75th All-Japan High School Championship 2023 (Jan 4–8)

• Time to settle in for some comedy relief from Shinae Girls MB #5 :rose:

• First couple quarterfinals are gonna be:

Kinrankai v Kyoei

Higashi :box: Furukawa

• The brief ;( moments at the end of some of these matches are touching

• Hachioji Jissen just killed their opponent :lol: Too strong for them.

17 points in two sets. I was rooting for Saga to make it to double digits in set 2 but it wasn't to be :white:

• Takamatsu Minami's defense is making me angry :cursing: I want a Shinae/Mie QF

• Tragic . Mie got tired. You can't do that in high school :white:

QFs:

Kinrankai v Kyoei

Higashi :box: Furukawa

SEIE v Hachio jissen

Shinai v Takamatsu

One of Higashi or Furukawa goes home at QFs 8|

• Miku Akimoto is special. I'm now a fan. Still far from being a beast attacker, but I like her choice of attack angles and movement on court. :heart:

Agree. I believe she is a freshman but I thought she played last year. Maybe it was this summer. Kyoei is double teaming Anna, giving her problems

The firepower in the Higashi/Furukawa match makes that Mie/Takamatsu match look like high school :lol:

Furukawa #1 & #10 will be pretty good pickups for V.League. #10 is their sleeper weapon, imo, defense and offense :rose:

It's too bad these QFs are still 3 set matches. This Tie Break between Higashi and Furukawa is going to be intense. Two lopsided sets so far

• At 23–23 Kyoei's coach calls a timeout and makes his players laugh :heart:

• Higashi's going home. That was a bizarre match [17 - 25, 25 - 15, 15 - 25]

I'm okay with because I like the Furukawa players more but their coach is a BIG ASSHOLE

Kyoei and Kinrankai Tie Break as well :box:

• If Miku gets tired Kyoei will nose dive

• She's made a couple funny blunders there with that serve and then the free ball that didn't go over the net :white:

• Nose dive

• Anna's blocking Miku now :white:

• Looks like the first SF match between Kinrankai and SEIE is going to start on time ... in about 20 minutes

The first man match went full set but the second one looked like a blowout to make up for it

[edit] 14:35 jst

• Anna Uemura is taking this match seriously. It's frightening :)