Germany - VBL 1. Bundesliga 2022/23

• I think the team that wins on Wednesday will be German champion. That is my feeling. I don't think Stuttgart will catch up again this year by 1:2. I don't think the Stuttgart squad is capable of that this year.

However, if Stuttgart should win on Wednesday, I think they will be champions on Saturday. I don't think they would start that badly again in Potsdam on Saturday

• I think the team that wins on Wednesday will be German champion. That is my feeling. I don't think Stuttgart will catch up again this year by 1:2. I don't think the Stuttgart squad is capable of that this year.

However, if Stuttgart should win on Wednesday, I think they will be champions on Saturday. I don't think they would start that badly again in Potsdam on Saturday

You have the bad habit to criticize without a base, because first you wrote right after the game that Rivers “was really not good.” But actually she played better on saturday than in the first game: her attack % in the last game was 43% versus the 39% in the first game, but because Stuttgart won you didn’t say anything.

Same now, actually Stuttgart didn’t play that bad IMO, Potsdam played better than in the first game. Their biggest problem was the reception with 10 aces…I don’t think I ever saw a game of Potsdam with so many aces, and that didn’t happen in the last game.

If you see the last game, the numbers of Stuttgart are in general not significantly worse than in the first game, but just because “the underdog” won you say that Stuttgart played bad.

• And you always criticize every post here. Do you really want to tell me that Stuttgart played well? It was the total opposite of game 1. Maybe parts in sets 3 and 4 weren't played badly. But sets 1 and 2 were a disaster. And Krystal Rivers played poorly in sets 1 and 2, at least by her standards.

And then of course there's no coach like Aleksandersen, who simply has a certain personality on the sidelines. I always have the impression that Feray is totally overwhelmed. Say what you will about Hernandez, but he knows how to motivate a team

Potsdam played well, no question. I didn't write anywhere that Potsdam didn't play well. I really think Potsdam can win the whole thing. Potsdam plays very good and attractive volleyball

• Frauke Neuhaus signed with the wildcard team of the new 2nd league pro, "Binder Blaubären Flacht" :what: They also announced Julia Wenzel. Looks like they're serious about their project, for 2nd league those are very good players.

Elena Kömmling renewed her contract in Münster.

• 🤣🤣🤣

This girl remembers how she was playing???

And she criticise all the time someone?

Yes, she is very good at criticizing others. I'm also not a big fan of Kim Renkema.

In the end, does the wear and tear of strength decide?

Renkema: It's quite possible, which is why I'm a little worried.

Why?

Renkema: Because we have an outstanding player in Krystal Rivers, whose physical substance is enormously affected by such a series.

If you're afraid that a player who gets rested so many times during the season won't be able to play a best of 5 series, you need another player.

• It's the same every year, they find excuses before maybe losing the title :roll: Everybody knows the schedule is hell, but it's the same for everybody, and it's even worse in other countries. In Turkey and Italy the finals are in two-day-rhythm which is even far worse than what we have here.

I can't judge if Renkema does a good job in her actual job, but she sure does a good job in making Stuttgart very hard to like :whistle:

• It's the same every year, they find excuses before maybe losing the title :roll: Everybody knows the schedule is hell, but it's the same for everybody, and it's even worse in other countries. In Turkey and Italy the finals are in two-day-rhythm which is even far worse than what we have here.

I can't judge if Renkema does a good job in her actual job, but she sure does a good job in making Stuttgart very hard to like :whistle:

Yes! She's quite arrogant.

No team from Italy or Türkiye would sign Krystal Rivers under these circumstances. Especially with the foreigner restrictions. Sometimes she doesn't even have to go to away games. That would be unimaginable in other countries.

And if no one has told Renkema yet: Potsdam and Stuttgart have the same schedule for the games

• Frauke Neuhaus signed with the wildcard team of the new 2nd league pro, "Binder Blaubären Flacht" :what: They also announced Julia Wenzel. Looks like they're serious about their project, for 2nd league those are very good players.

Elena Kömmling renewed her contract in Münster.

I expect a pretty good and hard-faught second league - wait, until we see, which players are signed by Stralsund, Borken, Dingolfing, Erfurt, Straubing or Leverkusen, to name a few.

• The teams have been confirmed for the 2nd Bundesliga, which will be the third-highest league in German women's volleyball from next season.

2. Bundesliga Nord:
    • BBSC Berlin
    • VCO Berlin (special game right)
    • SV Energie Cottbus (wildcard; previously regional league, 4th league)
    • SV Blau-Weiß Dingden
    • SCU Emlichheim
    • Team 48 Hildesheim (additional promoted from the third division West)
    • USC Münster II (additional promoted from the third division West)
    • VCO Münster (special game right)
    • BSV Ostbevern
    • VfL Oythe
    • SC Potsdam II (rule promoted from the third division North)
    • Schweriner SC II
    • RC Sorpesee (rule promoted from the third division West)
    2. Bundesliga Süd
    • TV Altdorf
    • TG Bad Soden
    • proWin Volleys TV Holz (rule promoted from the third division East)
    • SV Karlsruhe-Beiertheim
    • SV Lohhof
    • Barock Volleys MTV Ludwigsburg (wildcard; previously regional league, 4th league)
    • DJK Sportbund München-Ost (rule promoted from the third division Ost)
    • TSV Turnerbund München (additional promoted from the third division Ost)
    • TV Planegg-Krailling
    • BSP Stuttgart (special game right)
    • TSV Unterhaching
    • Rote Raben Vilsbiburg II
    • VC Wiesbaden II

Link: Meilenstein auf dem Weg zur Staffelzusammensetzung der 2. Volleyball Bundesligen für die Spielzeit 2023/24 erreicht

• Stuttgart with a very good performance in 1st set, again the contribution of the MBs has been crucial. Rivers' block scares the hell out of Potsdam's OHs so Van Aalen had to overload Nemeth. Potsdam served well when they had the chance, but Stuttgart still found ways to score in difficult situations.

Rivers 7/10 vs Nemeth 2/13 :gone:

• It's just one of many factors, but today for me Bongaerts is very clearly the winner of the Dutch setter battle. Very good distribution with high quality and playing very calm, on the other side Van Aalen is just as nervous and out of rhythm as her whole team :white: