Chinese Female Superleague 2022/2023 (with 2022 Chinese National Championship)

• just admit it, you dont care about result, you are here for Lazovic :lol:

You’re right of course, but tell me how did you figure it out :lol:

Actually I was caught in a difficult situation today. My two favourites faced each other across the net (Lazovic and Du Qingqing) I had to show that I love them both equally

:heart:

But seriously, I think Lazovic is one of the most beautiful women in the world, and an incredible volleyball player too. Not just good looking, she seems to have this inner beauty...always pleasant and cheerful looking and trying to encourage her teammates and lift their spirits when things aren’t going right :rose:

We are lucky to have her playing in the CVL...

Photo source:YouTube

• The CVL continues tomorrow with the champion/runners-up and rankings series (best of three)

The Schedule is as follows :

Times are gmt +8

6 Jan

15:00 Beijing vs. Liaoning. (positions 7, 8 first leg)

17:00. Jiangsu vs. Shandong. (positions 5,6 ...first leg)

19:30. Shenzhen vs. Fujian. (positions, 3,4 ...first leg)

7 Jan

13:00. Beijing vs Liaoning. (positions 7,8...second leg)

15:00. Jiangsu. vs. Shandong (positions 5,6...second leg)

17:00. Shenzhen. vs Fujian (positions 3,4...second leg)

19:30. Tianjin. vs. Shanghai (positions 1,2...first leg)

8 Jan

13:00. Beijing vs Liaoning. (positions 7,8...final leg, if required)

15:00. Jiangsu. vs. Shandong (positions 5,6...final leg, if required)

17:00. Shenzhen. vs Fujian (positions 3,4...final leg, if required)

19:30. Tianjin. vs. Shanghai (positions 1,2...second leg)

9 Jan

19:00. Tianjin vs. Shanghai (positions 1,2...final leg if required

Final matches (single round robin) for positions 9 -14 have been played and the final placings (unofficial) are as follows:

9. Henan 5/5 (five wins in 5 matches)

10. Zhejiang 4/5

11. Guangdong 3/5

12. Sichuan 2/5

13. Hebei. 1/5

14. Yunnan 0/5

• Julian Chow How has Zhang Shiqi been playing this season so far? I haven't watched Tianjin's matches for obvious reasons, but I seen some articles comparing her to Xu Yunli. lol

Lyy and Vargas dominate the action so much that we don't get to see much of other players...including ZSQ eventhough she's in their starting six. She is ok at blocking and I have seen her spike a few times...I would pick her over Yang HY anytime, but she's not as quick and agile as Xu, who can do combinations and slides effectively. Perhaps the only thing they have in common is that both are tall at 1.96cm. Maybe we'll see more of her against attack minded Shanghai tomorrow :cheesy:

• Lyy and Vargas dominate the action so much that we don't get to see much of other players...including ZSQ eventhough she's in their starting six. She is ok at blocking and I have seen her spike a few times...I would pick her over Yang HY anytime, but she's not as quick and agile as Xu, who can do combinations and slides effectively. Perhaps the only thing they have in common is that both are tall at 1.96cm. Maybe we'll see more of her against attack minded Shanghai tomorrow :cheesy:

I remember seeing her in Guangdong couple seasons ago and with her towering height I thought she could be a developmental piece for the NT someday. Maybe not the main NT, but B/C Team rosters for smaller tournaments. Both her and Xu have that tall and strong build frame as opposed to the tall and skinny so I could see that being the reason they compared each other.

• At least these 2 teams are motivated and eager to win...they fought right until the end. In an earlier match for 7/8 placing, after one set all, Beijing sent in all their reserves and basically told Liaoning "ok...you can have it, all yours" :white:

3rd place give you podium, probable dont mater if is 7 or 8. For example in serbian league, top8 clubs dont play first round of cup next season.

• Would you believe I couldn't find it (live streaming) the other day. The top 8 competition was having a rest day and I wanted to watch Wang Yifan play. And Just prior to writing this reply, I tried again...still no luck. Sorry

It's ok, I'll try bilibili in a couple days and see if anyone uploads there.

For Guangdong I mainly wanted to watch Wang Yifan, but Zhejiang also has some good youngsters to keep an eye on too. Chen Xiyue (2005) was their big scorer in this match.

• It's ok, I'll try bilibili in a couple days and see if anyone uploads there.

For Guangdong I mainly wanted to watch Wang Yifan, but Zhejiang also has some good youngsters to keep an eye on too. Chen Xiyue (2005) was their big scorer in this match.

I remembered watching Chen play alongside Wang Yindi in the Asian u18 tournament last year..I was impressed.

Zhejiang also have MB Liu Yu? I think she can move her hands mid-air to track the ball movement, a la Yanni. I think maybe Xue Yizhe and surprisingly, Yang Jia of Jiangsu can do that too.

Speaking of Jiangsu, they had a horrible outing against Shandong yesterday. Poor performance overall, especially reception and passing. Shandong did have one of their better days with Wang Mengjie, Cleger and Du QQ doing a good job :)