2021 U18 Girls World Championship

• If Alisha joins the NT coaching staff would that mean Erin gets the boot? I like Erin a lot but I would imagine having two setting coach is not really practical.

I don't think Alisha will join the NT... at least not over Erin. (as long as Karch is there)

Slabe was the defensive coordinator... idk who they're going to replace him with

• Might as well serve a few out of bounds. It's only the 5th set

• Turkey looks slow and unfocused... way too many tips finding the floor

I was wondering if it's just the way future big people play at this age. Slow and uncoordinated

• I didn't think that was going to happen. I was pulling for USA based on the libero and a few of the nicely hair accessorized brunettes. Way to go USA :thumbup:

• obviously Turkey would fail in a major tournament. once again turkey insists on playing with wing-spiker with 180-183 height and opposites that are weak. I honestly think Turkish players are physically bad, they jump little and are weak.

Bonus: I don't know how Turkey recruits so many low MB. I always watch Turkish MB with 180-186 cm and this goes against other good teams.

• obviously Turkey would fail in a major tournament. once again turkey insists on playing with wing-spiker with 180-183 height and opposites that are weak. I honestly think Turkish players are physically bad, they jump little and are weak.

Bonus: I don't know how Turkey recruits so many low MB. I always watch Turkish MB with 180-186 cm and this goes against other good teams.

Do you ever say anything positive about Turkey? lol

I don't think height is their problem. USA's outside hitters were 183 and 175. Their opposite isn't very good (well she's not even an opposite, she's an OH playing opp for this tournament)

I think if Turkey is going to improve it needs to be on floor defense and receive. They just didn't read the game well, too many tips were finding the floor. The libero needs to be more vocal and command the floor. Look at Choboy across the net, she was brilliant.

• Do you ever say anything positive about Turkey? lol

I don't think height is their problem. USA's outside hitters were 183 and 175. Their opposite isn't very good (well she's not even an opposite, she's an OH playing opp for this tournament)

I think if Turkey is going to improve it needs to be on floor defense and receive. They just didn't read the game well, too many tips were finding the floor. The libero needs to be more vocal and command the floor. Look at Choboy across the net, she was brilliant.

no Turkish player catches my attention. maybe melisa bukmen i like it.

maybe you don't follow Turkish u18 and u20 selections. it is clear that Turkey needs more physically fit and taller players. in the u18 and u20 selection the highest WG has 187.

• Turkey looked like they had some firepower but that was the worst defense I’ve seen in a long time

• You can't just make your teams taller, but you can train differently.

I'd surprised we don't see more teams/countries training the way USA does... meaning if you're an up and coming attacker, you're most likely going to be an OH, even if it means struggling in the short term.

Credit, that has led to our opposite problem... but finding good, all around OH's have never been an issue. They have been training to attack, defend, pass, etc. for years.

Too often tall players are left to be in the middle or opposite and they don't get the well-rounded skills from the get-go. Turkey lost today by not being able to defend the "donut"... that is fixable. Height isn't.

• defend the "donut".

Ha :) never heard that one before. I've always called it campfire defense

[edit] I also used to call it a "Denso". A few years ago they perfected group-watching a ball hit the floor :cheesy: