World Olympic Qualifying Tournament 2008 - Japan

• I hope POL, SRB and JPN!!!

ALL BIG competition is held in Japan (home county), I’m Japanese but I sometimes feeling apologize for the system.

Japan has lots chance to qualify to Olympic more than another team!

World Cup was held in Japan. and Last chance to Beijing OQT hold in Japan again.

Team Korea have lots injured player and retired players, so now Team Japan have big chance to quality as Asia team.

• Polish "12":

Milena Sadurek-Mikołajczyk
    Katarzyna Skorupa

Maria Liktoras
    Eleonora Dziękiewicz
    Agnieszka Bednarek

Małgorzata Glinka
    Anna Barańska
    Milena Rosner
    Karolina Ciaszkiewicz
    Anna Podolec

Katarzyna Skowrońska-Dolata

Mariola Zenik

• Serbia:

Setters: MAJA OGNJENOVIĆ, MAJA SIMANIĆ
    Libero: SUZANA ĆEBIĆ
    Opposites: IVANA ĐERISILO – STANKOVIĆ, JOVANA BRAKOČEVIĆ, IVANA NEŠOVIĆ
    Middle blockers: VESNA ČITAKOVIĆ – ĐURIŠIĆ, STEFANA VELJKOVIĆ, NATAŠA KRSMANOVIĆ Outside hitters: JELENA NIKOLIĆ, JOVANA VESOVIĆ, SANJA TOMAŠEVIĆ

I expect that either Djerisilo or Nesovic will play as OH. Vesovic and Tomasevic are not so strong I think...

• Djerisilo will play as OH, it's been announced. I guess it's only logical option as nobody can expect Tomasevic or Vesovic to perform on the required high level. The problem is that Ivana is having problems with her shoulder again, so it's not certain how fit she will be.
    Nesovic has switched to OH in her club lately, so maybe we can expect her to take some burden off Djerisilo if needed.
    Marija Pavlovic has a serious back injury so she will skip this tournament. A pity, but I think the other MBs are strong enough.

• Nesovic also played OH in Junior NT, I watched her 2 years ago in Junior ECH in France and she was pretty good. I always thought it was a mistake to turn her into Opp because there is also Marta Drpa who played very well on that position and those two play for the same club so it means when both play Opp one always has to sit.

• Just to start the World Olympic qualifying Tournament...and Serbia and Poland made a friendly game already in Japanese lands....

Were a game of 5 sets...

Poland 3x2 Serbia (25:19, 25:19, 25:15, 22:25, 13:15)

Serbia:NIKOLIĆ (18 ), BRAKOČEVIĆ (9), KRSMANOVIĆ (10), VESOVIĆ (3), OGNJENOVIĆ (4), ČITAKOVIĆ - ĐURIŠIĆ (2), ĆEBIĆ, TOMAŠEVIĆ, SIMANIĆ, NEŠOVIĆ (4), VELJKOVIĆ (4), ĐERISILO – STANKOVIĆ (10).

Poland: PODOLEC (11), GLINKA (12), BEDNAREK (10), BARANSKA (12), SADUREK (3), LIKTORAS (8 ), ZENIK, ROSNER (5), SKORUPA (2), ČASKIJEVIČ (6), DZJEKIJEVIČ (5), SKOVRONSKA (11).

At least I think it was this...hehe...cause I don't understand serbian....and I saw on their federation site... ^^

http://ossrb.org/main/index.ph…task=view&id=935&Itemid=2

• Any channels broadcasting this qualifiying tournament, i want to watch it

• Any channels broadcasting this qualifiying tournament, i want to watch it

Polsat Sport :D

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Serbian RTS will show the matches of our NT live.

Good to know. I have possibilities to watch this channel.

The most important 3:
    POLAND-SZCZECIN-VOLLEYBALL

5th place - Prediction Game - World League 2011 :D

• Jep, good to know, but i would prefer a TV broadcast on eurosport or
    something like that :roll:

• Finally starting!

First match was already played!
    Thailand - Dom. Republic 0:3 (24:26 22:25 24:26)
    Seems like it was a very close match. A good start for the Dom. Republic. Tomorrow they will have a harder opponent, with serbia waiting ;)

Other matches today:
    Korea - Puerto Rico (in Progress)
    Serbia - Kazachstan (i think this will be an interesting match! hope a close one :) )
    Poland - Japan (ach, these two "friends".... hope Poland wins! aj!)

• other 2 Results:
    KOR - PUR 3:1 (25:22 25:16 21:25 25:21)
    SRB
    - KAZ 3:1 (25:19 25:12 23:25 25:14)

Poland vs Japan in Progress and Japan leads 2:0 in sets (25:20, 27:25)

i really wonder, why Lena is not playing :(

• 3:1 for Japan (25:17 in the 4th set)
    Was a nice match, but im not satisfied with the Poles. Especially Kasia disappointed me. But ok, hope it will look different tomorrow.
    I liked Agnieszka Bednareks perfomance, good attacking and blocking, nice job :)

• I am not JPN fans, but their performace is really good. :drink:

Today POL makes too many unforced errors. Hope they win tmr ! Add oil! :super: