Japan Men's NT 2021

• Btw the training camp for the AVC started on the 17th. The AVC roster should be a 14-man roster (?).

- Nishida and Ishikawa’s clubs said that they’re busy with their NT activities so they’re definitely playing.

- Shimizu retired from the NT team so they need another OP > Otake? Or the youngster Miyaura Kento?

- Sekita left for Poland > Oya?

- I think they’re gonna bring a second libero > Ogawa 100%

(Their current world ranking is 10th)

• Agree to this one. I expect they will bring Otake over Miyaura for this. They will most likely add another MB also - K.Takahashi was in the VNL with the team, but I will not be surprised if the 4th MB is Fukuyama. He is their additional training player for Olympics together with Ogawa.

• Otsuka confirmed he’s in the AVC line-up (.)

I hope he gets more playing time this AVC and show what he can do. This is a short tourney and the games are scheduled daily so I hope they give him a chance. If not starter, atleast play on some sets while some starters rest for a while, and not just a sub to block in one rotation.

• Lineup for Asian Championship:

2 Taishi Onodera (MB)

3 Naonobu Fujii (S)

4 Issei Otake (OP)

5 Tatsunori Otsuka (OH)

6 Akihiro Yamauchi (MB)

7 Kenta Takanashi (OH)

9 Taichi Fukuyama (MB)

12 Ran Takahashi (OH)

13 Masaki Oya (S)

14 Yuki Ishikawa (OH) ©

15 Haku Ri/Lee (MB)

17 Tomohiro Ogawa (L)

19 Kento Miyaura (OP)

20 Tomohiro Yamamoto (L)

No Nishida. Other than that, it's the expected lineup.

• So Nishida is going to Italy earlier than expected (which is better imo since he needs time to familiarise with a new environment).

I’m excited for Fukuyama and Miyaura! I hope they’re not bringing them just to bench them.

And the head coach is staying?! He’s probably retiring after this tournament then 🤔

They also changed their jersey numbers 😶

• I'm excited for Fukuyama and Miyaura also! Since Nishida will not play, I would assume Miyaura wilI atl east get playing time. If not starter, he can get in through double sub. I'm unsure about Fukuyama though, but I hope we see him play in this tournament.

• Quick post about the tournament bc idk how many people are interested in it:

• Top 2 of Pool A + Top 2 of Pool C will be put in Pool E. Top 2 of Pool E advance to the semifinals.
    • Top 2 of Pool B + Top 2 of Pool D will be put in Pool F. Top 2 of Pool F advance to the semifinals.
    • Semifinal 1: E1 vs. F2
    • Semifinal 2: E2 vs. F1
    • Bronze: loser of SF1 vs. loser of SF2
    • Gold (who will qualify for the 2022 WCH): winner of SF1 vs. winner of SF

Official website (still very empty): https://asianvolleyball.net/ne…volleyball-championships/

Tournament starts on 12th September and ends on 19th September. There are matches every day.

Japan’s preliminary round schedule:

• vs Qatar (12th, 6PM JST)
    • vs Bahrain (13th, 6PM JST)
    • vs India (14th, 6PM JST)

Looking at the pool compositions Japan should be able to reach the semifinals and hopefully the gold medal match :)

• https://news.yahoo.co.jp/artic…ab469a4755e934498db38c1e8

I really like this approach of young Japanese players that are willing to play overseas probably for less money than in local league in order to make a progress, like Ishikawa did in Serie A in past few years. I don't think Takahashi is as big talent as Ishikawa and Nishida are, Ishikawa in his age was already a leader of NT during 2015 World Cup, but he's still a big talent for standards of male Japanese volleyball, so it would be good for him to have indeed a chance to play in Italian league, and good for Japan NT to find third decent OH to fill in a lineup.

• I was initially thinking of creating a thread for the Asian Championship, but with this kind of hosting coverage, I don't think it is even worth it. lol. No livestream for the main hall, and the 2nd hall were allowed a very very poor fb live where you can't even see the plays clearly. I'm not even expecting a really good coverage, but this is just so bad. We still likely be able to watch the Japan game, but I would've wanted to see all the other matches as well.

According to AVC's apology statement ---- "Organisers had confirmed just a few days ago that live streaming of the Championship are available for domestic viewers only, not for overseas."

Edited to add:

I already have a clear livestream atleast for the Korea vs KSA. I hope they stream other matches as well.

• Straight sets win over QATAR! 25-20, 25-23, 25-21. Close games and they kind of tried different combinations also.

I'm so happy Otsuka got playing time in the first 2 sets, and he did really well. I'm happy with Miyaura's Seniors NT debut also, he is a high leaper and has very strong serve.