European Qualification for the Olympic Games 2008

• germany? :lol:
    i guess germany cant win anymore :D u mean finland maybe? :whistle:

Germany can win in some friendly matches maybe. :D

[color=#009900][color=#ffffff]

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• My hope goes to Serbia and I do hope that Poland qualifies for the Olympics in their next tournament! I hope for them some good players return! :teach:

:lol:

• Lozano said that he would never take Grzegorz Szymański to NT again. In Lozano's opinion, Szymański avoids playing in NT, explaining himslef with some imagined injuries. It is unpleasent situation and it won't make a better atmosphere in Polish team ( it is already not good), but I think Lozano knows what he is talking about. But we don't know how long more this Argentinian will remain Polish coach.

By the way, Lozano is very angry with yesterday's Spain performance against Holland. He said it was unprofessional and not fair by Spain. I'm not surprised with that, as well I'm not surprised with Spanish beahaviour in that game.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Lozano wouldn't have said that if his team had beaten holland and qualify for the semi-finals. ;)

"I'm so proud that the fans still sing my name. But I fear tomorrow they will stop. And I fear it because I love it. And everything you love you fear you will lose" - Eric Cantona

• Lozano said that he would never take Grzegorz Szymański to NT again. In Lozano's opinion, Szymański avoids playing in NT, explaining himslef with some imagined injuries. It is unpleasent situation and it won't make a better atmosphere in Polish team ( it is already not good), but I think Lozano knows what he is talking about. But we don't know how long more this Argentinian will remain Polish coach.

By the way, Lozano is very angry with yesterday's Spain performance against Holland. He said it was unprofessional and not fair by Spain. I'm not surprised with that, as well I'm not surprised with Spanish beahaviour in that game.

Well Lozano probably didnt watch that game, otherwise he would say things like that.. Spain fought bravely and almost won first 2 sets

• Spain has done something similar when they played their last game against Serbia at the recent EC, and thus they kicked Germany (I think) out. It's not fair in my book either, but it's part of the game, and it happens all the time, in CL as well. Even if a team plays with the starting line-up (and not with their second squad), when they know they have already qualified, it's logical that they won't give it all for the victory.
    I was supporting Poland, Finland and Serbia at this tournament, well, two of them made it to the semis. Poland will surely have a second chance at one of the intercontinental tournaments, especially if Winiasrki, Wlazly and Kadziewicz return and given the fact that the teams which will participate aren't stronger than the European ones.
    Logically, the final should be between Spain and Serbia. Although nothing would please me more than seeing the Finns beating Spain in the semifinal.

• Well Lozano probably didnt watch that game, otherwise he would say things like that.. Spain fought bravely and almost won first 2 sets

Yes, because they need one set to take a first place (: They won 2nd set so they didn't need more (;
    But I'm not angry on Spain. We had chance to beat Spain and Holland, but we didn't do it...

• Yes, because they need one set to take a first place (: They won 2nd set so they didn't need more (;
    But I'm not angry on Spain. We had chance to beat Spain and Holland, but we didn't do it...

NO, if they needed that set, they would have started with the best players and win the set, and then put the other players in.. just like in EC.. instead these players played their BEST the whole game, but were unlucky in the end.
    Saying that this is not fair, is the same as for example saying that Lozano didnt play fair to Italy because he didnt take a better attacker Szymansky and therefore Poland lost to Spain and Holland, if Lozano would have taken all the best players, Poland would have won all the matches and Italy would have qualified... instead, Lozano (by his own words) chose the players that are the best for the atmosphere of the team, well, Marcelo Mendez (coach of Spain) did the same in the last game, he put on the players on the field, that he felt were the best for the condition and atmosphere of his team at that moment, there is NOTHING wrong with that. And the players played with absolutelly no lack of motivation. So all in all, Spain played fair to everybody.

• fair or not fair... hard to be objective in that but seriously... does it matter now?
    Poland had all chances to advance to the semis... leading 12:9 against the dutch team in the 5th set and not being able to close the match. In sports u have to rely on urself and not on other players or teams if u do so, you are not a real champion.

(I just remembered a similiar case from the females EC this year. Poland helped serbia to advance to the semis by beating the dutch team and then poland lost against serbia in the semis.... so, many ppl started to say that it would have been better if poland lost against the dutch that time.......)

We will see if that loss against the netherlands was really necessary or if the spaniards will regret it afterwards...
    I dont blame the spaniards for losing, the only team i can blame is poland itself......

• I read the news too from siatka.org (still remember polish) and Raul Lozano must understand that match Spain-Holland was not negotiated. Spain has to keep their first players on the bench for the other games. I saw the game last evening and Spain even with reserves played good. They were leading in the 1st set till 20th point and even in the thid set so for Holland awas very hard to win. And in matter of fact eliminating Poland and Italy from tournament that only 1 team qualifies for Beijing 2008 is bigger step to the final.

Saying that this is not fair, is the same as for example saying that Lozano didnt play fair to Italy because he didnt take a better attacker Szymansky and therefore Poland lost to Spain and Holland, if Lozano would have taken all the best players, Poland would have won all the matches and Italy would have qualified...

What :what: What Italy has to it? Whe played against Italy without Szymanski too... so they had the same chances

instead, Lozano (by his own words) chose the players that are the best for the atmosphere of the team, well, Marcelo Mendez (coach of Spain) did the same in the last game, he put on the players on the field, that he felt were the best for the condition and atmosphere of his team at that moment, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Where do you read that Lozano chose players the best only for the atmosphere of the theam?

But as I wrote in my last post... I'm not angry on Spain... we could win against Spain and Holland, but we didn't do it so the better won.

• It may not have been fair from Spain, but at least it was clever to have their best player taking some rest when they could.

Lozano has been foolish enough to be "fair" this summer by playing all the WL games with a good team in order to win all the pool matches (what they did) even if they were already qualified, and in the end he had injured and tired players to play in the European Championship.

• Justyna, then WHY Szymanski is not in the squad (don't say that he is injured). Dawid Murek said that Lozano must understand who is playing with heart and dedication and who doesn't care about polish national team. I think Murek helped a lot, but it will be very difficult for poland to qualify for the OG now.

• Szymanski didn't play because he doesn't want not because Lozano didn't call him, so thats why i don't understan this what wrote zik013

I don't know but all this is very bad for the polish NT.

• Yeah, we need some good player on attack :roll:

I personally think that you need new coach. :)

• plus, Lozano took a firm position didnt want to "beg" Szymanski to play.. it was his desicion, and nobody knows would he be in the team, if the coach publicly asked him to... maybe i dont know some details in this case, but saying Spain did something unfair is very unfair.. and while i was watching this game, i never had the feeling that Spain plays under 100%... on the contrary... 105% they were playing... thus being FAIR to Poland.. which players to rest and which players to field, is not anybodys business, but the coach himself.

• well, the every coach has a right to make a decision who to play... there is nothing unfair about it

Who will approve any coach if he doesn't call Kaziyski or Poltavski for example in the national squad? I think that Wlazly is not injured, just there are problems between him and Lozano.