CEV U22 European Championship 2024

• Yes Austria vs Turkey

https://volej.tv/video/339/

Very good play by turkey. Looks like a balanced team. 2003-2004 seems to be a Better combination for turkey rather than 2002-2003 generation. Curious what kind of player Ipar will develop into after NCAA, I don't think she will continue after college 😞

• Damn, how on earth will decide who are 3 best 2nd placed teams. :aww:

Israel returning favor for cev giing them money for euro volley for men :aww:

Seems like they have no money.

If I am not mistaken, they were supposed to play women Eurovolley this year, but decided not to take part and Switzerland replaces them.

• Very good play by turkey. Looks like a balanced team. 2003-2004 seems to be a Better combination for turkey rather than 2002-2003 generation. Curious what kind of player Ipar will develop into after NCAA, I don't think she will continue after college 😞

İpar is playing OH in NT after a long time. She was used as OPP most of the time. Let's hope she will continue to play. I think she said she would to complete her education in NCAA and continue to play.

I'm surprised Pelin Eroktay didn't make it to roster. Also Melisa Bükmen supposed to be on roster but she didn't play and her name wasn't on stats sheet. I wonder if she got injured or something.

• İpar is playing OH in NT after a long time. She was used as OPP most of the time. Let's hope she will continue to play. I think she said she would to complete her education in NCAA and continue to play.

I'm surprised Pelin Eroktay didn't make it to roster. Also Melisa Bükmen supposed to be on roster but she didn't play and her name wasn't on stats sheet. I wonder if she got injured or something.

Pelin is extremely slow, basically Polen 2.0. she get opportunities because of her height at a young age but at this age group her physical advantage is not enough to make the cut. Beren is a more versatile player at the age of 18. I wish she was a few cm taller (I don't think she is 186 as it is claimed on some websites). Melisa is the only promising outside from 2004 generation. However her reception is too shaky to cover her lack of height. So I have doubts about her transition to senior level.

Ipar has the perfect body and talent to play as OH if she could improve her reception a bit. She is coming from best highschool in turkey and now going to study in one of the best colleges in USA. I heard she is passionate about her academic career that's why I said I don't expect her to continue her career as a Pro volleyball player(like many other Turkish players who went to NCAA). Hope to be proven wrong because she is very talented.

What do you think about our liberos? I'm not particularly impressed with neither of them but it would be great to get some prospects at this position. Liberos from our previous generations turned out to be disappointments (Dilara bağcı, Melisa memiş, Simay kurt)

• I only mentioned Pelin bcz only Beren is actually an OPP, others are OH. I know she isn't great but she is lefty, tall. If she didn't make it here she must be in awful shape.

I think Selin Adalı and Zeynep Palabıyık are good liberos. I'm sure with time they will be much better.

Apparently Melisa Bükmen got injured in the last training :(

• CEV U22 European Championship 2024

2003 and younger

1-6.7 in Taranto and Lecce (Italy)

Teams:

1st seed: Serbia, Italy

2nd seed: Turkiye, Poland

3rd seed: Ukraine, Portugal

4th seed: Latvia, Czech Republic

Drawing of lots will be held 18.1.2024 in Luxembourg at 11:00

This competition is 10 days after VNL so i hope we will go with full force(or at least just without Uzelac) this year. Last time for this generation to play together after last year unfortunate events...

• Wow! I'm surprised that Latvia and Czechia made it instead of other European powerhouses like Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France. Was there a qualification tournament for this? Turkey has a good 2003-2004 generation indeed, I'm curious who will get the invite

• Wow! I'm surprised that Latvia and Czechia made it instead of other European powerhouses like Netherlands, Germany, Belgium and France. Was there a qualification tournament for this? Turkey has a good 2003-2004 generation indeed, I'm curious who will get the invite

Yes, there was. Serbia and Turkiye won qualification tournaments.

This time I will not expecting noting from Serbia after last time fiasco with roster choices. After all we won qualification with b team, I will not be surprised if they give them one more tournament to play.

Off topic, I am interested to see if Turkiye will call dilay for u20 qualifications in Ankara, she is 2005. Curious if Ankara Kay will allow it.

• Yes, there was. Serbia and Turkiye won qualification tournaments.

This time I will not expecting noting from Serbia after last time fiasco with roster choices. After all we won qualification with b team, I will not be surprised if they give them one more tournament to play.

Off topic, I am interested to see if Turkiye will call dilay for u20 qualifications in Ankara, she is 2005. Curious if Ankara Kay will allow it.

The Turkish clubs are obliged to let players go whenever they are called for NT. So Karayollari doesn't have any other options than letting Dilay (and most likely Eylul as well) go in case they are called.

Turkey won gold medal in 2020 with 2002-2003 generation. Now the generation rules changed so it will be for 2003-2004. Turkey's two best players (Ipar Kurt and Zeynep Palabiyik as well as Yasemin Narlioglu) from 2003-2004 are playing in NCAA so most likely they won't join to NT :( And Melisa Bukmen (2004) is playing as a starter in Prometey which will play CL play offs so I doubt her club would let her go. Same for Iklimya Demir who is playing in Azerrail

For me best roster would be the following players (all playing either in Vodafone Sultanlar ligi or 1st league)

Setters

Ozge Aslanalp (2004)

Dilay Ozdemir (2005)

Opposites

Pelin Eroktay (2003)

Beren Yesilirmak (2005)

Defne Basyolcu (2006)

Outside Hitters

Ipar Kurt (2003)

Melisa Bukmen (2004)

Fatma Iklimya Demir (2004)

Miray Gozubuyuk (2004)

Eylul Durgun (2005)

Liza Safronova (2006)

Eslem Yilmaz (2007)

Middleblockers:

Karmen Aksoy (2003)

Sude Naz Uzun (2003)

Bengisu Aygun (2004)

Berka Buse Ozden (2004)

Begun Kacmaz (2007)

Liberos:

Selin Adali (2003)

Zeynep Palabiyik (2004)

Yasemin Narlioglu (2004)

Berre Ince (2004)

Normally this tournament is for 2003-2004 generation but I added some promising players from 2005-2006 and 2007 too since they are already better than most of the older players. I've marked players that probably won't be available for this tournament. Most of the players above are starter in their clubs at such a young age. Some of these can even be added to senior NT wide roster for VNL (Dilay Ozdemir or Bengisu Aygun)

I wonder what roster Italy will bring. Ituma (RIP) was their best players. I wonder how other players developed in a year.

• No you are mistaken, 2005 and 2006 play qualification now in Ankara

So bukmen and cl schedule don't matter, this u22 tournament is 1 july

Oh right, I confused the dates of these two tournaments indeed. In this case even NCAA players can join!:dance4: