yabuta

Toyota Body Queens

1st award

Serve Receive

Mako Kobata

JT Marvelous

2nd time, 2 in a row

Receive

Mana Toe

SAGA

First award

Best 6

Andrea Drews

JT Marvelous

3rd time, 3 in a row

Jana Kulan

Toray Arrows

3rd time, 2 in a row

Arisa Inoue

SAGA

1st award

Foluke Akinradewo

SAGA

4th time, 2 in a row

Erina Ogawa

Toray Arrows

1st award

Erika Sakae

SAGA

1st award

Best libero

Mako Kobata

JT Marvelous

5th time

Best Rookie

Melissa Valdes

PFU Bluecats

Excellent GM

Kenichi Noda

NEC Red Rockets

1st award

Fair play

Jaja Santiago

Saitama Ageo Medics

1st award

Mami Yokota

Denso Airybees

1st award

Yasutaka Matsudaira

Shingo Sakai

SAGA

3rd time

Special Recognition

Foluke Akinradewo

SAGA

Outstanding personal records

Erika Sakae

SAGA

Active in V League for a long time

Aimi Kawashima

Okayama Seagulls

Kotoe Inoue

NEC Red Rockets

Aya Watanabe

Hitachi Rivale

Fumika Moriya

Denso Airybees

Japan Record Award
    Top Scorer

Arisa Inoue

SAGA

584 points

Distinguished Service

Erika Araki

Former Toyota Body Queen

• Foluke robbed of MVP

No kidding

• oh i was just memeing lol

This was the year of Arisa Inoue. I'm not feeling it, although I called it at the beginning of the year :teach: They invented the first ever MVP of the Empress' Cup to give to her

Foluke was so dominant this year it wasn't funny

• how did kelsey not make the best six.

smh frauds

sitenoise what was foluke's special recognition? or do you have a link?

I think they only pick the best 6 from Finalists

No idea what the Foluke thing is

• Some of these Uni girls are diving like scaredy cat little girls :cursing: It's infuriating

• JWCPE doesn't have the juice for Aoyama. Their MBs are not killing it (trying to reverse jinx*)

TWCPE is having trouble with Kaetsu

Kaetsu goes back and forth from being a top team, lots of great alum from there

TWCPE has one of those horse riding bulldog OHs from Seitoku -- Yui Hamamura -- and the best player I've seen in the tournament so far: MB Yuna Adachi. I expected more

*JWCPE just ran a string of points ... up 20–15 in Set 3 (down 0–2). This jinx stuff really works :whistle:

• :(

I called the jinx too early, but it was in the cards anyway . Aoyama 3–0 JWCPE

There's spectators at the Kanto matches this weekend at Odawara Arena, Kanagawa

• Money Quote from Kurobe Coach in the vbm presser after the Kurobe/Brilliant Aries Challenge Match:

As you can see from the comparison with Route-Inn's volleyball, volleyball starts from defense

:rose:

[Edit] -- A little more from that presser: The Allies coach talked about "rental transfers" ("like they do in the Panasonic boys" -- I don't know anything about that) where V1 players who are good, but on the bench in V1, could 'rental transfer' to a V2 team to get playing time and up the stakes. Not sure who might want to do that but it might be interesting

Both coaches kind of touched on the reason V2 has been improving recently is because of defense :thumbup:

Sweaty Beast Yuka Tomizawa said after the match "I can't walk anymore!"

Double :rose::rose:

• That's an insinuation :teach:

So what do you think the scandal is? That only SAGA tested positive (because somebody tweetfarted that?) and JVL either dislikes JT and didn't want them to win ... lol ... or they didn't want the Title to be decided by a forfeit (no matter who it would favor). So they faked JT's covid test results in order to claim a "no win or lose" Final match and pretend that it was decided fair and square by the one match they did play?

Nah, never thought that far. It doesn't matter anyway. Whatever happened, happened.

I'm very sorry, everyone, for the BS and insinuations. I was merely thinking and speculating out loud and I realise that it did go too far. I want to sincerely apologise because I don't want to be an a**hole or any sort, and I appreciate having this space to spazz and discuss about volleyball too much to ruin any part of the fun, chill, and openness.

Yeah, sorry once again for the long post too :wacko: