75–45

IG

Brilliant Aries 3–1 JA Gifu Rioreina

21-25

25-20

25-16

25-16

96–77

Sendai's off to a rough start, but Gunma and Prestige are two of the toughest teams. Pity we can't see them yet to see what's happening. A look at the stats: Yui Takano didn't play :what:, and Shion Ozawa (C) did not have a good game. Actually, nobody did, so they lost :)

• First Uni->V.League Transfer of the season has occurred. At first it's a head scratcher but ...

Miyu Okabe, setter for Juntendo, has signed with Chiba Angel Cross :|

She still has to play the All Japan Championship with Juntendo at the end of this month (not to mention finish her last year of college). Juntendo finished 4th in the recent Kanto Autumn League. They won it last year, and finished 4th in All Japan. They've been a good team while she was there

Chiba is one of those teams that's a career move, and volleyball is a perk. They're all into Health Care services. Miyu must have eyes on a career in Health Care. My guess is she approached them and that's why this happened so early

• 2021.11.06 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Forest Leaves Kumamoto 1–3 JA Gifu Rioreina

21-25

25-19

15-25

23-25

84–94

Breath Hamamatsu 1–3 Prestige International

25-23

13-25

22-25

19-25

79–98

Hiroshima Oilers 1–3 Gunma Bank Green Wings

25-21

18-25

18-25

19-25

80–96

IG

Ranna Shiraiwa finally had a game , sort of. High scorer 21/57

• GSS should be promoted to V1 just for having their own youtube livestream. Could improve on the quality but at least it's fully accessible

Mayu Oikawa's little sister is MB'ing for GSS tonight ... #18

• 2021.11.07 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats Highlights

Chiba Angel Cross 1–3 GSS Tokyo Sunbeams

25-18

22-25

23-25

22-25

92–93

YT

Gunma Bank 3–0 Forest Leaves Kumamoto

25-19

25-23

25-20

75–62

IG

Breath Hamamatsu 3–1 Brilliant Aries

27-25

20-25

26-24

25-21

98–95

Hiroshima Oilers 3–2 JA Gifu

22-25

18-25

27-25

25-23

15-11

107–109

I'm all for Breath Hamamatsu getting their shit together , but not at the expense of Captain Ami and her Brilliant Allies

Hamamatsu hasn't rostered their Mongolian MB, Khandsuren Gantogtokh, yet. No idea if it's injury or commitments in Mongolia where she's a coach of the youth team or something

• There's some camera glitches in the V2 vtv debut I hope aren't present in the VOD of this Brilliant Aries / Sendai match. Good cameras, great zooms, but some odd low angle choices ... which is the camera that keeps cutting out

Good match. I expect more from Sendai but they are new and learning the ropes

[-] Adorable half time show with mini-cheerleaders

• My favorite Sendai player --and I think their best all around player-- Yui Takano is only sub serving this match :(

• What is Sendai doing with this rotation of players? Egawa is a template southpaw OP playing OH. Shion Ozawa is template receiving OH playing OP . Yui Takano, lovely receiving OP is not playing. Killer OH Yu Watanabe is playing MB ?( Some new MB is playing OH

[-] They didn't really pay attention to the lineup. Everybody hit from where they wanted to. Egawa from the right, Watanabe from the left, that new MB from the middle, Shion from the left. There's probably name for what they are doing but I don't know what it is

• 2021.11.13 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Hiroshima Oilers 2–3 Chiba Angel Cross

23-25

20-25

26-24

25-14

7-15

101–103

Sendai 1–3 Brilliant Aries

23-25

21-25

25-20

18-25

87–95

Hiroshima had a few important players retire over the summer but it's still a big surprise Chiba beat them

It's a shame all the V2 matches are not being broadcasted :(

The stream for the Sendai match had a recurring problem of the camera cutting out for a second or two, and the "distribution is being adjusted" message popped up a few times. Other than that it was a pretty good stream. V2 streams have a 'home movie' feel I enjoy. The VOD is not up yet. I hope that's because somehow they will be able to repair the stream. I'll rewatch my two favorite teams go at it a few times :drink:

• This new Sendai MB is not bad but the chemistry of the team, and consequently the defense, is much better with Yui Takano on the floor and it lets Egawa play that HaHa faked you out you thought I was a middle blocker thing that's all the rage this year

• "Hey Mickey"

Worth the price of admission

• [Apology] November 14th (Sun) V2 Women's Tomigaya Tournament (Sendai vs GSS Tokyo) Video Trouble

• 2021.11.14 Results

Home [-] Away
    Set 1 Set 2 Set 3 Set 4 Set 5 Stats

Brilliant Aries 1–3 Prestige International

21-25

13-25

26-24

20-25

80–99

Sendai 0–3 GSS Tokyo Sunbeams

28-30

19-25

24-26

71–81

Disappointed in Sendai and Brilliant Aries so far. Both teams have played their first few matches with odd lineup choices. Not sure what the thinking is. Wish I could see more. Only three V2 matches have been broadcast and they've all been:

:cursing:

• The good news is: VTV cleaned up the streams for vod, almost eliminating the constant cutouts

The heartbreaking bad news is: the two Ligare Sendai matches that are up are the only ones they are going to stream this season. I won't get to see them after they get their shit together and win a match ;(

I love V2 <3

[Edit] Double heartbreaking: it's also the only two Brilliant Aries matches scheduled to be broadcast ;(;(

Aya Ishii, who belongs to this team, will not be involved in the game for a while because she will concentrate on rehabilitation due to injury surgery. We apologize for the inconvenience to our fans and all concerned, but we would appreciate it if you could keep an eye on us. We look forward to your continued support for the players and Brilliant Aries.

Aya is one of those 'soul of the team' players who's been there from the beginning. She was promoted to player-coach this year, which they announced before the start of the season. This injury news is news. Sometimes a player gets player-coach status as a way to not take a roster spot but still be with team at the sideline. Captain Ami got that last year (Miya Sato with Hitachi got it like that)

Get well soon Aya

• This lineup ties my brain cells in a knot:

• This lineup ties my brain cells in a knot:

simple answer, at the beginning of each set the libero has to be off the court for the rotation check. Once approved she can then enter to replace the middle.

Double simple answer: she doesn’t know what she is doing