Poland - Tauron Liga 2023/24

• In this season, games of the 2nd divison will be stream on Polsat. Probably one match in each round.

They will probably stream 1 game per round, and it will be during the weekend (Sunday or Saturday) at 12:00.

• They will probably stream 1 game per round, and it will be during the weekend (Sunday or Saturday) at 12:00.

But does that mean they will stream every Touron Liga match on the TV and they will stop with the Polsat Go streams with the commentary of that guy who barely can form a sentence or half-asleep Sadurek, that crash every two seconds ? Or we will get 3 matches of each round plus one additional match from the second division? Because if that's the case then it sucks

• But does that mean they will stream every Touron Liga match on the TV and they will stop with the Polsat Go streams with the commentary of that guy who barely can form a sentence or half-asleep Sadurek

I don't think so. I belive they will broadcast 3 games per round and rest of them on Polsat Box Go.

Anyway, it might be even hard sometimes to broadcast 3 games per round as Plus Liga starts later than usual and ends earlier, and according to deal made by Polsat, all those games have to be broadcasted.

And btw, this guy is press officer in polish volleyball federation lol

• I don't think so. I belive they will broadcast 3 games per round and rest of them on Polsat Box Go.

Anyway, it might be even hard sometimes to broadcast 3 games per round as Plus Liga starts later than usual and ends earlier, and according to deal made by Polsat, all those games have to be broadcasted.

And btw, this guy is press officer in polish volleyball federation lol

And you would think that after the success of the girls in VNL something would change, I guess they have to win the Olympics for this mistreatment to stop:down:

• And you would think that after the success of the girls in VNL something would change, I guess they have to win the Olympics for this mistreatment to stop:down:

I don't think even winning the Olympics would help. Even many fans still claim that playing for the national team is not the same as playing in the league (even though most players playing for the national team also play in the Polish league)

• And you would think that after the success of the girls in VNL something would change, I guess they have to win the Olympics for this mistreatment to stop:down:

Polsat made a deal to broadcast in average at least 3 games per round and that contract is valid until end of season 2027/28.

• I understand that some of us can be mad at Polsat, but let's be realistic - the level of the lower part of the table is just very weak and these matches are boring and hard to watch even for the fans. Will it be helpful to promote women's volleyball? I don't think so. Let's look at the rosters of Mielec, Tarnów, Wrocław or Bydgoszcz - their matches will be at junior level.

The only thing I can't stand is the selection of matches to broadcast - of course every team deserves to show its games, but how they can skip the matches of medal contenders and show us the game against to the weakest teams? And of course PolsatBox needs to work better or became free. Btw, their decision to show 2nd division games is a surpring but promising step.

• Let's look at the rosters of Mielec, Tarnów, Wrocław or Bydgoszcz - their matches will be at junior level.

You can add Opole to this list :D

And of course PolsatBox needs to work better or became free. Btw, their decision to show 2nd division games is a surpring but promising step.

The games for sure won't be free. There was a free option to watch some of Polsat shows, but recently it has been changed to paid subscription.

So, right now you can't watch any of Polsat shows/games/whatever for free.

Speaking of second division, I am afraid that this 'one game per round' will be broadcasted by Polsat Box Go. Sokół Mogilno is supposed to play their first game on Sunday, Oct 1 at 12:00 due to live transmission, but this game is not included in any of Polsat Sport channels...

• The Uni staff is not as young as it may seem. The advantage of this squad may be the fact that the team includes players who have something to prove to their former employers. It's hard to call Kasia Zaroslińska or Kasia Połeć juniors 🤷‍♂️

• They will probably stream 1 game per round, and it will be during the weekend (Sunday or Saturday) at 12:00.

Those second division games won't be streamed by Polsat Sport. They will be available on youtube.

And yes, the teams will have to play the broadcasted games at 12:00 :D

• Those second division games won't be streamed by Polsat Sport. They will be available on youtube.

