Iran NT 2022

• Sensible choice. The depth of the squad is much improved upon the return of the injured players. Why is Sadat cut so soon?

• Sensible choice. The depth of the squad is much improved upon the return of the injured players. Why is Sadat cut so soon?

well looks like the coach didn't trust him that much from the beginning. (even though Esmaeilnejad was superb and probably he never had to change the OP to give a chance to Saadat)

personally I'm surprised that his list is this short. but looks like he already knew his team and the only question mark is in OH position. Salehi is still doubtful and Manavinejad is also recovering from an injury. I won't be surprised if he brings 3 MBs and 5 OHs to the Worlds though.

• now we know iran 22-man wide list for the World Championship. Saadat isn't there too, surprised to see Yali ahead of him!

those 16 players listed before + Daneshdoust (OH), Pajouman and Ramezani (S), Abedini (MB) and Gholipour (L) and Yali (OP)

• According to his own instagram, Salehi just started training with the ball only a few weeks ago and he doesn’t look fit at all, which is understandable, of course. I don’t think he would be ready in such short period but maybe they just want him to train with the team.

• According to his own instagram, Salehi just started training with the ball only a few weeks ago and he doesn’t look fit at all, which is understandable, of course. I don’t think he would be ready in such short period but maybe they just want him to train with the team.

Yeah, he uploaded a clip which he played shirtless with the ball. Very attractive.

• IRIVF just announced the roster for Islamic Solidarity Games in Turkey and most of the guys those were cut from the main team will play there including Saadat.

6 players from 22-man World Championship preliminary list are here too, Homayounfar, Daneshdoust, Pajouman, Ramezani, Gholipour and Yali

not a bad team but no way they can beat Turkey A team (if Turkey brings A team) Iran is grouped with Turkey, Qatar and Pakistan.

• IRIVF just announced the roster for Islamic Solidarity Games in Turkey and most of the guys those were cut from the main team will play there including Saadat.

6 players from 22-man World Championship preliminary list are here too, Homayounfar, Daneshdoust, Pajouman, Ramezani, Gholipour and Yali

not a bad team but no way they can beat Turkey A team (if Turkey brings A team) Iran is grouped with Turkey, Qatar and Pakistan.

Turkey probably won't send their A team. They are likely to send the team that played Mediterranean Games with a few additions from U22 team.

• So, it was reported Milad gave the captainship role to Seyed today but now it is said Seyed decided not to participate due to poor conditions. He also said he will rejoin should the conditions improved. I don’t think it is possible to replace him, by the way, as they sent the official roster.

I have read some things but I feel like somethings are lost in translation. Could you please explain the situation? mosi

• So, it was reported Milad gave the captainship role to Seyed today but now it is said Seyed decided not to participate due to poor conditions. He also said he will rejoin should the conditions improved. I don’t think it is possible to replace him, by the way, as they sent the official roster.

I have read some things but I feel like somethings are lost in translation. Could you please explain the situation? mosi

yeah this is more or less the same as you said. only few hours after announcing the 14-man roster for Wagner tournament in Poland (and later the Wch) Mousavi announced he withdrew from the team because of the situation in the camp! (to me that's utter nonsense)

speaking of possible rejoin, he was talking about future events, he is not returning for this World Championship. but I still wait to hear something from the coach, he didn't say anything yet after Mousavi's circus. some people think he is withdrawing because his favorite team's manager/director got fired few days ago. (he, Marouf and Mahmoudi boycotted 2016 Olympics opening ceremony to show their support for the same guy)

and Meysam Salehi is officially out of WCh squad. ;( remove Mousavi and Salehi from that 16-man list I wrote earlier and the remaining 14 players are traveling to Poland (actually 13 of them, Shahrouz Homayounfarmanesh is in Turkey with the B team and will join the team later)

according to the latest press conference (which was couple hours before Mousavi's announcement) Mojarrad is ready to play but Karimi is something like 80% ready. Salehi didn't make it

• Iran won Men Sitting Volleyball World Championship Gold Medal 2nd time in a row, 8th overall.

Iran-Bosnia Herzegovina 3-0.