Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2021-2022

• Annie is already back in the USA. That was fast

I wonder if Thatdao went back too? Did Annie go back to join the NT training?

• Nah, never thought that far. It doesn't matter anyway. Whatever happened, happened.

I'm very sorry, everyone, for the BS and insinuations. I was merely thinking and speculating out loud and I realise that it did go too far. I want to sincerely apologise because I don't want to be an a**hole or any sort, and I appreciate having this space to spazz and discuss about volleyball too much to ruin any part of the fun, chill, and openness.

Yeah, sorry once again for the long post too :wacko:

Hey, I sympathize with you. I'm not invested in either of the teams so the whole thing slid right off my back. If I was a stan of either team, scandal or no scandal, I would lash out against it in some form or other. It's disappointing af to end like that. So abruptly! It's not ideal for either team

Gear up for the Asian Clubs. I hope we get to see them. I just noticed that , according to volleybox ::cough:: the matches are split between Kazakstan (which has an 'h' in it, but nevermind) and Japan. Weird. Do you know anything about that

• I wonder if Thatdao went back too?

Ha! that's a stickler. Will she/would she play for JT or Thailand :/

• I'm depressed.

The Real Yoshino Sato is playing for Tsukuba tonight. Means she's likely been excused from the NT training camp :(

[Edit] Shoin, one of the worst teams in this tournament just took the first set against Tsukuba. It's the first set they've won :sos:

• idk why im i nervous for today’s match

did you miss the news :rolll:

• Hey, I sympathize with you. I'm not invested in either of the teams so the whole thing slid right off my back. If I was a stan of either team, scandal or no scandal, I would lash out against it in some form or other. It's disappointing af to end like that. So abruptly! It's not ideal for either team

Gear up for the Asian Clubs. I hope we get to see them. I just noticed that , according to volleybox ::cough:: the matches are split between Kazakstan (which has an 'h' in it, but nevermind) and Japan. Weird. Do you know anything about that

Thanks for the understanding :heart: I wanted to apologise to clear up the air all the same.

Been looking for info on that, but there's barely anything, even on their official website. The only thing their website and there are 6 teams in total atm: 1 from Thailand (captain Nootsara Tomkom), 1 Iran, 2 Kazakhstan, 1 Kyrgyzstan, and 1 JT Marvelous. That's very little clubs :what:

• Ha! that's a stickler. Will she/would she play for JT or Thailand :/

Unless she's been called to the Thai national team too and has to start preparing for the international tournaments :call:

• i dont think so. they all get a break before going to the NT for training. most of the team is still playing in europe.

Ahh okay. Someone online told me that there was a "training period" for US NT candidates or something like that, and that Annie is not confirmed a spot in the team?

• Anyone knows if 4T will continue to play in Japan? I remember seeing in this thread that apparently she had to go back to Vietnam and help her club there or something?

• Kokushikan is killing NSSU ... up 2–0 and now 10–0 in set 3 :white:

This is NSSU's first match. Apparently they had some covid and haven't been practicing. It's maybe less NSSU being bad and more Kokushikan being good. Their Captain OP, Suzuna Kawasaki is a beast. 3rd year. I'm honestly surprised she wasn't invited to the NT as an OP option, given The Real Yoshino Sato. Suzuna was Captain last year as a sophomore. That's unusual and telling. And she's #1 as a Junior. They must not have any seniors. Uni numbering schemes aren't hardcore seniority like Toray, but they always go Seniors -> Juniors -> Sophs -> Fresh , in clumps ... as far as I've ever seen

• Anyone knows if 4T will continue to play in Japan? I remember seeing in this thread that apparently she had to go back to Vietnam and help her club there or something?

I think she was able to finish the season in the VLeague, but she returned to Vietnam because she'll be playing in the Southeast Asian Games this May, and their country is the host. I hope she'll play in Japan again, next season though. I love watching her.

Jaja Santiago of Saitama will also play for SEAG representing the Philippines and likely Thatdao (JT), Pimpichiya (Kurobe) and Hattaya (Toyota) too for Thailand. :super:

• I think she was able to finish the season in the VLeague, but she returned to Vietnam because she'll be playing in the Southeast Asian Games this May, and their country is the host. I hope she'll play in Japan again, next season though. I love watching her.

Jaja Santiago of Saitama will also play for SEAG representing the Philippines and likely Thatdao (JT), Pimpichiya (Kurobe) and Hattaya (Toyota) too for Thailand. :super:

Looks like the Japanese clubs will all be understaffed of both their regular players and imports for the Kurowashiki tournament. This will be fun :lol:

I hope 4T stays in Japan too. I feel like she suits the cheeky, happy-go-lucky style of PFU especially with Nabeya and Tahara! There's so much more tournaments this year compared to the last, it's pretty exciting :bump:

• Ahh okay. Someone online told me that there was a "training period" for US NT candidates or something like that, and that Annie is not confirmed a spot in the team?

may want to take a NT break due to winning gold…..basically you have a 4 year commitment. And life sometimes happens too. Drews is married, but her husband stayed in the states during her time in Japan.

Drews having to play her way onto the team? Not with the awards she has in her pocket…..

you never know if teams are on loans with foreign players or if they are complete transfers. Also many foreign players are on yearly contracts, so it is up to team and player to commit again to each other. If same coach, then likelihood is there depending on the player. Plus pay in Japan is good and having interpreter paid for as well.

• may want to take a NT break due to winning gold…..basically you have a 4 year commitment. And life sometimes happens too. Drews is married, but her husband stayed in the states during her time in Japan.

Drews having to play her way onto the team? Not with the awards she has in her pocket…..

It would be very weird having a seasoned veteran go through the entire vetting process again when you know what she's quite capable of. Yeah, even if she's not in the NT whether for personal reasons or etc, it's still all good for her anyway!

• Summer League starts July 1st, until the 3rd. Opens the new season. I hope they have Uni Squads again

[edit] My translation was off. It starts the 1st. It also looks like the East and West tournaments are going to be held simultaneously. WTF Japan :wall:

• Looks like the Japanese clubs will all be understaffed of both their regular players and imports for the Kurowashiki tournament. This will be fun :lol:

I hope 4T stays in Japan too. I feel like she suits the cheeky, happy-go-lucky style of PFU especially with Nabeya and Tahara! There's so much more tournaments this year compared to the last, it's pretty exciting :bump:

Local news said PFU already reached out to her local club for contract renewal but i highly doubt if she could make it to Japan next season. It's been ages since her local club last won the national championship and they also aim to get the the gold medal at the quadrennial national games in November. And 4T is like 70% of their offense strength :roll:.

A lot of her fans also don't like the idea of 4T playing at PFU another year since they would like to see her playing as the real OPP or OH instead of MB/OPP. Some said they'd love to see 4T in Turkish league lol (!!). But i do agree 4T should stick in Japan for another year whether with PFU or not, as Brahmin said, good paycheck with interpreter included. Her game also developed tremendously after 2 seasons in V-league as well.

• Shuri Yamaguchi will be retiring at the end of Black Eagle Flag. Lerbach won't be renewing.

https://amg.or.jp/medics/news/2021_22/news20220418_2.php

Well, the love/hate with Marcos was kind of fun, and I think he was good for the team, but I'm really glad to see Yamaguchi go