And yes, the teams will have to play the broadcasted games at 12:00 :D

Honestly they shouldn't even bother. Most teams in the 2nd devision have their own broadcasters and the quality is usually better than Polsat Box Go streams

• I think it's time to bet on the upcoming season :woohoo:

1-3

For sure there will be Chemik, Rzeszów and ŁKS. I think Chemik has the biggest chances to win the championship beacuse its roster is very deep and they can rotate players frequently. Nobody will be tired and overused. Grajber as a libero is a question mark but I think she will deliver anyway. ŁKS may have problems without Górecka, their reception line will be messy (a great opportunity for Piasecka to prove her worth) and it may be hard even for Roberta to make something extra. I'm also not convinced by Amanda, I think it may be a flop transfer. Of course they have Diouf, who probably once again will be the best OPP in the league, amazing middles, but this time it may be not enough. Rzeszów without Blagojević will be a totally different team, I'm not sure if Coneo will be able to replece her. Another issue - Orvosova, she has so many ups and downs during the season, and Kowalska is not a good substitution. I hope Makarowska and Szlagowska will play at least a few games and Centka will continue her improvement.

4-8

Budowlani and Radomka will fight for the semis. Budowlani's game will depend on Łazowska/Polak and Bjelica's form. I hope May can help Mitrović in the reception, Andrea is great in attack but has so many problems with receiving. I'm so curious how Bjelica will cope. She may be the biggest star but also a huge dissapointment. Łysiak as an only libero is a risky idea, she is very injury prone. Radomka finally has a decent roster, Gałkowska is more than enough for our league, hiring Scholzel was a brilliant idea, Howe played great during VNL and I really like this move, especially since she is a player who is constantly developing, and not ,,a forgotten star'' like they used to hire. On the other hand Łyczakowska as first setter is a bold move, but she played quite stable in Tarnów with much worse roster around her. I think Bielsko won't make so many surprises like they did during last season. I'm really looking forward to watch Laak's performances and Pacak is a quite a solid replacement for Pierzchała, Bidias will be an added value too. I wonder if Nowicka will be able to repeat such a stable season. Kalisz will be a mess, probably they will have many troubles during the season with the injuries (all of their 3 MBs are really injury prone). They should invest in a better OH or MB instead of two really solid OPPs. But maybe Rasińska will become OH once again? About Opole, I'm so curious about Zaroślińska's form, it will be probably her last season, setters duo is very promising, middles are great and I think that Ana Karina may be a great deal, especially in attack. A second OH will be a problem (big problem) though.

9-12

Wrocław, Tarnów, Mielec and Bydgoszcz will fight to stay in the league, but their rosters are just a joke. Wrocław will survive only because of Szczurowska, but I feel sorry for her because there is nobody else who can score during the games. She will be so tired, but maybe her performances will result in a good transfer for the next season. Tarnów at least has quite a deep roster, but I hope Dzaković won't hurt anyone :lol: I'm afraid that their financial problems will affect them again and they won't finish the season, but of course I wish them well. Mielec has a pretty solid team for a debut season, especially Lymareva is a great move, with better OPP they could be more dangerous, although Gierszewska is an interesting player, maybe she will surprise us. I don't know what can I say about Bydgoszcz's roster with 2 MBs... Because of the experienced players in their team they will probably survive once again... I'll keep my fingers crossed for Lipska to get back on track. If I had to bet, I would say Tarnów will be out.

In the second division Piła, Białystok, Mogilno and Sosnowiec have quite solid rosters and I hope one of these teams will advance to TauronLiga. Probably Białystok is ready to fight hard for this, if they are arleady hiring an italian setter.

• But maybe Rasińska will become OH once again?

They were practising with Dajana playing as OH and Rasińska as opposite :D

In the second division Piła, Białystok, Mogilno and Sosnowiec have quite solid rosters and I hope one of these teams will advance to TauronLiga. Probably Białystok is ready to fight hard for this, if they are arleady hiring an italian setter.

I believe that Mogilno and Piła would like to win this all. Sokół's management is working to sign new sponsorships deals and they want to hire some additional players this year.

• They were practising with Dajana playing as OH and Rasińska as opposite :D

I believe that Mogilno and Piła would like to win this all. Sokół's management is working to sign new sponsorships deals and they want to hire some additional players this year.

They should practise with Drużkowska as MB, I don't remember when Efimienko or Cygan played the whole season without any health problems so it should be helpful :lol: