Japan - V.League V1 (Division 1, Women) 2023-2024

• She's been mostly missing from action (still with PFU) since about mid season last year. Unknown why

My theory is that she wants out and is opting not to play until she can transfer

• My theory is that she wants out and is opting not to play until she can transfer

Interesting. Is there some reason you know about that she couldn't have opted to transfer this past summer? I think I understand PFU helped her with some things, papers-wise, and maybe there's something about that? Like I think there was some rule about getting a green card, or whatever they call it, is that you have to play with the team for a couple years?

• The Real Yoshino Sato to Prestige International Aranmare please :heart:

• Interesting. Is there some reason you know about that she couldn't have opted to transfer this past summer? I think I understand PFU helped her with some things, papers-wise, and maybe there's something about that? Like I think there was some rule about getting a green card, or whatever they call it, is that you have to play with the team for a couple years?

I don't know when exactly that started or how long one should wait until they can acquire citizenship but considering how PFU didn't have any players in the NT wide roster this year is kind of suspicious to me. I want her to make a big move like Nishimura and go to one of the top 3 teams. It's great that PFU agreed to help her but at the same time any club would've done that much for her

• That rally full of great digs was also V2 Prestige :drink:

• I don't know when exactly that started or how long one should wait until they can acquire citizenship but considering how PFU didn't have any players in the NT wide roster this year is kind of suspicious to me. I want her to make a big move like Nishimura and go to one of the top 3 teams. It's great that PFU agreed to help her but at the same time any club would've done that much for her

I think there was a timing thing. There was maybe a little hype for PFU that year they upgraded with transfers, and, at the time, PFU had to sign her as a full Class C Import. They essentially sent Acosta to Denso for a year so they could sign her

I believe your theory tho. And think she will be better served with a better team. She's still young

• I just checked the JT / PFU scoreboard. PFU won the first set and are up 23–22 in set 2 :what:

I rejoined the match at this point.. PFU could have gone 2:0. At 23-22, PFU setter gave the ball to no.35, but she hit out. 23-23, there was a rally and the ball was set to no.35 again, it was picked up by JT defenders. At this point, the JT blockers, including Jaja stayed on their right side expecting another attack there... The attack came and was blocked. 23-24. Both the PFU attacker at their position 2 and 4T on the back row were ready to pounce on any deliveries on their right side or the centre, but it never came :(

• i would really hate to see them leave v1 i think they can make a remarkable progress if they stay

Speaking of Valdes, the status of Prestige's Mesomachi Okekearu is unknown to me. She went to HS in Japan like Valdes, but I have seen her listed as Class C import on the Internets

So, whether or not they can hire an import is unknown. If they had at least a half- bomber at OH it would help a lot. It did just occur to me that Yoshino Sato would be great for them. I know the idea doesn't flip your pancakes, but I would like it :)

• They'll probably win fighting spirit award and beat Okayama in the end. This sort of mix up levels the competition with some teams dropping to v2 and other v2 teams experiencing v1 I like it

if they survive this season, they should start by getting taller competent mbs

tbh is this supposed to be the new super league now? i aint feeling anything new aside from the round robin difference

• miyu is holding her first super exclusive fanmeet at a pub lmao who tf does that ...this woman

i thought that was not allowed considering most fans are underage or have lil kids and she really said aint no lil kids coming cuz we all drinking :lol:

this could go wrong in so many ways but i assume most pubs in japan are chill?

• They'll probably win fighting spirit award and beat Okayama in the end. This sort of mix up levels the competition with some teams dropping to v2 and other v2 teams experiencing v1 I like it

Yes, yes they probably will win the fighting spirit award, but can they beat someone else.. I’m quite fond of Amika Saiki and the others at Okayama :heart:

:lol:

• if they survive this season, they should start by getting taller competent mbs

tbh is this supposed to be the new super league now? i aint feeling anything new aside from the round robin difference

I know it doesn't matter much to V1 but Prestige as a team and their MBs (#4 and #7) were top-o-the-line the past few years (in V2). Meso also added to their block line--She won the blocking award last year, #4 won it the previous two tears in a row. I think they're fine, good, actually. The new MB #12 looks like the best attacker now. Blocking will come later :).

You need a quick catch up on the SV.League. Briefly, it starts next year. There is no Challenge match at the end of this season, and no more relegation. Essentially there is no more V1 and V2 after this year

The deadline for applying to SV.League is the end of this month. So far Himeji is the only team that V.League has announced as having applied and accepted. And know: it's about money and business model--and having a HOME arena that really matter

• Speaking of Home Arenas, PFU announced they've secured theirs. It's called something like Miso Soup PFU Bluecats Arena, scheduled to open next spring

• this could go wrong in so many ways but i assume most pubs in japan are chill?

A lot of pubs in Japan come with their own Talent. A friend of mine visiting Shinjuku recently sent me this pic

• JT is so consistent. If you beat them in a set they get angry about it and beat you back

JT 3–1 PFU