Homophobia is allowed?

• Yesterday, Ebrar was called "walking haram" on this forum. If you don't know what it means, try google.

-will be the user get a ban?

-will the post get deleted?

or nothing will be done cause it's free to call turkish users as "taliban" on this forum and now it's also free to throw homophobic slurs to turkish players?

• I was going to report it when I first saw it...then I remember what happened with my previous experience with reporting? Matthias how should I proceed this time?

• Are you aware that the guy who made the Taliban comment is in fact banned?

My understanding of “haram” is that it’s a sinful act of some kind, clearly it doesn’t refer specifically to homosexuality. He could be referring to other aspects of her behaviour that have been criticised by many people on here. Your interpretation that the comment was homophobic could be right too but I am a mod, not a mind-reader and it would be inappropriate for me to ban users based on the most damning interpretation of their comments.

• My understanding of “haram” is that it’s a sinful act of some kind, clearly it doesn’t refer specifically to homosexuality. He could be referring to other aspects of her behaviour that have been criticised by many people on here. Your interpretation that the comment was homophobic could be right too but I am a mod, not a mind-reader and it would be inappropriate for me to ban users based on the most damning interpretation of their comments.

Sorry, my bad. Even though I have been living in a Muslim-majority country for two-thirds of my life, I could not understand what the user actually meant by 'HARAM'. The evil in me must have spoken out :gone:

• Sorry, my bad. Even though I have been living in a Muslim-majority country for two-thirds of my life, I could not understand what the user actually meant by 'HARAM'. The evil in me must have spoken out :gone:

No, I suggest you reread my post. I never said that you or anyone else didn’t understand what he meant. I actually said that I couldn’t be sure and I can’t take action against a user until I am sure. I have not lived in a Muslim-majority country and I accept that you have a better understanding of it than me. My understanding of the term is that it can be used to refer to a number of behaviours that are considered to be unacceptable by some, not specifically homosexuality. Is this incorrect?

• No, I suggest you reread my post. I never said that you or anyone else didn’t understand what he meant. I actually said that I couldn’t be sure and I can’t take action against a user until I am sure. I have not lived in a Muslim-majority country and I accept that you have a better understanding of it than me. My understanding of the term is that it can be used to refer to a number of behaviours that are considered to be unacceptable by some, not specifically homosexuality. Is this incorrect?

Screaming into some other people and behaving rude WOULD NOT be called haram.

To be able to call something haram, IT SHOULD BE AGAINST RELIGION. (Mostly against strict rules, such as pre marriage sex, lgbt, drinking alcohol, eating pork...etc)

• No, I suggest you reread my post. I never said that you or anyone else didn’t understand what he meant. I actually said that I couldn’t be sure and I can’t take action against a user until I am sure. I have not lived in a Muslim-majority country and I accept that you have a better understanding of it than me. My understanding of the term is that it can be used to refer to a number of behaviours that are considered to be unacceptable by some, not specifically homosexuality. Is this incorrect?

In this case, I also think this is a homophobic comment. Haram is not used for a rude behavior, İslam doesn't particularly ban being rude to an opponent but it does homosexual act. Considering the fact that Ebrar is an open queer figure, this guy made the comment referring his sexuality. If it was otherwise, he could have clarified his intentions with his followup post but he just made it worse. As mod, it is up to you to decide who to ban so I won't comment on the degree of punishment but that post definitely deserved be deleted at least

• Sorry, I meant to get back to you sooner but forgot.

Look, the honest truth is I think there is homophobia behind the comment as well but equally this comment could have been made about anyone who curses, drinks alcohol and eats pork, even if they were heterosexual - there is room for different interpretations here. As users, we can all have our opinions on what another user means when he says something but as a mod, I need stronger proof than that to take strict action, regardless of my personal opinion.

However, whether homophobic or not, I don’t like it when religion is used to shame other people and would request that Mapuan stop doing that immediately or there could be stricter action taken.

That is my final decision on this matter. I’m sure you won’t agree and that’s fine but I hope that by explaining my reasoning you will at least understand where I’m coming from.