Italy NT 2015

• He actually trolled Berruto, the one who didn't want him in the NT

As far as I know, Berruto wanted him, but Savani, Ivan and Travica (Macerata scientology) blocked everything in 2012. Anyway Berruto has a lot of faults: a coach cannot accept orders by his players

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• Berruto also posted one of this pathetic "poetry" in his own blog after Italy grabbed its ticket, basically trying to jump on the bandwagon and claim merits on this victory. Zaytsev's answer was even less diplomatic that Juantorena's :gone:

• Juantorena's joke was hilarious, actually. I don't even think he meant to direct it to anyone, just the entire situation in general. :rolll:

• I'm impressed: Juantorena is learning how to write in Italian :lol:

It's possible, you just have to believe in yourself and really not care what other people say, because I've heard it all.
    If you let someone else dictate what you're going to do in life, then you won't get there.

Non so neanche come onestamente: in due mesi ero di nuovo in campo.

• It is the obvious attempt to restore an athmosphere of chaos and drama under which the italian NT obviously works best. Just too much harmony around lately.... 8)

• ECH 2015, same roster of the WC

Setters: Giannelli, Sottile
    MBs: Buti, Piano, Anzani
    OH: Juantorena, Lanza, Antonov, Massari
    Opp: Zaystev, Vettori, Sabbi
    Libero: Colaci, Rossini

No Birarelli, no Parodi. I hoped they would have recovered

Per un pir, un pam un persec per na brogna e na rumleina, nuetr'a sam d'la Ghirlandeina nuetr'a sam da rispeter

• We have qualified for Rio and gotten rid of Travica forever. Now if only we could win the single thing still missing...

Last victory was in 2005 if I rememeber well, anyway I think it's almost impossible. We are a good team, but I consider Poland, Serbia and France still above us, on the bench in particular. We are tired due to the World Cup and without our best back-ups about OHs (Kovar and Parodi) and our best MB (Birarelli). I hope to reach semifinal and honorably fight on equal terms with the others

• Last victory was in 2005 if I rememeber well, anyway I think it's almost impossible. We are a good team, but I consider Poland, Serbia and France still above us, on the bench in particular. We are tired due to the World Cup and without our best back-ups about OHs (Kovar and Parodi) and our best MB (Birarelli). I hope to reach semifinal and honorably fight on equal terms with the others

This is true, however reaching the second place in such a tournament without a decent MB and almost no block was remarkable. Who knows what will happen in Rio if we get another of our ridiculously lucky draws.

Anyway I am sure one between Poland, Serbia and France will not qualify to the games.

• Anyway I am sure one between Poland, Serbia and France will not qualify to the games.

Do you believe in Alekno's miracles? :D

p.s. I was talking about this European Championship, not Rio.

Edited once, last by Mamdani ().

• There is any chance for Falaschi or Baranowicz in NT? I know Giannelli has been perfoming really well and exceeded the expecations. However, I think it is necessary to have another kind of setter on the bench in case Giannelli couldnt handle the pressure (so far he did it fine, except against USA).

What aboust Cester as MB? I agree Italy biggest problem is the middle and OHs back up. Massari and Oleg arent enough in such a high level. But i´m confident Stoychev could help Oleg a lot in this season.

• Of course, the Ech will be a lottery.
    Alekno will take this team to the Olympics whatever it takes. If there's someone who should be worried about not qualifying, that's France.

Baranowicz specifically said that he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench, so as long as Giannelli exists he simply has no place in this team anymore.

• My concern is from "generazione di fenomeni" to Massari, not to Juantorena. I don't give a damn about his provenance, as well as I did not give a damn about Aguero some years ago

Agree!! Massari won the jackpot being in the NT out of nowhere (with no offense).

Juantorena joking Travica on Instagram: "Rio, we are coming; for sure we won't be late".

source

I'm disgusted.

It's the first time it cross my mind it's referred to Travica. I think it was referred both to the 'WL-incident' in general (and in case mostly vs Berruto than Travica) and to the fact that we won't be late in Rio because we are the first vb team to qualificate :cheesy:

Oh God, I missed that, I was still waiting for the roster!
    I'm so sorry Bira and Simo won't be there. Especially Parodi, not because he is more useful than Bira itself, but because another competition without a decent OH on the bench it's going to be tough (= there is more difference between Massari and Parodi than between Anzani and Bira, imho, even if probably Bira right now is more important for the A team).

Baranowicz specifically said that he doesn't want to be sitting on the bench, so as long as Giannelli exists he simply has no place in this team anymore.

I can understand that he had is trouble with the NT, but imho this is absolutely the wrong way to approach the NT. It should be a huge honor even only being there, and every one should be ready to do whatever the team needs and the coach asks.
    And that's a thing I didn't like form Zaytsev either, even if I esteem him a lot since he played with MRoma.

• To be fair he said this after being thrown out of the NT twice a few months before the Olympics (2012 and 2016), to Travica of all people in the world. Baranowicz was by far the best Italian setter that Italy had until last year.

However Blegnini needs to get rid of all players perceived as troublemakers, so, even if wrong, I understand why Italy NT at the moment cannot have Baranowicz in the team. Hopefully it will change in the future, but this was the perfect situation of a legitimate complaint going wrong.

• Bara who does not accept the bench is only a rumor. Even if Sottile is good, I hope to see him or Falaschi again in the team. Falaschi, specifically, I consider him the most underrated setter in the world. He could be even better than Giannelli right now.

Regarding the MBs, Cester is not better than Piano (good blocker, poor spiker), I hope to see Barone in the team as a backup, and Anzani and Bira in the line up