World League 2008

• If MVP's were decided fairly.. who knows. But you are volleyball people, say fairly was Giba the best in the world league or just because his team had won the tournament he was given MVP. But the statistic had shown something different, but FIVB don't care about this. It was pretty sure that Kazyiski was the best player in this tournament, but you don't want to admit it. Compared to the award in 2006 , you tell me somebody who made most remarkable season. This year may be Potlavskiy, may be Matey also, but it's sure again that Matey deserve it again.

Giba wasn´t MVP of last World League. Ricardo was. He achieved it because Russia lost final game. It would be very strange if Poltavsky was given this prize regardless he achieved two prizes. It was a great success for him. Also he was great on EC. But he didn´t play well in all important games. It´s a pity. I think that one of Falasca brother can pretend on this prize. It would be very fair.... Matey (he is great player) didn´t won anything in 2007.

• Sorry, I was talking about World cup, it was my mistake. In the WC 2007, Giba deffinitely wasn't the best but he gained the price. :)

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• But in the WC no player shined that brightly, so they gave it to a player who won the tournament. Fair enough - it could had gone to Nascimento or Dante, but they gave it to Giba, because he is more famous.

• But in the WC no player shined that brightly, so they gave it to a player who won the tournament. Fair enough - it could had gone to Nascimento or Dante, but they gave it to Giba, because he is more famous.

I really start to thing that you are doing this on purpose - "no player shined".... if you see the statistic they show something else. Who was briliant in every single one of this 11 matches, who gained 3 MVP awards, who made over 20 points in almost all the 11 matches. I am sorry but you are wrong. And just because I believe in justice I'll wait for the biggest award for Kazyiski - best player in the Olympics.

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• I really start to thing that you are doing this on purpose - "no player shined".... if you see the statistic they show something else. Who was briliant in every single one of this 11 matches, who gained 3 MVP awards, who made over 20 points in almost all the 11 matches. I am sorry but you are wrong. And just because I believe in justice I'll wait for the biggest award for Kazyiski - best player in the Olympics.

You are just a fanatic. Tell me, which individual award did Kazyski won in the WC?

• You are just a fanatic. Tell me, which individual award did Kazyski won in the WC?

That's what I'm saying!!! Why Giba was awarded, he was better than Kaziyski??? Why I don't say Aleksiev, or Berezhko or Priddy, because Kaziyski was the best in this tournament, and he even was nominated but the award was given to Giba because of the title. If Bulgaria had won who do you think would have won the price - tell me?
    The stupid thing is that the award is given to the player from the team who had won the competiton, which is not fair in the case with the last world cup where Giba wasn't the best deffinitely.

• If Bulgaria had won, that would be a different story, but Bulgaria was only third. If Russia had won, Poltavsky would had won the MVP. :roll:

Want it or not, both Kazyski and Poltavsky didn't play good volleyball against Brazil, and couldn't help their teams to beat Brazil.

All in all, it could had gone to someone else, but is not an absurd that it went to Giba.

• If MVP's were decided fairly.. who knows. But you are volleyball people, say fairly was Giba the best in the world league or just because his team had won the tournament he was given MVP. But the statistic had shown something different, but FIVB don't care about this. It was pretty sure that Kazyiski was the best player in this tournament, but you don't want to admit it. Compared to the award in 2006 , you tell me somebody who made most remarkable season. This year may be Potlavskiy, may be Matey also, but it's sure again that Matey deserve it again.

My hands are under the knees...

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• My hands are under the knees...

You don't approve it or what?

• If Bulgaria had won, that would be a different story, but Bulgaria was only third. If Russia had won, Poltavsky would had won the MVP. :roll:

Want it or not, both Kazyski and Poltavsky didn't play good volleyball against Brazil, and couldn't help their teams to beat Brazil.

All in all, it could had gone to someone else, but is not an absurd that it went to Giba.

Listen, they have chosen the best player of the tournament, not best player against Brazil. Giba for me is definitely one of the best. And you all are still children here in the forum.

• Ok, this forum is about discussions, why you call it such - kindergarden, or it's not offending, or you just define "offending" yourself. I really don't know what's wrong with all of you, it's not said that the best player of the tournament should be from the team who had actually won?? It's so obivous, where are the FIVB criterias for choosing best player (MVP) in world cup?? It's not normal to say "ooh, brazil won, so - Giba; russia won, so - Poltavskiy, Bulgaria won, so - Kazyiski(although I doubt they will give it to them even if he made something incredible like 40 points in every match). MVP at the tournament is one person, of course he won't be from tunisia or egypt, or teams at the bottom of the standings, but it clearly can be from the first three teams. And just because Giba or Poltavskiy, or whoever you like didn't "shine so brightly", that doesn't mean that there weren't other players to do this.

And superbobo, be carefull of what you say. (and favourite team - spain, i won't comment)

• Listen, they have chosen the best player of the tournament, not best player against Brazil. Giba for me is definitely one of the best. And you all are still children here in the forum.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I was saying ALL ALONG that his MVP was not an absurd. It was AFROMAN who was complaining so. And you didn't understand my comment on Poltavsky and Kazyski against Brazil.

So, at least TRY to think before you call anyone a "child".

• Kaziyski was a disgrace against Brazil. That does not mean he would not have deserved the prize. But I guess that proves that even MIGHTY Kaziyski was not playing that well during the WC.

Individual awards are BS. I mean, the Spanish setter winning?! :wacko: That awards should have gone to Lloyd Ball instead :thumbup:

• Kaziyski was a disgrace against Brazil. That does not mean he would not have deserved the prize. But I guess that proves that even MIGHTY Kaziyski was not playing that well during the WC.

Individual awards are BS. I mean, the Spanish setter winning?! :wacko: That awards should have gone to Lloyd Ball instead :thumbup:

Maybe. ;) And can you tell me when exactly the world league starts, because infact that's the topic here. :D

• Ok, this forum is about discussions, why you call it such - kindergarden, or it's not offending, or you just define "offending" yourself. I really don't know what's wrong with all of you, it's not said that the best player of the tournament should be from the team who had actually won?? It's so obivous, where are the FIVB criterias for choosing best player (MVP) in world cup?? It's not normal to say "ooh, brazil won, so - Giba; russia won, so - Poltavskiy, Bulgaria won, so - Kazyiski(although I doubt they will give it to them even if he made something incredible like 40 points in every match). MVP at the tournament is one person, of course he won't be from tunisia or egypt, or teams at the bottom of the standings, but it clearly can be from the first three teams. And just because Giba or Poltavskiy, or whoever you like didn't "shine so brightly", that doesn't mean that there weren't other players to do this.

And superbobo, be carefull of what you say. (and favourite team - spain, i won't comment)

My nickname tells which is my first favourite team!

• Individual awards are BS. I mean, the Spanish setter winning?! :wacko:

What do u have against spanish setter?!

"Every volleyball player is a little bit psychopath, there are no normal people who want to voluntarily dedicate their life to this sport"
    Plamen Konstantinov

• By the way, he is 100% right. Ball > Spanish setter, by a long shot.

I didn`t say that Ball is weak, cause i like this setter a lot but in my opinion there is no sense to compare them. Every setter has his own style.
    And one more, i have never thought about myself as a expert about volleyball - cause i`m to young for beeing expert in 20 years maybe, not now, sometimes some people from there also should do it because i think people who chose players have little bit more expirience than all of us.

BTW was it kind a ignorance that u wrote Ball and "spanish setter"? this "spanish setter" has a name and surname i think... :roll:

Plamen Konstantinov