75th All-Japan High School Championship 2023 (Jan 4–8)

• #3 on Japan Airlines, who's signed to Gunma Bank, is a vibe killer

• Japan Air wins the Tie Break and moves on, despite #3 who did come through towards the end of the match. Their super hero middle blocker looks like she might be related to Kotona Hayashi

Meanwhile Furukawa Gaukuen has this super skinny southpaw OP who's a little pit bull: Ayaka Minamidate probably. I think we're still working on the last name

• Defending Champion Shujitsu also with positive cases and won’t play :mad::white:

bummer bummer :(

• volleyb are watching the Hikami / Hachio match? I missed the play but it looked like #5 on Hachio took a pretty serious facial that bloodied her mouth big time (at about 13–15, I think) Did you see it?

• This Hachio MB, Yuki Noda, that Denso just signed looks pretty good, slides and quicks. Swings tough enough and even blocks a little

• Shinai OH #4 has got that body force twirl swing thing down. Most of that team does it. They must teach it there

• Don't forget they play the Quarterfinals right after the 3rd Round ends tonight

• The tiny freshman #6 on Higashi rules :heart:

• These Jonan OHs will not give up :obey:

• Jonan Coach gave the best coach pep talk ever when Jonan went down 23–24 in the second set. He said something in a foreign language and just beat on his chest. Heart . That's what you got kids. Show it to me

Jonan takes the set 34–32 against the big bully Higashi squad with the awesome little freshman

• I enjoyed that 2nd set! What a fight! :super:

Jonan showed a little punch power there but in the end didn't have the passing or block coverage to go along with it

• Seems like they rig the brackets so the same teams advance every year :| I'm gonna have to say goodbye to my Airline Girls

Ai Otomo's kid is pretty good. Can hit from all over the place

• Ai Otomo's kid is pretty good. Can hit from all over the place

She blocks at center but hits from left a lot of times and even had some back attacks. Promising! It's interesting for me that she is listed as MB/S in the recent U19 Training Camp by JVA.

For reference, Emily / Emiri is listed there as OPP which is not surprising since she hits almost all the time in the right as an MB anyway :lol:

• She blocks at center but hits from left a lot of times and even had some back attacks. Promising! It's interesting for me that she is listed as MB/S in the recent U19 Training Camp by JVA.

She's got passing skill ... but ... setter :/

They set OOS balls to her in the back row :lol:

(They did that with Arina Tsutsumi, too, but ...)